Rockliff...Acres

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Recruit
Club Player

Rockliff...Acres

We are into him big time...anyone thug he will come??

Also would we be happy with an Acres for Weller trade to Freo..?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rockliff...Acres

Stick with Acres. I think he is being misused to tell you the truth, consigned to the flanks when he should be in the guts.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Word on the street was Rocky wanted a move to the Saints last season and we weren't interested. I don't know if we weren't interested in a trade when we knew we could wait 12 months and get him for free, or we weren't keen at all?? He would instantly become our best mid, imagine if we could open the chequebook for him and Dusty??

I think Acres is worth more to us than on the trade table. His best is great, but need more consistency (as most young players do), I think out of most the guys on our list, trading him could really bite us if he starts dominating in the next couple of years. I'd be really disappointed if Acres was involved with a trade for Weller, or any other Freo boys were rumoured to be into (Balic, Tucker etc.)

suss
Club Player

Paying nothing for Rocky is a win for us.

Brisbane won't mind coz they'll get a priority pick in the guise of compensation - probably pick 2.

We could still get Kelly for pick 3-6 with something else, maybe our 2018 first.

Rocky and Kelly for the 2016 pick 10 and the 2018 first is the type of trading that gets up deep into September action. Very exciting if it happens.

longtimesaint
Club Player

suss wrote:Paying nothing for Rocky is a win for us.

Brisbane won't mind coz they'll get a priority pick in the guise of compensation - probably pick 2.

We could still get Kelly for pick 3-6 with something else, maybe our 2018 first.

Rocky and Kelly for the 2016 pick 10 and the 2018 first is the type of trading that gets up deep into September action. Very exciting if it happens.
Apparently 2018 is rumoured to be a super draft -I am not sure if we would want to give our next years first round pick away.

One year will be our year
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Only concern about Rocky is that we already have a surplus (albeit, not nearly as good) of his type of midfielder - Dunstan, Steele, Acres.

We have a shortage of quick, line breaking mids with classy foot skills.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Well we take our picks to the draft and get a couple of speedsters.

suss
Club Player

longtimesaint wrote:
suss wrote:Paying nothing for Rocky is a win for us.

Apparently 2018 is rumoured to be a super draft -I am not sure if we would want to give our next years first round pick away.

I've heard that but they do change the closer you get to draft day. I'd trade our 2017 first and the hawthorn pick for Kelly.

suss
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:Only concern about Rocky is that we already have a surplus (albeit, not nearly as good) of his type of midfielder - Dunstan, Steele, Acres.

We have a shortage of quick, line breaking mids with classy foot skills.

Not many of the FAs are though - not even dusty who'd cost $1.2m. Key will be Kelly or Whitfield for the outside run.

kazonte13
Club Player

Yeh Balic is homesick and hes coming back to vic ,dont think Kelly will leave yet but a GWS premiership this year will help us or norf. i feel Whitfield might be the one to target and Rockliff would just be an awesome addition but comes with baggage .

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote: We have a shortage of quick, line breaking mids with classy foot skills.
That's the issue SS, every club is looking for quick midfielders with classy footskills and they dont grow on trees.
If anyone thinks we will get Kelly for less than our first two picks this year they are dreaming.

I think Whitfield for our pick and go to the draft with the Hawks pick would be a great outcome.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Keep Acres, it'll come back to haunt us like when we traded Lynch to the Crows!!!!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Keep Acres, it'll come back to haunt us like when we traded Lynch to the Crows!!!!
He wanted to leave. Club tried to talk him out if it but he had already made up his mind.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I thought Lyon showed Tom Lynch the door?

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

borderbarry wrote:I thought Lyon showed Tom Lynch the door?
Rossie didn't have time to show Tom anything, he wouldn't have taken the time to show him the door.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
evo
Club Player

Our coach has stated that "we will use the draft as a last resort." so I don't think we will be using any high dp's

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:We are into him big time...anyone thug he will come??
I don't believe that we are in to Rockliff at all - few fans have spoken about wanting us to pick him up - that's about it

Personally I think that would be a mistake - he is not what we need and I would rather us be spending our war chest elsewhere even if he does come for free

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

At only 21 years of age, Blake has a big future in front of him. Would be mad to trade him.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Vazelos
Club Player

Media are saying both Adelaide teams are into him not us these days...

Brisbane will let him go at the end of this year and receive a compensation pick as he is not in the next premiership team for them...

It seems he will go somewhere..

I know for a fact we enquired about him for a straight swap with one of our mid fielders and it was declined by Brisbane last year...

stkmo
Club Player

Vazelos wrote:Media are saying both Adelaide teams are into him not us these days...

Brisbane will let him go at the end of this year and receive a compensation pick as he is not in the next premiership team for them...

It seems he will go somewhere..

I know for a fact we enquired about him for a straight swap with one of our mid fielders and it was declined by Brisbane last year...
Which midfielder?

Numpty

Sainternist wrote:At only 21 years of age, Blake has a big future in front of him. Would be mad to trade him.
Dropping Acres!?! :shock: That would be mad!!! The maddest thing anyone could ever do!!! Ever!!! And nobody knows madness like me. (Or like that low IQ crazy bleeding Mika Brzezinski. Or come to think of it folks, like that low IQ crazy bleeding Megyn Kelly too.) Believe me! #makingbleedingmadgrateagain.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Stick with Acres. I think he is being misused to tell you the truth, consigned to the flanks when he should be in the guts.
The main problem with Acres is his disposal, especially by foot, it's Steele like, at best.

Will the Saints ever have a quality midfield ?
The Recruit
Club Player

The assumption here is that Actes wants to stay. I never said we should trade him but if he wants to go home to Perth we need something for him.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

He should go somewhere that knows how to develop talent, not stifle it

Bring back the Lockett era
The Recruit
Club Player

jonesy wrote:He should go somewhere that knows how to develop talent, not stifle it
Not sure Freo is the place for that and they definitely don't need his type of player at west coast....