Any Recollections of a Saints Win After the Siren?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Any Recollections of a Saints Win After the Siren?

perfectionist wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Yes, it was in round 20 of 2009. His shot for goal was by no means an easy shot. He was about 50 metres out on a bit of an angle....
Only 30 metres and on a 45 degree angle. He grimaced when the siren sounded and, from that second, was never going to kick it. It went wide right. Many players at every level spend their youth dreaming of taking a shot after the siren to win the game. I guess Nick never did and he still dreads having to take a shot from the same spot.
My bad. You're right, he was inside 50m. I never saw a replay of it and have tried to erase it from my memory. Essendon supporters were at their worst after that game.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
casey scorp
Club Player

Mothers Day 1994 at the SCG - down by around 50 points in the last quarter and stormed back to win:

Lockett demolished Peter Caven's nose early in the game and then Sydney in the last quarter. Won by 1 point with a Lockett goal 22 seconds before the siren.

I was there.

Almost as good as beating them in 1998 by 101 points - I was there then too.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

saynta wrote:That game in Launceston against Freo which the cheating AFL later robbed us of.
Ah yes sirengate. Technically we should have won as its only finished once the umps say so.

Also BBB kicked a winning goal to beat the hawks.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Didn't Roo have a shot after the siren to win us a game, and missed?? Definitely at Etihad, maybe against Essendon?? In the RL days, maybe in the grand final years??

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Didn't Roo have a shot after the siren to win us a game, and missed?? Definitely at Etihad, maybe against Essendon?? In the RL days, maybe in the grand final years??
Yep. It was in 2009.

It was our first loss for the year and it would have been our 20th consecutive win.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.