Sinclair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StPeter
Club Player

Sinclair

I think Sinclair's form has been quite underrated in recent weeks by supporters and so called experts.

Last Saturday against Richmond he had 28 excellent possessions, including 13 uncontested (the highest on the ground),

4 score assists (also highest), 8 intercept possessions (also highest) and 0 critical errors.

He has been one of our best in all of our last 4 wins.

He should have been in the team all year. His silky skills were missed earlier in the season.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sinclair

GUNclair - biggest improver this year thus far

Vision and decision-making are elite

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

yep, has become a really good member of the midfield rotations. And another reason that Dave Armitage will find it hard to get a look in again, especially if we snag Josh Kelly.

Steven
Ross
Stevens
Newnes
Steele
Billings
Gresham
Acres
Sinclair

with D-Mac, Dunstan and Freeman in the mix

Nee!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Every possession of his is worth two really because of the way he uses it. Gun.

Vazelos
Club Player

[quote][/quote]We found another one in Sinclair...
Great ball user he is some silk to compliment the grunt..
With Billings stepping up and Steele and Stevens recruitments our mid field has been transformed.
Just bring in a Kelly and we are close to done..

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

It's funny that we keep talking about who we bring in, but the real difference between us being a genuine threat or lingering mid table is how we develop our own.

You compare Sinclair's output compared to Dusty on the weekend, and what he did against Freo vs what Fyfe served up, and I'd have Sinclair every day of the week.

If we get 5 guys to take the next step like he has this season, it will do much more for our club than bringing in an import from another club.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I always feel safe and excited when he gets the ball. You just know something good is about to happen.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
spiral3
Club Player

big fan of Sinclair, has that little bit of Robert Harvey in some of his movement/coolness in traffic, he wears the number well

love his composure (and Ross'), just need some of that to rub off on Gresh to take his game up a couple of notches

combines nicely with Billings too, having those two in a chain of play is very 'pleasing'

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Been a huge fan since he arrived you could tell he has what is required to be a special player!

Saint wagga
Club Player

Fantastic couple of months of footy since switching to the wing and a good example of a player taking opportunity and not giving it up! But i think the message to me is more of our fringe players should be tried in different roles, there hasn't been enough experimentation!! I mean SInclair was only thrown on the wing on a whim after being pidgeon holed as a defensive small forward who could pinch hit in the middle...now he's blossomed as a really pure wingman...

Porbably wont happen now as we are rolling, but injury, form drops and suspension have presented a few opportunities for players...they must grasp it!!

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:Every possession of his is worth two really because of the way he uses it. Gun.
Precisely. Excellent point. Especially when you see how often Geary, Gilbert (and sometimes Robbo & Webster) turn it over - often unforced. It's bloody hard to score when you don't have the ball. Not only does Jack S get it - and he's now turning into a genuine wing/link-up player with great vision and kicking skills - he's getting it on the outside. We don;t need any more inside mids - we need outside run and carry. So happy he's stepped up his game.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Saint wagga wrote:Fantastic couple of months of footy since switching to the wing and a good example of a player taking opportunity and not giving it up! But i think the message to me is more of our fringe players should be tried in different roles, there hasn't been enough experimentation!! I mean SInclair was only thrown on the wing on a whim after being pidgeon holed as a defensive small forward who could pinch hit in the middle...now he's blossomed as a really pure wingman...

Porbably wont happen now as we are rolling, but injury, form drops and suspension have presented a few opportunities for players...they must grasp it!!
Great point. I mean - if Liam Jones can now get a two year contract extension as a CHB .... !!!!!!

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

spiral3 wrote:big fan of Sinclair, has that little bit of Robert Harvey in some of his movement/coolness in traffic, he wears the number well

love his composure (and Ross'), just need some of that to rub off on Gresh to take his game up a couple of notches

combines nicely with Billings too, having those two in a chain of play is very 'pleasing'
And have you noticed in the last couple of games that when caught in traffic - he's actually done a harvs-like shimmy with his hips and all the traffic's dropped off? It might be just me looking at a Saints #35 do it my entire adult footy watching life but I swear I've seen it with Jack S in the last fortnight.

Rosssmith

Re: Sinclair disposal cf gears , Gilbert

Saint Matt

Both Gilbert and gears go at above afl average disposal effectiveness, check the whole of season stats for the comp 2017

The team is top3 . Top 4 for disposal effectiveness

Btw luv Sinclair . We all suffer observer bias ie belief clouds / distorts perception !!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair has poise...I like that.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Sinclair has poise...I like that.
And on the wings he seems to have found his pur-poise.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Sinclair has poise...I like that.
And on the wings he seems to have found his pur-poise.
:shock: :lol:

Viking3
Club Player

Just as comfortable, and accurate, on his left.
Don't have too many of those in the team.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Sinclair has definitely been a pleasant surprise this year. We've been desperately in need of a clean outside-mid with precision disposal and Sinclair has stepped up and done the job. Such a bonus!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

not underrated on here. going to be very good but overrated if anything at the moment based on poster votes in the last few games. i reckon it's because he looks so natural on the ball. good to see because earlier this season some were writing he and lonie (and half the team) off.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I was going to mention how well he is fitting into No.35, with Robert Harvey skills showing out, except he is a better kick, but Spiral3 beat me to it, darn him!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

As others have mentioned he has time and poise.
The main reason is he can kick well on both sides of the body and he makes good decisions

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote:I think Sinclair's form has been quite underrated in recent weeks by supporters.
Well not by the supporters on this forum at least, most of whom I am sure now rate Sincs highly.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:It's funny that we keep talking about who we bring in, but the real difference between us being a genuine threat or lingering mid table is how we develop our own.

You compare Sinclair's output compared to Dusty on the weekend, and what he did against Freo vs what Fyfe served up, and I'd have Sinclair every day of the week.

If we get 5 guys to take the next step like he has this season, it will do much more for our club than bringing in an import from another club.

While true on development, IMO Sincs always had that look of class about him since day one where you thought that he could bloom into something special.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote:I think Sinclair's form has been quite underrated in recent weeks by supporters and so called experts.

Last Saturday against Richmond he had 28 excellent possessions, including 13 uncontested (the highest on the ground),

4 score assists (also highest), 8 intercept possessions (also highest) and 0 critical errors.

He has been one of our best in all of our last 4 wins.

He should have been in the team all year. His silky skills were missed earlier in the season.
Who under rated him though?
Not seen a bad word about him in recent months.