A quick hello to Playon (update: Playon RIP)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: A quick hello to Playon

meher baba wrote:Good luck with the immunotherapy: as it's an experimental drug, let's hope that in the final analysis, your chances turn out to be better than 1 in 5. Best wishes.
+1000

your positive attitude will do wonders and keep you fighting the good fight

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Good luck with the immunotherapy: as it's an experimental drug, let's hope that in the final analysis, your chances turn out to be better than 1 in 5. Best wishes.
That's probably better than St Kilda's kicking.

All the best Playon.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Go the Playon!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Good luck and thinking of you

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote:
+1000

your positive attitude will do wonders and keep you fighting the good fight
+1!!!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Keep fighting mate

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Play on, playon - hope the game takes you out of yourself a bit.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Thinking of you .

SuperSaint
Club Player

Tonight's magnificent effort will help put a timely spring in Playon's step. Thanks Sainters!

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

G'day Playon.

I lost my best mate a year ago this week to the rotten scourge that inflicts you. Right to the end he kept fighting in the belief he would overcome his illness. The second last time I saw him was at my place when he came with his family to round up his sheep. The folllowing weekend, I got a message from him saying there was an Esky full of fresh lamb at his place to collect; he was feeling a bit crook and couldn't deliver it. I called in the following night, his wife said his temperature was elevated so he was still in hospital.

I had to go away for a few days. I got a message saying he'd had a setback and was in intensive care - but OK. Back at work, I called into the hospital and waited in the ICU for half an hour. His daughter, a nurse, saw me and immediately burst into tears and fell into my arms. Luckily, I got to see him one last time before he passed away the next morning. I treasure the fading twinkle in his eyes from his delight to see me and the grip of his hand on my fingers as he was leaving, despite his fading strength. A few hours later, he left us.

I paid him a visit at the cemetery yesterday. He was easy to find, fresh flowers at his headstone and the tell-tale VB stubby stood out. While I was talking in my mind with him I thought of you Playon, and you own battle, having read some of the messages posted yesterday morning. I recalled all the special little markers that gave my mate strength and hope during his worst days. Little things, like wood work projects his grandson had completed, old snapshots I had found and the memories behind them all eased his pain no matter how minor.

I drove home, loaded up the family and started the 3 hour drive to Etihad. While contemplating the importance of a win over Richmond to the Club, I kept thinking how much a massive 11 or 12 goal thumping would mean to the likes of you. Would it ease you pain Probably not. Would it cure your illness? Absolutely, no. Would it bring a smile to your face and give you a good memory? Yes and yes. And, halfway through the second quarter I said to my wife, not thinking of your situation, that a performance like the one we were witnessing was better than any drug for any ailment.

And I hope it was for you Playon. The match might have been all about Maddie Reiwoldt's Vision but I'd like to think it raised your spirits somewhat. Fight the good fight Playon.

Saint supporter since '62
Playon
Club Player

Hi everyone,

This is Playon's wife. Thanks so much for the support, advice and encouragement you all gave him during his battle with cancer. I'm sad to have to inform you that he passed away a month and 2 days ago on Saturday 16th September at the Austin hospital. Our 2 kids and I were with him during his final moments and we said our tearful goodbyes. He showed me the post he wrote telling everyone about his diagnosis and we were both blown away by the responses he received. Our faith in humanity was restored and we were even more amazed by the kindness of strangers when we found out that somebody had organised for him to visit the Saints while they trained in Seaford. His brother took him (he was wheelchair bound by that stage) and he got to meet and greet some of the players and received a guernsey signed by the whole team. It was one of the highlights of his life and he was grinning from ear to ear. It was the first time since his diagnosis that I saw him smile again. He fought incredibly hard during his battle and never gave up. Unfortunately, the cancer won.

We were together for 12 years and I just want to tell you guys that he was the love of my life, and the strongest, kindest, bravest person I have ever known who loved to laugh and was a passionate Saints supporter to the very end. His coffin was draped with Saints scarves and we even played the Saints song at the end of the memorial as his siblings wheeled his coffin out to the hearse. Our kids wore Saints scarves on the day of his funeral to honour him. He was a wonderful bloke who deserved sooo much better. He will be greatly missed by many people and my kids and I will never truly get over the loss of this wonderful man. The world will be worse off without him but we will keep cheering the Saints on for him.

Thanks once again to everybody who supported him and put a much needed smile on his face. It was priceless

mullet
Saintsational Legend

I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

I wish you and your children much love.

Thankyou for taking the time to let us know, It must be the most painful time for you.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

i dont know how to do it but a fund raiser would be great.
If someone can set it up I'll kick of the donations with $500.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Very sad to read this, but appreciate you letting us know.

Thinking of your family at this time.

R.I.P mate.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Thank you for posting. My prayers are with him.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

My condolences to you Mrs Playon. Very sorry to hear of his passing. Stay strong.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
bergsone
SS Life Member

Condolences to all R.I.P

Drake Huggins
Club Player

My sincerest condolences, Mrs. Playon. Sometimes this site shows its good side. As I have always believed, despite all the bulls*** and bluster on here, the vast majority of people are good at heart and have the right intentions. I hope you have lots of support in your grief journey. There is life after suffering and its point is sometimes to remind us of what we have, what we gained from those who are gone, and that there are many out there thinking of you and providing support. Travel well and look after those precious kids!

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Rip playon. So nice to hear you were comforted by the support of our community here. Best wishes to you and your family. May the good memories they have of you continue to brighten the rest of their days.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Mrs Playon,

I am saddened to learn of B's passing and my condolences to you and your kids.

I am glad that the training visit made such a difference for him and he was certainly excited by it in the messages we exchanged at the time. It sounded like a grand day for a true Saint.

A big thank you to to Nicole from the club who went above and beyond in arranging the day. If you would like to drop her a note just PM your details and I will pass on her contact details to you.

Regards

sRr

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Im so sorry to read of the loss of your husband.

I dont know what else to say, Im devastated for you and your children.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
thefatdork
Club Player

My sincere and deep condolences to you and the kids - life is so very unfair at times.
I always appreciated his comments on this site and he clearly loved the Saints - He will forever be part of the Saints family.
Take care and all the best to you and the children.
TFD

Drake Huggins
Club Player

Puts it all into perspective, doesn't it? Especially spats on an internet forum about a footy club.

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I told you once."
"No, you didn't."
"Yes, I did."
"Listen, an argument isn't just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says, it's a series of statements designed to support a particular conclusion."
"No, it isn't."
"Oh, I've had enough of this."
"No you haven't"
"Oh shut up."
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Condolences to Mrs Playon and her family. I couldn't respond earlier; too hard to find the right words earlier. As sad as it is I am pleased you were all there with him during his last days.

Saint supporter since '62
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Deepest condolences to you and the family... so sad to hear and thank you for letting us know. He will be missed terribly.

Hoping for the best for you and kids during this difficult time.