Lazar Vidovic on Blight.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Lazar Vidovic on Blight.

Lazar posted this on Facebook:

"Love the saints to death .. but Malcom Blight can get f***ed ... we paid you heaps to get the saints to a new level ... you took your dirty money and run ... left us with a mill ..... $$ Andrewplymton was right ..."

haha

summertime and the living is easy ........
Vazelos
Club Player

Re: Lazar Vidovic on Blight.

Love Lazar..

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Lazar is a legend.

Can't believe Blight had the temerity to take his "unfair dismissal" beef with the club to live television four years later. What a turd!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Please someone who knows the full details tell us the full story about the time that Andrew Thompson and Harves (I think?) found Blighty sitting in a footy department room at Moorabbin all alone going through a notebook prepping for the next match or something? ...the story goes something along the lines that he was a bit caught out and they spoke for a while but eventually he left the room. They thought it was a bit odd so they decided to take a peek at the notebook he been working in - to their surprise it was completely blank, and they then realised he'd been sitting in the room for hours, alone, "prepping for the game" but in reality doing nothing at all, just killing time - that's not the best telling of what happened, I can't remember all the details but ithe real story hilarious!

Look again it's the Flash!!
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote:Please someone who knows all the details tell us about the time that Andrew Thompson and Harves (I think?) found Blighty sitting in a footy department room at Moorabbin all alone going through a notebook prepping for the next match or something? ...the story goes something along the lines that he was a bit caught out and they spoke for a while but eventually he left the room. They thought it was a bit odd so they decided to take a peek at the notebook he been working in - to their surprise it was completely blank, and they then realised he'd been sitting in the room for hours, alone, "prepping for the game" but in reality doing nothing at all, just killing time - that's not the best telling of what happened, I can't remember all the details but ithe real story hilarious!

Look again it's the Flash!!
carn_sainter
Club Player

The Linton Street Flash wrote:Please someone who knows all the details tell us about the time that Andrew Thompson and Harves (I think?) found Blighty sitting in a footy department room at Moorabbin all alone going through a notebook prepping for the next match or something? ...the story goes something along the lines that he was a bit caught out and they spoke for a while but eventually he left the room. They thought it was a bit odd so they decided to take a peek at the notebook he been working in - to their surprise it was completely blank, and they then realised he'd been sitting in the room for hours, alone, "prepping for the game" but in reality doing nothing at all, just killing time - that's not the best telling of what happened, I can't remember all the details but ithe real story hilarious!
It sounds a bit apocryphal. But fans of Seinfeld recall the episode presaging Blight's time at the saints where Kramer had an office job in which he literally did nothing. He carried a briefcase, the only things in which were packets of crackers.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Penske file?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Penske file?
George

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:Please someone who knows the full details tell us the full story about the time that Andrew Thompson and Harves (I think?) found Blighty sitting in a footy department room at Moorabbin all alone going through a notebook prepping for the next match or something? ...the story goes something along the lines that he was a bit caught out and they spoke for a while but eventually he left the room. They thought it was a bit odd so they decided to take a peek at the notebook he been working in - to their surprise it was completely blank, and they then realised he'd been sitting in the room for hours, alone, "prepping for the game" but in reality doing nothing at all, just killing time - that's not the best telling of what happened, I can't remember all the details but ithe real story hilarious!
Probably hungover

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The biggest con-trick of all time; the myth of Blight's "Super coach" credentials. Yes, yes, I KNOW! Back-to-back premierships are cited as evidence of old Blighty's mythical powers. Let's just look at his record apart from those two triumphs: at Geelong he had Ablett Snr, Brownless, Hocking, Crouch and a few other excellent players and yesterday managed to choke in THREE GFs. The 94 gf being an absolute BELTING! In comparison to Sheedy, Malthouse, Matthews, Clarkson, the guy is a lightweight.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar has some stories about the s*** Blight pulled and they're super disturbing.

Safe to say that this was the most ill-informed decision the club ever made

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

We await for WW to comment

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
spert
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:White Winmar has some stories about the s*** Blight pulled and they're super disturbing.

Safe to say that this was the most ill-informed decision the club ever made
Sadly for a club with a history of ill-informed decisions, hence only one premiership.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:Lazar posted this on Facebook:

"Love the saints to death .. but Malcom Blight can get f***ed ... we paid you heaps to get the saints to a new level ... you took your dirty money and run ... left us with a mill ..... $$ Andrewplymton was right ..."

haha

My thoughts exactly.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

magnifisaint wrote:We await for WW to comment
Perhaps The Mods could deem part of WW's suspension as suspended, so we could get some of his anecdotes?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Linton Lodger wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:We await for WW to comment
Perhaps The Mods could deem part of WW's suspension as suspended, so we could get some of his anecdotes?
he has 9 days left, according to my back of napkin maths
I don't know if he was there for Blight, he did say he spent 14 years there, not sure when it ended

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I remember Blight being quoted as saying
"I will make you guys all hate me,
but in 3 years I will get you 2 flags"

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sort of sums up all the shullbit re: Blight that emanates from media commentators. I listened to Francis Leach today with Connolly, they were all having a good old giggle about Blights time at the Saints. It's a pity none of us paid up members found very much to laugh about during that period. I'm not sure just WHO decided to go get Blight as coach, but it was a disastrous decision.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Sort of sums up all the shullbit re: Blight that emanates from media commentators. I listened to Francis Leach today with Connolly, they were all having a good old giggle about Blights time at the Saints. It's a pity none of us paid up members found very much to laugh about during that period. I'm not sure just WHO decided to go get Blight as coach, but it was a disastrous decision.
From memory, a delegation of players flew up to the Gold Coast where El Moustachio was happily retired and playing golf
Harves, Loewe, Thompson, and 5 or so others

They pleaded with him to come to Vic as he was the Messiah

There were some nasty rumours about Alves, including an allegation that he pushed Joe McLaren down some stairs, probably started by Damian Barrett's father, I imagine
<edit> just did a search on this forum, one of the now-banned posters (stinger) put this story on the board in 2007,
saying it had been mentioned earlier by somebody else. Probably so he wouldn't be blamed- the ol' deflection tactic

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

A black week for the game - two pieces of human excrement inducted into the AFL HoF.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Gershwin
Club Player

I remember hearing that after a game in Brisbane none of the coaches flew back to Melbourne to watch the reserves play the next day, staying on the Gold Coast to play golf instead. Butterss went ballistic.

summertime and the living is easy ........
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:I remember hearing that after a game in Brisbane none of the coaches flew back to Melbourne to watch the reserves play the next day, staying on the Gold Coast to play golf instead. Butterss went ballistic.
that game would have been in the middle of the Lions' 3peat, when they couldn't be beaten, so it's pretty bad
that the coaches pulled a trick that politicians do all the time...
they should watch reserves to see who is getting better and who needs work.
They're not being paid to have a holiday, they should be working

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

WellardSaint wrote:I remember Blight being quoted as saying
"I will make you guys all hate me,
but in 3 years I will get you 2 flags"
was that him talking to the crows players?

Seeya
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I always find myself fascinated by the oxymoron'ism that his appointment presented.

No doubt the worst coach in Saints history... yet one off-season that brought forward our rebuild by about 5 years

silverhalo
Club Player

This AFL Legend thing has just lost all credibility and I mean ALL credibility.