Why do we keep getting thrashed?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby Scollop » Sun 16 Jul 2017 7:18pm

thejiggingsaint wrote:Maybe, it's me, but I'm of the opinion that this season, we've not had any floggings on the scale of last season (100 points at West Coast, 88 at Port Adelaide) In the context of a VERY open comp in 2017, our losses are about par for the course.


So you're saying we are not mortally wounded right? In your eyes it's just a 'flesh wound' :lol: :lol:
Con Gorozidis wrote:If I have to explain how that works then dont reply because you are too dense to converse with.
Scollop
SS Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 2021
Joined: Sun 11 Sep 2011 2:26pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby thejiggingsaint » Sun 16 Jul 2017 7:20pm

Errrrrrrrrr? ......... Well?....... YES!
Dream the impossible dream: Go Saints! (to hell with the rest!) :D
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 7955
Joined: Wed 03 Aug 2005 10:01pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby Scollop » Sun 16 Jul 2017 7:32pm

So we're still a contender?
Con Gorozidis wrote:If I have to explain how that works then dont reply because you are too dense to converse with.
Scollop
SS Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 2021
Joined: Sun 11 Sep 2011 2:26pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby Sainternist » Sun 16 Jul 2017 9:53pm

If we are to lose the next two games, I hope we at least go down swinging. WW has definitely brought up a valid area of concern. Heavy losses never look good, nor do they do the percentage any good. Our low percentage could really come back to haunt us by the end of the home and away season.
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
Image
User avatar
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9328
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 12:57am
Location: South of Heaven

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby stonecold » Sun 16 Jul 2017 10:00pm

Scollop wrote:So we're still a contender?



Most teams still are this season, anything is possible at this stage!!!!!!!
'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!
stonecold
Club Player
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Thu 24 Sep 2015 3:12pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby Con Gorozidis » Mon 17 Jul 2017 12:06am

When we got thrashed by the Bulldogs - they were last year's Premier so fair enough. Dont worry.
Thrashed by Swans - last year's Grand finalist! Top side. Dont worry.
Thrashed by the Crows - top side! Dont worry.
Scrape over Blues. They are 16th but really they are a great side! Dont worry.
Thrashed by Bombers. They are a great side playing incredible footy! Dont worry.

Meet the Saints new Media Manager. Most important job at the club.

Image
User avatar
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 22185
Joined: Thu 19 Jun 2008 4:04pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby skeptic » Mon 17 Jul 2017 12:22am

I hate it when you're on this war path Con,

I don't think anybody has ever said losing those games in that manner was ok or not a cause for concern. Heck this site goes into melt down post every loss
skeptic
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8437
Joined: Wed 10 Mar 2004 7:10pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby Sainternist » Mon 17 Jul 2017 1:07am

skeptic wrote:I hate it when you're on this war path Con,

I don't think anybody has ever said losing those games in that manner was ok or not a cause for concern. Heck this site goes into melt down post every loss


+1

You'd think with our history of losing we would have learnt to treat it with some humility, wouldn't you?
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
Image
User avatar
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9328
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 12:57am
Location: South of Heaven

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby satchmo » Mon 17 Jul 2017 8:52am

skeptic wrote:I hate it when you're on this war path Con,

I don't think anybody has ever said losing those games in that manner was ok or not a cause for concern. Heck this site goes into melt down post every loss

Image
*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.


Last Post
satchmo
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6116
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 12:24pm
Location: Hotel Bastardos

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby saintspremiers » Mon 17 Jul 2017 11:17am

thejiggingsaint wrote:Maybe, it's me, but I'm of the opinion that this season, we've not had any floggings on the scale of last season (100 points at West Coast, 88 at Port Adelaide) In the context of a VERY open comp in 2017, our losses are about par for the course.


Wow.

So your comfortable with an average losing margin of 42 points?

Only one of our losses (WCE) we have been competitive?

Nup, not me.

