In the Know analysis of our defining 2017 draft

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

David-Lee
Club Player

Re: In the Know analysis of our defining 2017 draft

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH....we dont need more players to win ...we have excellent young players. We are rich in players from 50 games down to yet to debut.
If a team has a gaggle of youth and they are all sh@#t according to many...not more than a few who are worthy of a senior spot....
How about looking at the coaches who are meant to be developing them? I desperately want Roos at St Kilda and a dream come true would be coach of Sandy and development god of Morabbin.

I know I have bagged Richo...he was excellent developing youth elsewhere but that seems to be out of his scope now that he has a senior side to manage.

But top class...top 50 picks are becoming rubbish we sweep aside. It is not ok anymore. I see our youth in general stalled. They are not improving overall.
Some naturally improve as they age and gain experience but the development of hard ball hungry super smart animals seems illusive.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote: If a team has a gaggle of youth and they are all sh@#t according to many....
Let's not be over dramatic, they are all notsh@#t. What many are saying is that we just need a few highest quality players to finish off the rebuild. A little bit more elite cream.

I personally think that we have excellent overall depth and balance. Though huge inconsistency. Coaching is an issue no doubt here.

But so far we have no new out and out guns. We have some new good young players no doubt such as Ross and Billings, but no sign of a superstar. Maybe they will both step up even further.

If Paddy had not of picked the Cats then they would be back in the scrum of teams just inside the 8 rather than in the top few.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
freely
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote: But so far we have no new out and out guns. We have some new good young players no doubt such as Ross and Billings, but no sign of a superstar.
I'd say Gresham has that potential. Is this only his 2nd year? He hasn't had that 'breakout' game you look for - but he's more than a bag of tricks imho.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

In the team posted by SMS on the previous page, our forward line is far too small. We cant afford to haveLonie.174cm. and Gresham 178cm occupying the two foward pockets. At this stage I would have Marshall or Membrey replacing Lonie. Would look much stronger.