Saints "supporters"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yipper
SS Life Member

Saints "supporters"

Really we have the worst in the AFL. The crap I have read in here lately is just astonishing. Little wonder all the old posters no longer frequent this site. Even attacking our insiders ITK types for merely posting info for you to read. How dare they!!! No wonder players are warned off social media - imagine if Paddy actually came on here and read this dribble. Seriously Essendon take drugs and deliberately cheat - yet they have supporters clamouring to join WTF??.
But saints fans just get stuck into their own team like freaking morons. Why? Cos we lose a few games!! Little wonder we get ridiculed by the media, rheemed by umpires - hell why not? Our own fans turn on us.
End of rant. That is why I don't post much on here. My son and I can't stand reading crap like this all the time. Some of our players would just go completely starkers if they knew what was written about them on here. Unbelievable.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints "supporters"

you are so right

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Seems the forum is now divided into two different types of supporters.

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

No. We are pissed off. I've supported the club for 48 years. Been a paid up member for 27. Worked for it for 14. Essendon has 16 flags. That's why their supporters keep signing up. We have one in 143 years. That's why our supporters criticise the club, as every one else in the competition does. I hate to break it to you, but we are now considered the biggest joke in the competition, after the Bulldogs won their second flag. We are last on the list of Victorian clubs, for flags, members, corporate sponsors, media respect, respect from other clubs and football fans in general. Last. I don't want to be last anymore.

There's a reason we are. s*** administration over a number of decades, satisfied with mediocrity. As my old Boss, Yabby Jeans used to say, "premierships aren't won by clubs with s*** administration, sonny. And by God we've had our share of terrible administration." I'll stick with the yabbster, rather than self appointed itks and sheep who buy the party line.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:No. We are pissed off. I've supported the club for 48 years. Been a paid up member for 27. Worked for it for 14. Essendon has 16 flags. That's why their supporters keep signing up. We have one in 143 years. That's why our supporters criticise the club, as every one else in the competition does. I hate to break it to you, but we are now considered the biggest joke in the competition, after the Bulldogs won their second flag. We are last on the list of Victorian clubs, for flags, members, corporate sponsors, media respect, respect from other clubs and football fans in general. Last. I don't want to be last anymore.

There's a reason we are. s*** administration over a number of decades, satisfied with mediocrity. As my old Boss, Yabby Jeans used to say, "premierships aren't won by clubs with s*** administration, sonny. And by God we've had our share of terrible administration." I'll stick with the yabbster, rather than self appointed itks and sheep who buy the party line.
Seems like you (and your friends??) have given up ?

If so?

Why the hell are you still wasting your time posting here?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
yipper
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:No. We are pissed off. I've supported the club for 48 years. Been a paid up member for 27. Worked for it for 14. Essendon has 16 flags. That's why their supporters keep signing up. We have one in 143 years. That's why our supporters criticise the club, as every one else in the competition does. I hate to break it to you, but we are now considered the biggest joke in the competition, after the Bulldogs won their second flag. We are last on the list of Victorian clubs, for flags, members, corporate sponsors, media respect, respect from other clubs and football fans in general. Last. I don't want to be last anymore.

Yeah yeah cry me a river. Go and find something else to do then. Support Essendon then and enjoy their 16 premierships full of integrity. I knew yabby as well - he gave up everything for his footy club - why? Cos he loved this football club. Ditto Trevor Barker and Barry Breen and Cowboy. All of them. From where I am sitting we are a good stable club making the right decisions long term. You can do what you want but spare me all this dribble. Laughing stock huh?? Your media mates tell you that?

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
realdeal
Club Player

For what it's worth, I think both sides of the argument have some strong points..

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Really we have the worst in the AFL. The crap I have read in here lately is just astonishing. Little wonder all the old posters no longer frequent this site. Even attacking our insiders ITK types for merely posting info for you to read. How dare they!!! No wonder players are warned off social media - imagine if Paddy actually came on here and read this dribble. Seriously Essendon take drugs and deliberately cheat - yet they have supporters clamouring to join WTF??.
But saints fans just get stuck into their own team like freaking morons. Why? Cos we lose a few games!! Little wonder we get ridiculed by the media, rheemed by umpires - hell why not? Our own fans turn on us.
End of rant. That is why I don't post much on here. My son and I can't stand reading crap like this all the time. Some of our players would just go completely starkers if they knew what was written about them on here. Unbelievable.

I get sick of reading snowflake rubbish like this. Woe is me. If you can't take it, don't read it. Simple. Off you go, don't let the door hit you on the way out! You don't think other clubs' supporters don't criticise their players? Pop over to the dopers', filth's and Carlscum forums. Make ours look like a Sunday school.

Players are vastly rewarded for their efforts. Way over the odds. They know what they are getting into. They go on social media voluntarily and lap up the adulation. I hardly think most of what is posted on here is abusive. Yes, there is criticism, but no more than politicians, police, judges, celebrities etc. get. In fact footballers get off lightly by comparison. If you take the big bucks, there should be some accountability.

