Carlisle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Re: Carlisle

Postby ausfatcat » Tue 04 Jul 2017 10:47pm

Yeah that's always the selling point when trading high draft picks would love to see a clubs pre draft order one day (esp the saints but any club would do)
User avatar
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 5872
Joined: Tue 09 Mar 2004 4:36pm

Re: Carlisle

Postby The Pinch Hitters » Sat 15 Jul 2017 3:58pm

I thought Jake again showed against the Bombers, why we were so keen to get him two years ago.

The Bombers fans gave it to him all game but he kept presenting and was one of the few Saints that could be happy with their performance. I thought this was a good write up of his night here:
Two years after a fraught trade from Essendon to St Kilda, Friday night offered Jake Carlisle his first chance to face his old team. It is fair to say that time hasn't healed old wounds, with the former Bomber prompting a hostile reaction from his old fans each time he got his hands on the ball.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/au ... d-14-july/

With his absolute best seemingly not far away is anyone still upset at the price we had to pay for him?
The Pinch Hitters
Club Player
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun 16 Apr 2017 10:34pm

Re: Carlisle

Postby The Fireman » Sat 15 Jul 2017 4:03pm

you can build a side around the likes of Jake, Ross, Roberton.
User avatar
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 6385
Joined: Mon 08 Mar 2004 11:54pm

Re: Carlisle

Postby Sainternist » Sat 15 Jul 2017 4:05pm

The Pinch Hitters wrote:The Bombers fans gave it to him all game but he kept presenting and was one of the few Saints that could be happy with their performance


Carlisle and Roberton were probably our only two decent players last night.
The Saints are looking prettay...prettay...prettay...PRETTY GOOD!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 8851
Joined: Thu 11 Mar 2004 12:57am
Location: South of Heaven

Re: Carlisle

Postby howlinwolf » Sat 15 Jul 2017 4:56pm

Those moron Bomber supporters booing him really showed their IQ.
Booing him for leaving ? After they injected him with "unknown" substances ?
Really ?
Are these morons parents ? Or is there some scheme I'm not aware of that restricts breeding due to low intellect ?
Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
User avatar
howlinwolf
Club Player
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue 27 May 2008 8:51pm
Location: Sittin' On Top Of the World

Re: Carlisle

Postby SuperSaint » Sat 15 Jul 2017 8:45pm

Sainternist wrote:
The Pinch Hitters wrote:The Bombers fans gave it to him all game but he kept presenting and was one of the few Saints that could be happy with their performance


Carlisle and Roberton were probably our only two decent players last night.



That's what I said in the match thread. Gut wrenching watching last night and if it wasn't for Carlisle and Roberton I believe it would have been a 100 point loss.
SuperSaint
Club Player
 
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri 12 Nov 2004 10:06am

Re: Carlisle

Postby mullet » Sun 16 Jul 2017 9:36am

howlinwolf wrote:Those moron Bomber supporters booing him really showed their IQ.
Booing him for leaving ? After they injected him with "unknown" substances ?
Really ?
Are these morons parents ? Or is there some scheme I'm not aware of that restricts breeding due to low intellect ?


Same ones who #standbyhirdy says a lot really
mullet
Saintsational Legend
 
Posts: 4781
Joined: Wed 04 Aug 2004 3:18pm

Previous

Return to Saintsational Fan Forum (open to all ages)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], Moods and 10 guests