Still concerned

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Still concerned

saintspremiers wrote:Beno - please stop wasting your time on this forum and tell AFL360 they need you as an analyst so I've got something decent to watch.
Haha, I don't think I could lower myself to work with Mark Robinson.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Still concerned

Beno88 wrote:
meher baba wrote:Running out of gas is directly related to our inability to take enough of our chances in front of goal.
Spot on. Our accuracy is at 46.8%. That is now the worst in the comp. And it's not improving.

We average 26 shots at goal per game for just 12 goals. Our opposition average 24 shots for 13 goals. We are giving away nearly 9% accuracy per game.

Our most accurate effort this year was against GWS, 57.1%. Five times our opposition have kicked at over 60%. Four of those five we have lost.

We've been outscored by a total of 55 points this year. If we kicked at even 50% accuracy (which is still below league average), we'd turn that around to the tune of ten goals! We'd be in the positive.

As a result, we run out of puff before the score is on the board.

In first halves we've outscored our opposition by 18 points (1.5 pts per game).

In second halves we've been outscored by 73 points (6.1 pts per game).

A fifteen goal swing from half to half.
Our mids are part to blame- they seem to start watching the game when we get in front rather than hitting the contest hard- it was pretty obvious again against North in the last quarter..when the ball hit the deck, the North players were running full steam and our lot were running a lot slower and not near enough to the contest. Is it fitness thing, or is Richo telling them to play a different plan when we get in front???