Sinclair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint6709
Club Player

Sinclair

I think this bloke is becoming one of the blokes who has stepped it up this year...each season you always need a few guys to go to the next level and I think he is one . I don't think we have anyone better with ball in hand - composure, descision making, execution.
His passing especially into the forward 50 was spot on and his running goal - when we had missed about 6 very getable set shots in a row - just showed class....if his 21 touches start getting to 25+ regularly we will be a better side .
The added bonus seems to me is that Billings plays better with him in the team

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sinclair

Sinclair is classy and has great potential.

Next year will be a lot tougher for him though.

Like The Gresh other teams will start to study him and work out ways to nullify his play. Just a matter of him becoming stronger and learning the craft more. Staying a step ahead stuff.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair is a favourite of mine
Classy ball user both sides of his body and chooses good options
He is exactly what we need more of, just maybe a bit bigger and faster to complement

carn_sainter
Club Player

Alistair Clarkson would have loved Jack Sinclair. He would have been in all those Hawthorn premiership teams, age permitting, because he is a footballer! I love the Sam Gilberts and Jason Blakes of the world who give incredible, unfailing amounts of effort. But they are hard working athletes.

Jack Sinclair is a footballer! Smart, efficient, damaging, skillful. Absolutely should be played every week. How nice it was to see Seb Ross with poise and vision spot up Jack Sinclair who, with poise and skill, nailed a goal. We need these players. We need vision, poise and skill.

StPeter
Club Player

Sinclair has always been one of my favourites.

Oozes class! He is starting to get the ball more.

I just wish we had more with his disposal skills.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Good to see that he has stamped himself into the 22

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Going well.
Deserves a two year extension imo.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

carn_sainter wrote:Alistair Clarkson would have loved Jack Sinclair. He would have been in all those Hawthorn premiership teams, age permitting, because he is a footballer! I love the Sam Gilberts and Jason Blakes of the world who give incredible, unfailing amounts of effort. But they are hard working athletes.

Jack Sinclair is a footballer! Smart, efficient, damaging, skillful. Absolutely should be played every week. How nice it was to see Seb Ross with poise and vision spot up Jack Sinclair who, with poise and skill, nailed a goal. We need these players. We need vision, poise and skill.
Yep, got Hawthorn like composure at foot skills.
He's far better than I thought he'd be, I couldn't see it early days like many on here could.
Needs to work on his defensive side a bit more, got caught behind the play a couple of times on the Medallion side wing.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair stands out because he has what many of our players do not:

- He uses the ball well and by that I mean that he generally gets the ball to a team mate in a good position, and when he does so he disposes it to them well. ie Does not kick to a stationary team mate, but to where he is running to making it less likely that the ball can be cut off.

- He makes good decisions. He really thinks about what he doing when he disposes of the ball and just does not take the option of nearest team mate. Many is the time where you can se him go to handball to a team mate, but then you see him switch to a different option when he realises that first option will be tackled or has no where to run.

- He has poise and can dodge tackles (which several others have too)

Sinclair is not even at 50 games yet. He has played only 34 games.

At AFL level it is only this year that he has been playing asa mid. At VFL level he started playing asa mid only last season.

With Sinclair he will only get better.

This is his third year at the club and for example he is tracking in front of Ross. Sinclair used to play more of a individual game, and could go missing and not contribute enough when the opposition had the ball. But he has now really ramped up on the team things, runs both ways and pressures and tackles more. He was re-shaped in the VFL last season. And when you think about it, he did not have the same player development that most of draftees had due to his cricket focus. so he had more to learn when compared to other kids that we have recruited.

I have long been a fan of Sinclair as he just radiates class. He is now finding more of the ball more, is more rounded as a player and so is showing that class more. I am confident that he will over time continue to build his numbers.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I'd probably offer him 3 x 270k.
Or
260 2018
280 2019
300 2020

loris
Saintsational Legend

#35 on his back, that's enough to make any player worth his salt work hard at his game.

I think we have a real treasure in Sinclair. He obviously worked hard on the defensive side of his game during his long stint at Sandi last year, and sure worked on his endurance over the pre-season. Wasn't he in the top 3 or 4 in some of the time trials?

The lad's obviously coachable, takes criticism onboard, has a strong work ethic, so combine those traits with his natural skills I'm sure he'll deliver the goods for years with the Saints.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Excellent points Loris! +100000000

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
shrodes
SS Life Member

I am really pleased ( :D ) with his step up this year, always liked him but he is much better utilised on the wing than in a forward pocket. He has that composure under pressure that half our team could learn from, and rarely puts a teammate in strife with his disposal.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I hope they look for him more in games because he is one of the genuinely good kicks we have in the team. I always feel like something good is going to heppen when he gets the ball in a bit of space.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
saint-stu
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:
carn_sainter wrote:Alistair Clarkson would have loved Jack Sinclair. He would have been in all those Hawthorn premiership teams, age permitting, because he is a footballer! I love the Sam Gilberts and Jason Blakes of the world who give incredible, unfailing amounts of effort. But they are hard working athletes.

Yep, got Hawthorn like composure at foot skills.
He's far better than I thought he'd be, I couldn't see it early days like many on here could.
Needs to work on his defensive side a bit more, got caught behind the play a couple of times on the Medallion side wing.
Jack Billings has shown that the defensive side can be learned (8 tackles this week!). Perhaps more about attitude, fitness and hard work.

