Billy Longer - Best game yet?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Legendary
Club Player

Re: Billy Longer - Best game yet?

Needs to become his baseline game.

He showed in 2015 what he was capable of and his performance against the Tigers should be the rule and not the exception.

Saved his spot for another few weeks at least.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Needs to become his baseline game.

He showed in 2015 what he was capable of and his performance against the Tigers should be the rule and not the exception.

Saved his spot for another few weeks at least.
Jacobs was discarded by Carlton at about the age Billy is now, Goldstein's career at the same age was almost a non starter, Sandilands similar, Cox got going in his mid 20's (was a gumby before that), Gawn emerged only last year, and is 18 months older than Billy, Mumford is 31, has played 164 games, and at Billy's age (24) was disregarded as a fat rabbit, and I have a whole lot more comparisons that say Billy is going fine.

His 'lone' rucking performance in '15'ish stamped his character - he has a crack to utter exhaustion.

He captained Vic Metro, I believe, and was heralded as a young fella who could lead - yeah, well, that's what he's doing now - the blokes who play around him rate him, that much is clear - just look at how the midfielders set up at stoppages, and where they go as the ball gets in motion.

19 'hit outs to advantage' last week is a measure, but don't forget he also had 5 clearances (despite many saying he can't participate at ground level because he's sooooo slow - rubbish).

He can play, be in no doubt.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

I have now raised my expectations re Billy. We might just be able to get something for him at the trade table after all.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote: Jacobs was discarded by Carlton at about the age Billy is now, Goldstein's career at the same age was almost a non starter, Sandilands similar, Cox got going in his mid 20's (was a gumby before that), Gawn emerged only last year, and is 18 months older than Billy, Mumford is 31, has played 164 games, and at Billy's age (24) was disregarded as a fat rabbit, and I have a whole lot more comparisons that say Billy is going fine.
Off the top of my head I'd say all of those are wrong. But I know you have more, so at least one of them will be right.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sounds bitchy...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.