An official thank you to the Dishlickers and the Giants

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

An official thank you to the Dishlickers and the Giants

I would like to record a vote of thanks to the Bulldogs and the Giants for their generosity and all round esprit de corps.

Handing over players of the calibre of Jack Steele and Koby Stevens just shows that footy clubs are not all about the 'me'.

Seriously, these two guys have transformed our midfield. Steele's 17 tackles against the Dockers was out of this world. Just don't give the kid any kryptonite.

Stevens was such a good get.

He can win his own ball, rack up big disposal numbers or take on a tagging role with great success.

And while we are at it, a special mention to the bombers and the filth. Carlisle and Brown were both excellent gets and have given our backline some real firepower.

Jake can even sneak forward and kick a couple of goals.

We need all four of these guys to do the business when we travel to Tiger land.

It's a game we have to/must win and we must also win the game after that and the one after that and the one after that.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: An official thank you to the Dishlickers and the Giants

I think it's just testimony to how good both the Bulldogs' and Giants' lists were last year, if they could afford to let go of players of that calibre.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Sainternist wrote:I think it's just testimony to how good both the Bulldogs' and Giants' lists were last year, if they could afford to let go of players of that calibre.
They've dropped Liberatore, for not doing much
Million dollar Tom Boyd is not coping
Clay Smith (3 knee recos) is stuck in the VFL
Stringer (The Package) is getting paid a lot of money for the equivalent of sweeping the office floor and taking out the bins

Giants have far too many similar types and couldn't fit Steele in.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Giants let four former top ten draft picks and Steele go last year, as well as McKenna, who was in the twenties. Lots of injuries and still on top. Imagine when they get everyone back. We're all playing for second. As I mentioned in another thread, the only way to stop them becoming the St.George of the competition (11 consecutive flags) is to keep chipping away at their list. If every club can target at least one player per year from their list, we might eventually weaken their ridiculously advantageous position as it currently stands. They're due to do a Brisbane in the next three years.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!