Are you suggesting we praise everything they do, regardless of what it is? If you do, you are delusional. As for your son's experience, if you think the material on here is inappropriate, there is a very simple solution. For both of you. Talk about the snowflake generation! Offended and outraged by everything. I've got some news for you. Nobody cares. Honestly, this forum is well monitored by the mods, who don't let much get through. If you can't handle what's on here, I suggest you retreat to your safe space and hug your rainbow shitting unicorn. :roll: :roll: :roll:

yipper
SS Life Member

Lol hilarious stuff

Obviously you need to find another pastime - following a footy team seems to get to you. Believe what you want mate. Don't give a rats - just confirmed we have really crap supporters at our club. The worst. Reckon your old boss may have told "you to pull your head in laddy".

Have a nice evening. I am going back to watch the footy.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:For what it's worth, I think both sides of the argument have some strong points..
Exactly.

And that's why I relieved that Roo is back. He's our safety not.

And why I'm relieved Paddy is out - so we don't have to will him on to hold that mark kick that goal etc and defend him after an average game.

Our current admin is excellent but clearly not perfect. Something is NQR. Shame both WW and yipper have the blinkers on.
Thing

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

White Winmar wrote:
yipper wrote:Really we have the worst in the AFL. The crap I have read in here lately is just astonishing. Little wonder all the old posters no longer frequent this site. Even attacking our insiders ITK types for merely posting info for you to read. How dare they!!! No wonder players are warned off social media - imagine if Paddy actually came on here and read this dribble. Seriously Essendon take drugs and deliberately cheat - yet they have supporters clamouring to join WTF??.

I get sick of reading snowflake rubbish like this. Woe is me. If you can't take it, don't read it. Simple. Off you go, don't let the door hit you on the way out! You don't think other clubs' supporters don't criticise their players? Pop over to the dopers', filth's and Carlscum forums. Make ours look like a Sunday school.

Players are vastly rewarded for their efforts. Way over the odds. They know what they are getting into. They go on social media voluntarily and lap up the adulation. I hardly think most of what is posted on here is abusive. Yes, there is criticism, but no more than politicians, police, judges, celebrities etc. get. In fact footballers get off lightly by comparison. If you take the big bucks, there should be some accountability.

Are you suggesting we praise everything they do, regardless of what it is? If you do, you are delusional. As for your son's experience, if you think the material on here is inappropriate, there is a very simple solution. For both of you. Talk about the snowflake generation! Offended and outraged by everything. I've got some news for you. Nobody cares. Honestly, this forum is well monitored by the mods, who don't let much get through. If you can't handle what's on here, I suggest you retreat to your safe space and hug your rainbow shitting unicorn. :roll: :roll: :roll:
A big "Amen Brother" !
I'm in your boat!

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Lol hilarious stuff

Obviously you need to find another pastime - following a footy team seems to get to you. Believe what you want mate. Don't give a rats - just confirmed we have really crap supporters at our club. The worst. Reckon your old boss may have told "you to pull your head in laddy".

Have a nice evening. I am going back to watch the footy.
I think my old boss would've torn you a new one. Seemed to be quite fond of me FWIW. Spineless little whingers are definitely not the sort of supporters we want. Never have been part of us. I'm certainly not your mate and going on the rubbish you post here, I doubt I could be. I knew Yabb, you didn't, and I can assure you he would've told you, "grow a spine, little boy" his pet name for those he didn't rate, especially cowards.

<warning for belittling>

saynta
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:. If you can't handle what's on here, I suggest you retreat to your safe space and hug your rainbow shitting unicorn. :roll: :roll: :roll:

:) You have a way with words WW.

Best laugh I have had in a month.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:

Do you actually know any players who have told you they go on social media to 'lap up the adulation'? Or are you just speculating as you do with every wild claim you make?

Footballers earn their money because they devote every aspect of their lives to their career. Everything they eat, everything they do in their off time, every mistake they make from when they are 18 onwards is publicsly sceutinised.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:I think my old boss would've torn you a new one. Seemed to be quite fond of me FWIW. Spineless little whingers are definitely not the sort of supporters we want. Never have been part of us. I'm certainly not your mate and going on the rubbish you post here, I doubt I could be. I knew Yabb, you didn't, and I can assure you he would've told you, "grow a spine, little boy" his pet name for those he didn't rate, especially cowards
What you're doing isn't whinging though, is it tough guy

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Strength through loyalty .

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Honestly, does anyone think the club and players take what's written in here seriously? I know a couple of the
Players and a handful of staff, past and present. They generally don't come on here and when they do they generally get a laugh, even out of the criticism. Do you know why? Because nothing that is posted on here has the slightest effect on the club and how it operates. I know most forumites get this, but a few of our perpetually outraged brethren believe that what we write on here matters.

