Paddy Concussed

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddy Concussed

CURLY wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Just saw the incident.
Paddy just head butted the bloke in the knee.
Terrible technique.
Terrible post. He had no chance to turn his body or he would have.
So he had no idea the other guy was within the area?
He just thought he was the only player out on the field?

Not sure what you mean by 'no chance'.

The reality is he is regularly running head first into packs or players late in the contest.

I partly blame the coaches.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 26 Jun 2017 11:40pm, edited 2 times in total.

stonecold
SS Life Member

And Marto, 178cm is STILL not 6ft tall, nice try though!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
The Barometer
Club Player

BigMart wrote:BTW stoney

How are Longer and Paddy going? The two big boys you

Paddy is in the VFL - again

And Longer should be

Anyone with half a footy brain would agree with that, he has been disgusting recently, a 200cm bloke who can't take a grab, can't kick or find the footy... hmm...

Oh, Luke did have a good game on Sunday (for him)
How is a player 'disgusting'? what does that even mean?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

From that angle it sure looks like he was committed to lunging at the ball in a desperate attempt to get there first. Any other "technique" would have seen the ball taken by the opponent. I guess that then he would have been accused of squibbing it.

Was a free kick paid btw?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
David-Lee
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:
David-Lee wrote:He cant get 20 games in a row when does that sink in? I like him. I hoped he would be amazing. But I was gutted when we didnt take Petracca as mids win seasons nowadays not big body forwards.

But really who cares? It is unlikely we will see him play many more this season but 4 or 5 would be great especially if he is focussed and appears to be passionate about the game.
What freakin' clue would you have about his passion for the goddamn game?!?!

Cheap, barely disguised ad hominem disparagements are still ad hominem disparagements, no matter how much you profess to 'hoping' he'd be "amazing".

I heard some similar today, re Billy Longer. What really stood 'proud' was the ignorance of those continually screaming those disparagements, too. Just dead set dumb people, with SFA idea what they were looking at. But, hey, we're all 'supporters'. But, by crikey, didn't they love Mav. Maybe they love his 'show'?

I personally can make my assessment on Longer and Weller if you want but I do believe they were not taken at number 1 in the draft, touted as the "future" nor concussed 6 times in 22 games. I believe both a decent player and glad we have them. That said I am glad we have Paddy as what is done is done and though I wanted Petracca no one had a tarrot card that said Paddy would not be kicking 35 goals for season 3 and playing every game.

Paddy:
I believe he is committed and genuinely has a degree of passion and motivation for the game. No one can achieve a spot on an AFL roster without it. No one would get concussed and then come back for more unless he loved the game.

I do not attempt to judge the man based on his intent or motivation but on his track record.
Passion is diverse and multifaceted.
What I mean is there appears to be a lack of passion that equates to intentional agggresion in secondary competitive situations.
This may be a matter of coaching or his own ability to grow in confidence. Passion of this type is actually measured psychologically on a scientific scale. In psychology passion exhibited by players can and is measured by observation. It is not a first hand intimate knowledge of a players full scope of passion but it is proven that degrees and types of passion is scalable by observation.

But I am sure you know this and simply thought I was attacking him? I was not. His reel in watching over and over shows more often than not he evidences a mentality by behaviour that says," I lost the contest firstly therefore I lost in the second incidence" and he does not exhibit the aggresive competitiveness to attack again.

That is millifraction of what I know about the psychology and science of sport gained solely from observation thus open to revision as each observation period increases ( the more he plays the better we can guage ).

I show my degree of passion by buying a membership since 1996. I show it by attending every game possible and buying donating my hard earned money to the development of our club. I do have a right to vote and to speak about the personnel the club choses to represent our team.

You may not be able to desperately want Paddy to be awesome and still see how he is at present. Yes, I compared him to St Nick, in hindsight it was unfair as Mr R is genuinely a legend and so unique. His playing record at year 3 was advanced by a coaching strategy that said we are building our future by playing pick 1every game he is fit and showing committed supporters we are backing our selection at the draft. This would have been a significant psychological boost for the player.
Last edited by David-Lee on Wed 28 Jun 2017 1:32am, edited 1 time in total.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Sorry, its just terrible technique.
Which is baffling, as its pretty much an automatic human reaction to turn your body at the same time as you stretch your arms out to grab the ball. I mean, you just do it. baffling.

shrodes
SS Life Member

Paddy ruled out for all games this weekend
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-26/s ... d-mccartin
"He's very likely to play the week after.

"Our medical staff, our experts, are telling us he's going to be fine. There's a fair bit of testing done in that space to make sure that they're giving players and coaches really good advice, and our advice is that Paddy will be fine."

