Keeping the faith

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bbm
Club Player

Keeping the faith

Gutsy win and a return of some confidence. I'm glad the players and coach have the character to stick together and back each other in tough times. I think they call it resilience,

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Re: Keeping the faith

bbm wrote:Gutsy win and a return of some confidence. I'm glad the players and coach have the character to stick together and back each other in tough times. I think they call it resilience,

Always loyal
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sure beats losing. Gave away. Couple of cheapies towards the end, but the match was well and truly won.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Problem is, giving away those cheapies and not kicking goals could cost us a place in the 8.
That was a game we could have won by 10+ goals.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
bbm
Club Player

I love how the naysayers go quiet when we have a win. I think they love being miserable

bbm
Club Player

I love how the naysayers go quiet when we have a win. I think they love being miserable

suss
Club Player

bbm wrote:I love how the naysayers go quiet when we have a win. I think they love being miserable

Mate, this forum is totally different depending on whether we're losing or winning. Completely different set of posters - except for Con, who jumps from one camp into the other. :wink:

bbm
Club Player

yeah good call but id much rather be glass half full than the other.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Its a win but hard to be excited about it, when they should have won by 10 goals or more!

elizabethr
Club Player

Not a percentage build

nothing to say
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

We bank the 4 points and try to have more goal kicking practice if training services let us.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
George27
Club Player

Just walked in the front door. Really enjoyed the night. Shame about the last quarter, but very happy overall. Sets up the weekend nicely ! Also no Sandy game, so no need to fret about injuries in the twos .

Very pleased with how Joey reacted to the criticism. He really stuck it up a few people tonight. BOG in my view, in what was a very even team performance.

well done, lads !

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

George27 wrote:Just walked in the front door. Really enjoyed the night. Shame about the last quarter, but very happy overall. Sets up the weekend nicely ! Also no Sandy game, so no need to fret about injuries in the twos .

Very pleased with how Joey reacted to the criticism. He really stuck it up a few people tonight. BOG in my view, in what was a very even team performance.

well done, lads !
Joey did one spoil that he normally wouldn't get, taking a leaf out of Gilbo or Gears' playbook.
Near boundary line. He got up high and connected without infringing.
Used his fist together with his brain,
not normal for him.
Well done to the marshmallow, I say

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote:Problem is, giving away those cheapies and not kicking goals could cost us a place in the 8.
That was a game we could have won by 10+ goals.
Yes, we need to find a way to go the jugular when we have a side on the ropes. Nothing beats consistent scoreboard pressure. Got to get better at nailing gettable shots. So often it is the difference between winnng and losing, particularly early.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
bbm wrote:I love how the naysayers go quiet when we have a win. I think they love being miserable

Mate, this forum is totally different depending on whether we're losing or winning. Completely different set of posters - except for Con, who jumps from one camp into the other. :wink:
I am fairly certain I am a lunatic.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Blah blah blah blah ..... we should have by 10 goals ...... blah blah blah blah

Some supporters are never satisfied

Good 4pts with no injuries - will hopefully build some confidence - Gold Coast next week at Etihad should have us banking another 4 and we have a few winnable games after that as well :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Blah blah blah blah ..... we should have by 10 goals ...... blah blah blah blah

Good 4pts with no injuries - will hopefully build some confidence - Gold Coast next week at Etihad should have us banking another 4 and we have a few winnable games after that as well :twisted:
Spot on!
As long as we keep slamming the easy beats and lower ladder dwellers on OUR Etihad dung heap we are a class side yeah ? :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
longtimesaint
Club Player

It's about time we all accept that we are not a top four side yet and we are still building.
We need another two or three class /elite players to really challenge.

One year will be our year
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Still beats losing.

A win and a reality check at the same time.

Well that's the way I'm looking at it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Blah blah blah blah ..... we should have by 10 goals ...... blah blah blah blah

Spot on!
As long as we keep slamming the easy beats and lower ladder dwellers on OUR Etihad dung heap we are a class side yeah ? :roll:
I know what you are saying but North ain't easy beats, Teflon.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Not the prettiest of wins in the end, but I'll take the four points! Is that a wee glimpse of blue sky I can see, peeping through those grey clouds? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Joey did one spoil that he normally wouldn't get, taking a leaf out of Gilbo or Gears' playbook.
Near boundary line. He got up high and connected without infringing.
Used his fist together with his brain,
not normal for him.
Well done to the marshmallow, I say
He did that well, and his kicking out of the backline got us out of trouble on umpteen occasions last night.

But unfortunately he looks so slow nowadays. Opponents can run around him with ease: he just waves his arm vaguely in their direction and then gives up. He's still worthy of a spot in the side, but he's going to give away a few goals, which is a problem given that we seem to have so much trouble scoring them.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Not the prettiest of wins in the end, but I'll take the four points! Is that a wee glimpse of blue sky I can see, peeping through those grey clouds? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
+1
Ugly win that can get us back on track.
Good to see Billings and Bruce playing well together.

Last few weeks just demonstrates what we need to do at trade/ draft time.

Nee!
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

When we miss the 8 because of %, get back to me. We had the opportunity to smash this team and didn't take it. Good sides do that, they bury teams when they have the chance and we missed the opportunity.
No I won't be satisfied until a St.Kilda captain is holding the premiership cup aloft after the Grand Final. I've been to all those Grand Finals we lost or drew and I am sick of watching other teams, especially ones that didn't even exist when I started following St.Kilda win premierships while we watch from the sidelines.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Bruce G McAbee"][quote="Devilhead"]Blah blah blah blah ..... we should have by 10 goals ...... blah blah blah blah

Good 4pts with no injuries - will hopefully build some confidence - Gold Coast next week at Etihad should have us banking another 4 and we have a few winnable games after that as well :twisted:[/quote]
When we miss the 8 because of %, get back to me. We had the opportunity to smash this team and didn't take it. Good sides do that, they bury teams when they have the chance and we missed the opportunity.
No I won't be satisfied until a St.Kilda captain is holding the premiership cup aloft after the Grand Final. I've been to all those Grand Finals we lost or drew and I am sick of watching other teams, especially ones that didn't even exist when I started following St.Kilda win premierships while we watch from the sidelines.[/quote]

Stiil in rebuild mode. Patience and support are needed. Faith will be rewarded. Have I left anything out? Platitudes? could be seen as such by some....I agree to disagree with them. Reality is that its ALL we can do, as supporters.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)