The draw...and footy tipping

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The draw...and footy tipping

Hiya gang! Just a query from the old Jiggster regarding drawn games and the effect they may or may not have on footy tipping. For my sins, I'm the one running our family tipping comp, and have been dreading the drawn game. In my humble opinion, as it's a competition to pick WINNERS, the draw should be considered void and no "correct tip" be recorded by anyone. However, I've also been told that another school of thought is that EVERYONE should be given the "correct tip" :? I've made a (provisional) decision to declare the game "void", but would appreciate the thoughts of others on the issue

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: The draw...and footy tipping

It makes no difference - call it a wash - either everyone get a point or no-one gets a point - I prefer no-one gets a point - unless you tipped the draw in which case you get 5 points.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for that Sainter_Dad; my feelings exactly! Unless you tip the draw, no points! I'm feeling a wee bit more confident about it now.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Rosco
Club Player

unless you have a bonus point for tipping all games correctly, then it should be moot. my tipping comp gives a point fwiw.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I've always wondered why the odds for a draw are the same for each game regardless of where the teams are on the ladder