100,000 people booing as one

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: 100,000 people booing as one

Moods wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
Moods wrote:
saintbrat wrote:and a fair percentage did
No they didn't. A few idiots booed and that was it
Ok, I think I see where you're coming from. So lets put it another way Moods. (And for the sake of the discussion, run with all the accusations against him being accurate. Also, I'm not trying to say that the two 'fields of endeavour' here are the same/equal.)

Moods, would you be happy if it was Shane Martin who was up on the dias presenting the Norm Smith?
Shane Martin hasn't earned the right to present the Norm Smith. Whether you like or hate James Hird he has definitely earned the right. Booing ppl, for me, is for umpires and cheap hits that occur during the game.

I wouldn't boo ANYONE who was asked to present the Norm Smith medal. Just cheapens the day and the persons winning awards the way I see it.
+1

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Viking3
Club Player

Moods, would you be happy if it was Shane Martin who was up on the dias presenting the Norm Smith?[/quote]

Shane Martin hasn't earned the right to present the Norm Smith. Whether you like or hate James Hird he has definitely earned the right. Booing ppl, for me, is for umpires and cheap hits that occur during the game.

Hird should not have been asked in the first place, he has lost the said 'right'!

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Viking3 wrote:
Dave wrote:Moods, would you be happy if it was Shane Martin who was up on the dias presenting the Norm Smith?
Moods wrote:Shane Martin hasn't earned the right to present the Norm Smith. Whether you like or hate James Hird he has definitely earned the right. Booing ppl, for me, is for umpires and cheap hits that occur during the game.
Hird should not have been asked in the first place, he has lost the said 'right'!
Exactly!

Yes, Tirdy earnt the right (past tense), but then he lost it (present and future tense).

Just as Lance Armstrong did an equivalent in cycling.

One difference though...

Lance Armstrong has been banned from cycling for life. :idea: Why hasn't Tirdy been banned for life?

I neither love nor hate Tirdy.
I do though, hate what he has done.
And I hate how the AFL tried to sweep it all under the carpet at the time.
And I hate how they are still trying to downplay, actually, more like whitewash what Effendope (including Tirdy) did.
And I hate how if it had been our club instead of Effendope, well it's pretty unlikely that we'd still be around. And nor should we be!
And under WADA rules, nor should Effendrug still be around. :evil:

So yes, Tirdy bloody well should have been booed!!! And yes, so should the AFL have bloody well been booed too, for their ongoing shabby cover up!!!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
IanRush
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote:
Talk of Channel 7 dropping the volume off the stadium microphones at the very moment James was on stage.

USELESS FACT: The WADA case against Essendon (in Sydney as well) is exactly 10 years to the day that Australia qualified for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

IanRush wrote:
Moods wrote:
Talk of Channel 7 dropping the volume off the stadium microphones at the very moment James was on stage.
I was at the game. Haven't heard what Ch7 did or didn't do. As I said, a few booed, a few applauded, most, like myself, remained mute.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if we would ask Hirdy to join our assistant coaching ranks like Leppa at the tigers?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Jacks Back wrote:I wonder if we would ask Hirdy to join our assistant coaching ranks like Leppa at the tigers?
Apparantly Hird's health and state of mind isn't very close to 100%.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
ace
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:I wonder if we would ask Hirdy to join our assistant coaching ranks like Leppa at the tigers?
Apparantly Hird's health and state of mind isn't very close to 100%.
Boo! hoo! hoo!
Rot for the rest of your life drug cheat.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.