MRP - Webster 2 weeks, Steven fine

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jimmy_slats
Club Player

Re: MRP - Webster 2 weeks, Steven fine

savage must come in played all over the ground and pretty much won it for us in the last few minutes at sandy was a very solid performance.
white and rice and macca very ordinary savage 2 goals, 38 disposals (26 kicks), 4 marks, 2 tackles

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

[quote="stevie"][quote="White Winmar"]Two weeks for a poke in the eye? Should've gone the "Three Stooges Defence", nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. Or Chris Judd. What did he get for deliberately gouging?[/quote]

3 votes probably.[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
longtimesaint
Club Player

I have been watching the recording of the match and if it's the incident above one minute before quarter time it is pretty soft.
Saints should challenge the Webster suspension as it is not intentional and definitely low impact.
Subin idoesn't appear to be distressed or show any anger.

One year will be our year
longtimesaint
Club Player

I have been watching the recording of the match and if it's the incident above one minute before quarter time it is pretty soft.
Saints should challenge the Webster suspension as it is not intentional and definitely low impact.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Judd got three weeks. What was Webster thinking? I watched it too. It was vicious, unnecessary, undisciplined and could cost us.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Rice in for Webster
D-Mac for Mav

SuperSaint
Club Player

I didn't see any spiteful incident involving Webster for him to get 2 weeks . That's a bad loss coming up against the Tigers.
Last edited by SuperSaint on Mon 03 Jul 2017 9:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

carn_sainter
Club Player

longtimesaint wrote:I have been watching the recording of the match and if it's the incident above one minute before quarter time it is pretty soft.
It's on the afl website. Part of the mini melee after Carlisle pushed Ballantyne.

Very poor form from Webster. He plays with real courage and toughness, but he really slipped up on that one.

The penalty of three weeks down to two is correct. Perhaps lenient to be honest.

David-Lee
Club Player

I really like Webster. He will be ashamed of his behaviour. Our goal is to be a professional football club. Our goal is to be so damn effective our guys get tagged every week and cop the chatter and niggling...Our goal is to take
It, absorb it and beat our opponents down like champions. It appears for whatever reasons Webster decides to jam his thumb TWICE into the eye of an opposition player. He acted weak but he is strong and will learn to not only resist these attempts by nigglers but eat them for breakfast and spit them out. This action doesnt define him it was simply an incident in the moment. He is a brilliant player and a developing leader . I was disappointed I am sure he is as well. But I would have punched someone so he is much more professional than I am. I also think its fair to get 2 weeks for jamming your thumb in someones eye which can cause permanent damage.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:Jeez Louise, I had no idea Jimmy was even sighted. That's a huge loss. He seems to bring a lot of balance to our backline.
No pun intended off course :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Tue 04 Jul 2017 12:41am, edited 1 time in total.

No Contract, No Contact :shock:
shrodes
SS Life Member

longtimesaint wrote:I have been watching the recording of the match and if it's the incident above one minute before quarter time it is pretty soft.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-07-03/ ... e-incident

Not soft, it's pretty unnecessary by Jimmy. Oh well, he'll cop the two weeks and hopefully learn from it.

longtimesaint
Club Player

shrodes wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-07-03/ ... e-incident

Not soft, it's pretty unnecessary by Jimmy. Oh well, he'll cop the two weeks and hopefully learn from it.
No I was looking at the wrong incident.
I still don't think it was intentional but careless with the hand near Subin's face.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Yuk, Webster - what an idiot, thank god sanity prevailed for Steven.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

So anyone know if there is any action against the guy who slammed Gilbert into the ground headfirst? I'd be surprised if Subin misses a game, but not surprised if Gilbert misses this week for concussion.

SuperSaint
Club Player

dragit wrote:Yuk, Webster - what an idiot, thank god sanity prevailed for Steven.
Well now that I saw the video I'm pretty surprised Jimmy did that. Still didn't seem that spiteful but was stupid. Deserved one week not two in my opinion.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:So anyone know if there is any action against the guy who slammed Gilbert into the ground headfirst? I'd be surprised if Subin misses a game, but not surprised if Gilbert misses this week for concussion.
He's been offered two weeks.

I think this emphasises how lucky Webster is to cop only 2 weeks.

People call a lot of things "dog acts" on here. Well, I don't care that Webster plays for us: deliberately sticking your thumb into someone's eye (twice, by the look of it) is a dog act in my book. If the club decided to de-list him, I'd back them.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
bigcarl wrote:So anyone know if there is any action against the guy who slammed Gilbert into the ground headfirst? I'd be surprised if Subin misses a game, but not surprised if Gilbert misses this week for concussion.
He's been offered two weeks.
Good. Well deserved. Thanks for that

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Jeez Louise, I had no idea Jimmy was even sighted. That's a huge loss. He seems to bring a lot of balance to our backline.
He's not blind, but apparently he was cited by the MRP!
Hahaha Good point, BS!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

dragit wrote:Yuk, Webster - what an idiot, thank god sanity prevailed for Steven.
I'm a huge Jimmy W fan. But, Jimmy out for two??? Should have given him six weeks!!! For stupidity!!!

Why would a bloke waste the energy (and suspension) on hitting Suban... when there's a Ballantyne out there??? :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

meher baba wrote: If the club decided to de-list him, I'd back them.
Care to elaborate? Why would the club delist Jimmy?

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
ace
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:Webster is a small defender...I think the coaches have realised that savage can't defend. Mckenzie will get a chance I'm almost certain! Great opportunity for him!
Maybe Bailey Rice to debut
I would like to see that.

Mav's shocker may create an opening for someone else.
Does anyone think Battle or Marshall stand a chance to replace him or would be Savage.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Sadly for Webster, due to his dumb actions he will now be labelled as an eye-gouger. Better to be known as a good footballer. If I was Richo I would tear shreds off him in front of the playing group.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Harvey To Hayes wrote:
meher baba wrote: If the club decided to de-list him, I'd back them.
Care to elaborate? Why would the club delist Jimmy?
Because I don't care how good a player he is (and I reckon he's a really good one: potential AA in a year or two), I see attacking the eyes of an opponent to be an appalling action, and presumably a symptom of a complete lack of self-discipline, total stupidity or both. Do we really want such players at our club?

I want us to completely leave behind the days of being the knockabout party club and become a ruthless, professional outfit dedicated to being one of the top 5 or 6 clubs for the next few decades. This was the vision of Butterss, GT and Waldron when they were all working well together. The club lost the plot a bit fter those days: putting everything into rolling the dice for a flag, rather than looking to the long term. Understandable, but we are paying for it now.

I would like to think that Finnis, Richo and co are now back with the program. I'm sure Webster will be given another chance, but, if he blows it, I reckon the club should look seriously at moving him on. It would send the right signal to the rest of the squad, and to the footy world in general.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saint wagga
Club Player

Watching Jimmy over the last few years, he's as aggressive and niggly as all hell and I love it! He's exactly what we need and with Jake C, having tough aggressive, borderline dirty defenders is important! All the best teams have had one or two 'nutters'! They need to be carefully managed, for sure and they need to toe a fine line...but asking them to change and lose that aggression is a lost cause!

shrodes
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Sadly for Webster, due to his dumb actions he will now be labelled as an eye-gouger. Better to be known as a good footballer. If I was Richo I would tear shreds off him in front of the playing group.
Richo has spoken to him about it and "knows his intent".

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-03/s ... -eye-gouge