Sure, I don't expect every loss to be small ones, but I DO expect more than one out of seven.
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 23359
Joined: Tue 01 Feb 2005 4:25pm
Location: Trump Tower

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby Sainternist » Mon 17 Jul 2017 2:04pm

satchmo wrote:
skeptic wrote:I hate it when you're on this war path Con,

I don't think anybody has ever said losing those games in that manner was ok or not a cause for concern. Heck this site goes into melt down post every loss

Image


Con is the Eeyore of the forum!
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
Image
User avatar
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 9328
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 12:57am
Location: South of Heaven

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby thefatdork » Mon 17 Jul 2017 2:55pm

Hi All,
i always try look to the positives when we lose but I've been troubled about how we lose so badly.
I can't help thinking that this is a coaching issue - we seem to be unable to implement game plan change when we are being badly beaten and end up getting really flogged.
The game against the Bombers epitomised this for me - we continually bombed it into forward 50 when the bombers had numbers back and then they easily cleared it to their runners. Surely the plan needs to change - perhaps hold possession of the ball and show some patience rather than bomb it in and hope that we'll get on the end of it. At least if we have possession, then the opposition doesn't - but we need to be able to also hang on to the ball and stop turning it over cheaply. Our skills are problematic.
I like Richo as a coach but he seems to be at a loss to stem the tide when things are going badly. I think genuinely good sides are usually able to do this - they generally don't get smashed each loss.
I know we are a young side and I'm sure having experienced players have a role in this too - we've got that experience in Gears, Rooney, Joey, etc. - but the coaching needs to have plans and be able to implement changes in these circumstances.
I hate losing but i REALLY hate capitulating in the way we do - it's not only embarrassing but is also such a huge let-down and deflates the spirit. We must do better than this if we are to become a good side.
Anyway, back to positive thinking and let's hope we can show Sydney up.
GO SAINTS,
TFD
thefatdork
Club Player
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat 11 Jun 2011 8:23am

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby freely » Mon 17 Jul 2017 2:57pm

freely
Club Player
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri 07 Jun 2013 1:03pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby lefty » Mon 17 Jul 2017 8:44pm

Great topic, and yes its very very frustrating.

I mean, that Adelaide game was definitely coaching that caused it. We had flooded in the first quarter and never looked like even wanting to win.

The Essendon game, the only change I saw was Carlisle move up forward, and honestly if it wasn't for him, we would of lost by 100. Continuously bombing the ball into the forward line doesn't work, when...

1. Roo can't jump and mark like he use to
2. Bruce can't seem to take a mark or pack grab anymore
3. We lost our only dangerous forward in Membrey
4. Can't rely on Battle in his first game

Essendon no doubt at all, had the better game plan.
lefty
Club Player
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue 28 Sep 2004 8:11pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby Jacks Back » Mon 17 Jul 2017 11:35pm

Con Gorozidis wrote:When we got thrashed by the Bulldogs - they were last year's Premier so fair enough. Dont worry.
Thrashed by Swans - last year's Grand finalist! Top side. Dont worry.
Thrashed by the Crows - top side! Dont worry.
Scrape over Blues. They are 16th but really they are a great side! Dont worry.
Thrashed by Bombers. They are a great side playing incredible footy! Dont worry.

Meet the Saints new Media Manager. Most important job at the club.

Image

Image
As president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”
Jacks Back
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3765
Joined: Sat 11 Jun 2011 4:52pm
Location: Here

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby White Winmar » Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:10pm

We did it again! Lost by our exact average losing margin of 42 points. Only Brisbane has a worse losing margin average. The blows to our percentage has just about wrecked our finals chances. Port Adelaide in the weird crime capital next week. Strewth!
I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
User avatar
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue 02 Jun 2009 10:02pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby noddy04 » Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:14pm

White Winmar wrote:We did it again! Lost by our exact average losing margin of 42 points. Only Brisbane has a worse losing margin average. The blows to our percentage has just about wrecked our finals chances. Port Adelaide in the weird crime capital next week. Strewth!

What weird crimes are you talking about White Winmar?
noddy04
Club Player
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu 19 Mar 2009 3:51pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby WellardSaint » Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:17pm

noddy04 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:We did it again! Lost by our exact average losing margin of 42 points. Only Brisbane has a worse losing margin average. The blows to our percentage has just about wrecked our finals chances. Port Adelaide in the weird crime capital next week. Strewth!

What weird crimes are you talking about White Winmar?