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Just saw the incident.
Paddy just head butted the bloke in the knee.
Terrible technique.
Terrible post. He had no chance to turn his body or he would have.
So he had no idea the other guy was within the area?
He just thought he was the only player out on the field?

Not sure what you mean by 'no chance'.

The reality is he is regularly running head first into packs or players late in the contest.

I partly blame the coaches.
He had to lunge he wouldnt have made the ball if he turned. It unfortunate for him he got hit sweet.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Not good for Paddy. Needs to smash it in the VFL before he gets a look in. ie needs to kick at least 3 bags to earn a spot.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
David-Lee
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:
David-Lee wrote:He cant get 20 games in a row when does that sink in? I like him. I hoped he would be amazing. But I was gutted when we didnt take Petracca as mids win seasons nowadays not big body forwards.

But really who cares? It is unlikely we will see him play many more this season but 4 or 5 would be great especially if he is focussed and appears to be passionate about the game.
What freakin' clue would you have about his passion for the goddamn game?!?!

Cheap, barely disguised ad hominem disparagements are still ad hominem disparagements, no matter how much you profess to 'hoping' he'd be "amazing".

I heard some similar today, re Billy Longer. What really stood 'proud' was the ignorance of those continually screaming those disparagements, too. Just dead set dumb people, with SFA idea what they were looking at. But, hey, we're all 'supporters'. But, by crikey, didn't they love Mav. Maybe they love his 'show'?

Appears Chris Pelchen concurs....after 21 games....https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/08/01/ ... x-insider/

repta
Club Player

Take whatever Billy Brownless says with a grain of salt. He has a strong vested interest in getting McCartin to Geelong.

Patty should be flat with footy. He has a huge expectation behind him and would feel that weight and no AFL player wants to play in the VFL. Added to that everytime he gets a run he ends up getting concussion. He would know he is possibly one decent head knock away from the end of his career. Therefore I would be shocked to hear that he wasnt 'flat'with his position.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Petracca dominating today.
Only the most one eyed Saint still thinks there is even any discussion on this topic.
The Saints stuffed it up.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Petracca dominating today.
Only the most one eyed Saint still thinks there is even any discussion on this topic.
5 disposals so far. Sounds like the only thing he is dominating is your sad imagination.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yep smashed it....... Except why was he he the third worst Demons Player today based on ranking points?

PS I would have taken Petracca too based on what I said pre-draft...but the guy is over-hyped. The reality is that 2014 was a pretty weak year for top end talent.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
longtimesaint
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Yep smashed it....... Except why was he he the third worst Demons Player today based on ranking points?

PS I would have taken Petracca too based on what I said pre-draft...but the guy is over-hyped. The reality is that 2014 was a pretty weak year for top end talent.
The most overrated player in the AFL even in a team of pretenders.
I watched the match today and Petracca was of limited value being beaten in the midfield and caught holding the ball a couple of times.

One year will be our year
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

satchmo wrote:
5 disposals so far. Sounds like the only thing he is dominating is your sad imagination.
I suppose with BigMart and CityPest leaving, folks need to find another whipping boy on the forum, hey.
Con always speaks common sense and logic.

Do try to keep up, Louis Armstrong

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
realdeal
Club Player

Any ETA for Paddy even playing VFL or has he been scratched for the season?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
satchmo wrote:
I suppose with BigMart and CityPest leaving, folks need to find another whipping boy on the forum, hey.

Back on Earth... petracca lazy in a team that was soundly beaten. But yeah, con is the whipping boy; Paddy is revelling in your love.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saint-stu
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Back on Earth... petracca lazy in a team that was soundly beaten. But yeah, con is the whipping boy; Paddy is revelling in your love.
16 disposals, 1 tackle, 0.0. I'm so disappointed we don't have him.

Paddy could still be a very good forward for us in future. In the recent Kosi interview he talked about how he had a terrible run with injuries early on. Ross Lyon "built him up" slowly and he was very good for us in that peak period.

1ac46a38
David-Lee
Club Player

At the end of the discussion...I want to be wrong. So wrong. I want Paddy to come good and be amazing. I hope a miracle an absolute impossiblilty somehow transpires and Paddy plays 10+ more prpductive healthy seasons.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
satchmo wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
satchmo wrote:

16 disposals, 1 tackle, 0.0. I'm so disappointed we don't have him.

Paddy could still be a very good forward for us in future. In the recent Kosi interview he talked about how he had a terrible run with injuries early on. Ross Lyon "built him up" slowly and he was very good for us in that peak period.
You work with what you've got, or you stamp your feet.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post