Would anyone care

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Would anyone care

The_President wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
The_President wrote:There will potentially be a massive announcement when The Footy Show returns that involves one of our own.
I hear this rumour. A Magpies connection?

Yes sir.
Interesting

The_President
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
The_President wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
The_President wrote:There will potentially be a massive announcement when The Footy Show returns that involves one of our own.
I hear this rumour. A Magpies connection?

Yes sir.
Interesting
The Magpies connection has been making a doco.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Wow

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Its obviously just as hard for homophobes, drug users, chauvinistic womanizers and compulsive gamblers to come out, as it is for homosexuals, not saying there is anything wrong with that.

But I bet they too are represented in the general populus of the AFL player ranks. I wonder which category is most popular in the changerooms.

repta
Club Player

It would be incredibly hard being the first. The biggest obstacle would be the Gay community and the media using them as the pin up boy. The player would never be remembered for their playing ability only as a gay icon.

The players wouldn't give a stuff. Majority of supporters wouldn't give a stuff.

Every time the player is mentioned out would "the openly gay Jones had 35 touches and kicked 5 goals"

I would not wish that curse on any player.

Private lives are private lives

Premium89
Club Player

repta wrote:It would be incredibly hard being the first. The biggest obstacle would be the Gay community and the media using them as the pin up boy. The player would never be remembered for their playing ability only as a gay icon.

The players wouldn't give a stuff. Majority of supporters wouldn't give a stuff.

Every time the player is mentioned out would "the openly gay Jones had 35 touches and kicked 5 goals"

I would not wish that curse on any player.

Private lives are private lives
Yep, seems like something a gay player might do after retirement, or in their twilight. Would be a good little bump in the superannuation - sell it to one of the big commercial TV networks, and blaze a trail once he's got the time and space to deal with it.

Could then be the face of pride match etc, and deal with the media attention without it affecting the footy club and teammates.