J Brown on Geary

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

J Brown on Geary

Monday night "on the couch" Brown said that he thought Geary was the best captain in the competition so far this year.

Now that is some wonderful praise.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
spiral3
Club Player

Re: J Brown on Geary

I was a bit worried around the start of the year but in the second half of the season he has been superb
Really leading by example, stepping up when needed, playing well when we've struggled
He's been fantastic

Also special mention to Gilbo, another veteran who been very solid this year and played well when the team was down

Saints43
Club Player

I won't be convinced until something signed by Geary sells for over $100 in the Victory Room.

carn_sainter
Club Player

Geary might be the best one-on-one player in the comp. I say that as someone who watches only St.Kilda games, so I don't know, but I would be surprised if there are 5 players with a better one-on-one record in the comp.

On top of that, his help defence is surely as good anyone else in the comp. Maybe Rance is better.

Everyone acknowledges his toughness, fitness, strength, commitment and effort. Rightly so. It's only this season that he is getting his props for his wonderful reading of the play. He's a damn smart footballer.

I don't think Brown would have made that comment if the shoe was on the other foot and Richmond beat us by 10 goals; external praise is fleeting. What's undeniable though is that Geary has stepped up to the task...I'm sure nobody in the club is surprised.

Milne
Club Player

Think Geary has stepped up a level and is thriving in the extra responsibility. Seems to have mostly sorted out the clangers as well.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Jono can't feel his own face .

In red white and black from 73