Finally a Sliding Door segement i agree with!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

Finally a Sliding Door segement i agree with!!

I've been Hating the Purple Warrior's take on our season so far...I generally like the sliding doors for a bit of a laugh on a friday morning, but this year Barrett's digs at us have not been cool!!

But this week, his take that if we are to make anything happen in Season 2017...we have to leave Subiaco on Sunday evening with the 4 points and I agree with him. The Dockers are beatable, we are coming off two scrappy wins, but wins nonetheless, 7 day break, good injury list on the whole, all to play for, a chance to really cement our top 8 spot, an interstate game thats not Tassie...if we aren't jumping out of our skin and ready to go to war come sunday arvo, then the coaches and playing group don't have the mental edge this season.

If we come out and blitz them, then we can really be up and about...only time will tell.

Ps: no changes at selection table for mine. I'd have liked to see Hickey come in, but he has to do more. He can still have an impact on season 2017. Not to death ride Billy, but i hope we get the win and he is...well...billy...but Hickey has a big game and launches into the last 2 months of the season.. i think he's the only ruckmen on our list who can currently really drive us to do something big in 2017 if he can recapture his 2016 best...fwiw

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Finally a Sliding Door segement i agree with!!

Saint wagga wrote:I've been Hating the Purple Warrior's take on our season so far...I generally like the sliding doors for a bit of a laugh on a friday morning, but this year Barrett's digs at us have not been cool!!

But this week, his take that if we are to make anything happen in Season 2017...we have to leave Subiaco on Sunday evening with the 4 points and I agree with him. The Dockers are beatable, we are coming off two scrappy wins, but wins nonetheless, 7 day break, good injury list on the whole, all to play for, a chance to really cement our top 8 spot, an interstate game thats not Tassie...if we aren't jumping out of our skin and ready to go to war come sunday arvo, then the coaches and playing group don't have the mental edge this season.

If we come out and blitz them, then we can really be up and about...only time will tell.

Ps: no changes at selection table for mine. I'd have liked to see Hickey come in, but he has to do more. He can still have an impact on season 2017. Not to death ride Billy, but i hope we get the win and he is...well...billy...but Hickey has a big game and launches into the last 2 months of the season.. i think he's the only ruckmen on our list who can currently really drive us to do something big in 2017 if he can recapture his 2016 best...fwiw
death ride
please explain
(apologies to Pauline Hanson)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Saint wagga
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:I've been Hating the Purple Warrior's take on our season so far...I generally like the sliding doors for a bit of a laugh on a friday morning, but this year Barrett's digs at us have not been cool!!

death ride
please explain
(apologies to Pauline Hanson)
Hope they have a shocker...I hope Billy doesn't have a stinker, because that could impact us losing the game. I just hope he plays the way that refelects where he is at at the moment in his development, which I believe is behind Hickey's best...that being said, Hickey must convince the coaches he can reproduce close ot his best if not better than his 2016 form, because I believe if he can, he is the only ruckman on our list who can actually really influence us making something big of season 2017...may not happen...but thats what i hope for

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sandi and Fyfe are back.

Would be a miracle if we won. Massive improvement over the past 2 weeks needed to topple the Shockers in Perth who are either well overdue for a win or tanking again!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.