1ac46a38
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I'm actually starting to get worried about SIncs...
-he's signed till end of this year;
-we need to delist/trade a handful of players;
-do the coaches think we have several of his type of player?

Are they exposing him to other clubs as a sales pitch
with a view to trading him?
He's had a lot of time invested in his development,
it would be a real shame to lose his class and composure.

Stranger things have happened.
We could identify a target, say Dusty, and that club says "we'll take Sincs and a draft pick"
Clubs will play hard ball, and footy is a ruthless business.
I hope we sign him for another 2-3 years

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:I'm actually starting to get worried about SIncs...

We could identify a target, say Dusty, and that club says "we'll take Sincs and a draft pick"
I prefer Sincs to Dunstan but we signed up Dunstan until 2019 because the coach over rated Dunstan at that point in time.
Best case scenario is we get a 2nd rounder for Dunstan from the Crows or Power.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Con Gorozidis wrote:

I prefer Sincs to Dunstan but we signed up Dunstan until 2019 because the coach over rated Dunstan at that point in time.
Best case scenario is we get a 2nd rounder for Dunstan from the Crows or Power.
Agreed,
Dunstan's signing smacks of favouritism and very poor choice.
Really bad decision because they now paint themselves into a corner
of having to delist a more valuable player.
Do they delist Sincs and use our first round pick on him?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
yallingup saints
Club Player

This bloke is Robert Harvey Mark II. As good a talent as any of the kiddies at the club.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Agreed,
Dunstan's signing smacks of favouritism and very poor choice.
Really bad decision because they now paint themselves into a corner
of having to delist a more valuable player.
Do they delist Sincs and use our first round pick on him?
Delist Sinclair?

You guys are stark raving, babbling, mad.

Do you really, really think that the club would delist Sinclair after the form he has shown since coming back in?

Secondly apart from his form, he is also best mates with Billings. So even if line ball I doubt the club would delist. And currently he is not line ball, he is 22, has played only 34 games and his trend is upwards.

He screamed of being something special when he first came in. But basically had not had the grounding in how to play when the opposition had the ball, He gained that education last year in the VFL and so it is onwards and upwards from here.

PS: In terms of delisting we only have to get rid of three. Dempster has already retired. Holmes will be another, and so they only need to delist one more, though it may be more than that of course. But Sinclair will not be one of them.

I would suspect that one of Hickey or Longer will be shopped around.

Pierce to be delisted and rookied due to his contract. If another club picks him up, then that takes care of that.

Savage will be on thin ice. It probaly should be Wright instead as his AFL level numbers are simply not good enough.

Joey's fate might be determined by who and what type of players they trade /draft in.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintbob
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:Sinclair stands out because he has what many of our players do not:

- He uses the ball well and by that I mean that he generally gets the ball to a team mate in a good position, and when he does so he disposes it to them well. ie Does not kick to a stationary team mate, but to where he is running to making it less likely that the ball can be cut off.

- He makes good decisions. He really thinks about what he doing when he disposes of the ball and just does not take the option of nearest team mate. Many is the time where you can se him go to handball to a team mate, but then you see him switch to a different option when he realises that first option will be tackled or has no where to run.

- He has poise and can dodge tackles (which several others have too)

Sinclair is not even at 50 games yet. He has played only 34 games.

At AFL level it is only this year that he has been playing asa mid. At VFL level he started playing asa mid only last season.

With Sinclair he will only get better.

This is his third year at the club and for example he is tracking in front of Ross. Sinclair used to play more of a individual game, and could go missing and not contribute enough when the opposition had the ball. But he has now really ramped up on the team things, runs both ways and pressures and tackles more. He was re-shaped in the VFL last season. And when you think about it, he did not have the same player development that most of draftees had due to his cricket focus. so he had more to learn when compared to other kids that we have recruited.

I have long been a fan of Sinclair as he just radiates class. He is now finding more of the ball more, is more rounded as a player and so is showing that class more. I am confident that he will over time continue to build his numbers.

+1

SuperDuper
Club Player

Playing very well this year as a 22 year old.

Has worked very hard from all reports... came back to pre season in great shape and was one of the leaders of endurance running during the pre season

Most players, as an average, continue to improve signifcantly until 23 and then start to level off
So he may well step up again next year to a new level, and I recon he will if he keeps working hard

One more level up and he is in the gun category, maybe not elite but very good, because he is already going well

Tracking as well as Seb Ross as far as devlopment at same age...
Could really be a very good player by 2018

stkfc1
Club Player

Unless we get a Hail Mary offer/trade for him will never happen. Id almost have him in the untouchable category as he's exactly what we lack the most (skill and polish). There would be a dozen other players you would trade before Sincs. Minch Dunstan and Longer top of that list for mine. Sincs is the type of player you want on the list when you add the cream as he will only benefit.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I'd probably offer him 3 x 270k.
Or
260 2018
280 2019
300 2020
What if someone team offers him 500k? Do we match it??

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
longtimesaint
Club Player

Let's hope the club is working on extending the contracts of Billings, Roberton, Gilbert, Webster and Sinclair.
All these players have been among our best this year and presumably all only contracted for this year.

One year will be our year