Two first rounders & I'm nervous

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SuperSaint
Club Player

Re: Two first rounders & I'm nervous

suss wrote:I was 16 at the time and sitting right behind Lockett when he took that hanger. Don't know who was more worse for wear, Lockett or the ground beneath him.

I remember it behind one occasion where we were favourites to win a final and completely stunk it up.

And then I had to get the bus home. Worst bus ride ever.
The train trip back home from the 1997 GF vs Crows was the worst for me. Trying to console this lovely elderly lady from crying for most of the trip back, saying that she will never see another Saints GF win in her lifetime was the most upsetting and painful ride home I have ever had. Worse than 2009.
Last edited by SuperSaint on Sun 02 Jul 2017 11:51am, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:
suss wrote:I was 16 at the time and sitting right behind Lockett when he took that hanger. Don't know who was more worse for wear, Lockett or the ground beneath him.

I remember it behind one occasion where we were favourites to win a final and completely stunk it up.

And then I had to get the bus home. Worst bus ride ever.
The train trip back home from the 1997 GF vs Crows was the worst for me. Trying to console this lovely elderly lady from crying for most of the trip back, saying that she will never see a Saints GF win in her lifetime was the most upsetting and painful ride home I have ever had. Worse than 2009.
Had she forgotten about 66?

SuperSaint
Club Player

She was saying another GF win. I should correct Con, good pick up in the way I wrote the post. Still, just goes to show how a 31 years gap can make a supporter in their 80's feel knowing they are at the twilight of their life.