Google "Snowtown"
and Adelaide is apparently a hotbed of paedos, there's lots of high ranking cops and judges
who used to kidnap and rape kids, and they covered up for each other.
We need new assistant coaches.
The current ones are underperforming. "Player development" is a phrase that means nothing at Seaford.
Who has developed? Who has gone backwards this year?
User avatar
WellardSaint
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Sat 26 May 2012 11:25am
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby Proph3t of egan » Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:18pm

i dont know about you guys, but ill be happy to keep the margin below 70 points next week. finger crossed
Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
Proph3t of egan
Club Player
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun 08 May 2016 8:02pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby Impatient Sainter » Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:21pm

I am confident in 1 thing after tonight. Richo wont coach our next premiership side as we are light years away from competing at that level again.
Impatient Sainter
Club Player
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue 05 Apr 2016 3:30pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby saintspremiers » Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:23pm

Proph3t of egan wrote:i dont know about you guys, but ill be happy to keep the margin below 70 points next week. finger crossed


Soap on a rope time!
i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 23359
Joined: Tue 01 Feb 2005 4:25pm
Location: Trump Tower

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby mr six o'clock » Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:27pm

saintspremiers wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:i dont know about you guys, but ill be happy to keep the margin below 70 points next week. finger crossed


Soap on a rope time!


Like
In red white and black from 73
mr six o'clock
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3287
Joined: Fri 17 Nov 2006 1:05am

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby noddy04 » Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:27pm

WellardSaint wrote:
noddy04 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:We did it again! Lost by our exact average losing margin of 42 points. Only Brisbane has a worse losing margin average. The blows to our percentage has just about wrecked our finals chances. Port Adelaide in the weird crime capital next week. Strewth!

What weird crimes are you talking about White Winmar?


Google "Snowtown"
and Adelaide is apparently a hotbed of paedos, there's lots of high ranking cops and judges
who used to kidnap and rape kids, and they covered up for each other.



Actually i was asking WW the question. So welland NO other city or state has weird crimes? No paedos in Perth or melbourne. No corruption in the Police and Judicary ranks in Perth or melbourne? Must be 2 great towns if their isnt.
noddy04
Club Player
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu 19 Mar 2009 3:51pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby whiskers3614 » Sat 22 Jul 2017 11:27pm

Impatient Sainter wrote:I am confident in 1 thing after tonight. Richo wont coach our next premiership side as we are light years away from competing at that level again.

:oops:
Going on past performances our next premiership coach may not have been born yet!
whiskers3614
SS Life Member
 
Posts: 3356
Joined: Thu 20 May 2010 11:49pm

Re: Why do we keep getting thrashed?

Postby White Winmar » Sun 23 Jul 2017 12:09am

noddy04 wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
noddy04 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:We did it again! Lost by our exact average losing margin of 42 points. Only Brisbane has a worse losing margin average. The blows to our percentage has just about wrecked our finals chances. Port Adelaide in the weird crime capital next week. Strewth!

What weird crimes are you talking about White Winmar?


Google "Snowtown"
and Adelaide is apparently a hotbed of paedos, there's lots of high ranking cops and judges
who used to kidnap and rape kids, and they covered up for each other.



Actually i was asking WW the question. So welland NO other city or state has weird crimes? No paedos in Perth or melbourne. No corruption in the Police and Judicary ranks in Perth or melbourne? Must be 2 great towns if their isnt.


The Beaumont children, the "Family" abductions, rapes and murders, Snowtown, children abducted from the Adelaide Oval in 1965, the Coppers taking homosexuals for "swimming" lessons in the Torrens, resulting in a Adelaide academic drowning, the gypsy cult frauds. I could go on. Salman Rushdie famously said, when opening a writing festival in Adelaide, back in the 80's, "Adelaide is a weird gothic town, and towns like this are prone to weird gothic type crimes." He was never asked back, not surprisingly.

No reflection on the ordinary citizens of Adelaide, noddy04, but amongst non SA detectives the reputation was always that Adelaide had stranger aspects to their crimes than the other capitals. No shortage of bad guys elsewhere, just that Adelaide major crimes had an unusual "edge". Many rumours circulate even today about corrupt coppers, judiciary and pollies being involved in weird practices, pedophilia and satanic cults. There are still 5 members of the "family", who've never been apprehended, even though their identities are well known. The one in the group who was convicted, Bevan Spencer Von Einem, has always been too terrified to testify against his Co-offenders, who allegedly have senior members of the judiciary, bent coppers, doctors and senior public servants in their ranks.
I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
User avatar
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue 02 Jun 2009 10:02pm

PreviousNext

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 8 guests