Sorry to play the Grinch, but nobody gives a fat rat's toss bag about what is posted here, apart from us ourselves. Not itks, not players or club staff. It mainly amuses them when things drift into the critical. They just ignore it. Even Jaxon's bowed out when things warmed up. Why? He doesn't really care and wants to stay tidy. Even if he's not an itk, that's a classy approach. Some players have taken offence at a few posts on here, but in the end, it's water off a very slick duck's back. So chill a bit. It's no big deal. This forum is meant to be fun, entertaining and a bit of an oasis from our serious lives.

I love it and cherish it. Love a bit of banter. Don't mind the odd attack. Some would say I miss the cut and thrust of the witness box in the Supreme Court. Could be a bit of truth in that. In the end, I love the contribution this humble little forum makes to my life. I'd be poorer without all of you, friend or foe.*

*my son finds this place endlessly fascinating, entertaining and hilarious. He's a good lad.

longtimesaint
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:Honestly, does anyone think the club and players take what's written in here seriously? I know a couple of the
Players and a handful of staff, past and present. They generally don't come on here and when they do they generally get a laugh, even out of the criticism. Do you know why? Because nothing that is posted on here has the slightest effect on the club and how it operates. I know most forumites get this, but a few of our perpetually outraged brethren believe that what we write on here matters.

Sorry to play the Grinch, but nobody gives a fat rat's toss bag about what is posted here, apart from us ourselves. Not itks, not players or club staff. It mainly amuses them when things drift into the critical. They just ignore it. Even Jaxon's bowed out when things warmed up. Why? He doesn't really care and wants to stay tidy. Even if he's not an itk, that's a classy approach. Some players have taken offence at a few posts on here, but in the end, it's water off a very slick duck's back. So chill a bit. It's no big deal. This forum is meant to be fun, entertaining and a bit of an oasis from our serious lives.

I love it and cherish it. Love a bit of banter. Don't mind the odd attack. Some would say I miss the cut and thrust of the witness box in the Supreme Court. Could be a bit of truth in that. In the end, I love the contribution this humble little forum makes to my life. I'd be poorer without all of you, friend or foe.*

*my son finds this place endlessly fascinating, entertaining and hilarious. He's a good lad.
I'm hoping that all you whinging so called "supporters" who have bagged the club continually on this forum don't want back on the bandwagon when we turn things around.

One year will be our year
stonecold
SS Life Member

Post of the history in this forum!!!!!

Sick of the KeyBoard Cowboys as well, man up and put your Cred's up, but either get on and stay or shut the * Up, cause us True Saints are sick of the Bull*!!!!!

(EDITED BY MOD)

It's ok to vent after a loss, but if you carnt get it out and move on, the Saints don't need you, so, suck it up or move the * on!!!!!

(Multiple edits by Mod)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:Honestly, does anyone think the club and players take what's written in here seriously? I know a couple of the

The drugs and alcohol are wearing off.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Proph3t of egan wrote:

White Winmar wrote:I think my old boss would've torn you a new one. Seemed to be quite fond of me FWIW. Spineless little whingers are definitely not the sort of supporters we want. Never have been part of us. I'm certainly not your mate and going on the rubbish you post here, I doubt I could be. I knew Yabb, you didn't, and I can assure you he would've told you, "grow a spine, little boy" his pet name for those he didn't rate, especially cowards
What you're doing isn't whinging though, is it tough guy
From a keyboard warrior. Hilarious. Not whinging at all. But you are safe in your anonymous space. No danger that any one will come after you. I've been threatened by the toughest, worst and meanest. Do you honestly think I'm intimidated by a <edited by mods> wonder like you? Good for you, hero. Feel better now? :roll:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, forgot to add !!!!!!!!!!!!!! That gives my argument credibility. Virtue signallers, echo chambers. Have I continually bagged the club? Find the evidence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are we not allowed to have a critical opinion about something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

stonecold
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:Sorry, forgot to add !!!!!!!!!!!!!! That gives my argument credibility. Virtue signallers, echo chambers. Have I continually bagged the club? Find the evidence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are we not allowed to have a critical opinion about something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????
Are you talking to me?????

Sorry, I didn't get your PM!!!!!

I'll have another look!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Such is the nature of "social (?) media"

I guess after MY little bout of histrionics after last weeks result, I need to keep away from SS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's always difficult to be completely objective and calm in the current climate. The club have been expected to make significant upward strides this year, and thus far, it's been disappointing for all of us, to say the least. It's only natural that a forum like this one is going to reflect the strong levels of frustration and disappointment we're all experiencing. Some of those views are going to be expressed quite forcefully, such is the nature of an online forum.

After last weekend, I've learned my lesson: If the Saints get another performance like last Friday night's, stay away from SS, or at least stay away from a keyboard! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's quite interesting to hear some of the comments re: other club's supporters. I've been taking my grandson to watch another club's games this year, in addition to the Saints. You would not believe just how many times you hear the cry: "KICK IT!" Or how many times supporters turn on their own players during a game. So, don't think for one minute, that St Kilda supporters have the patent on "fickle" It's par for the course, and an ingredient of following an AFL club.

Go Saints! ( to hell with the rest!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Vazelos
Club Player

Jaxons disappeared after Dunstan starting getting dropped!!
Seems he couldnt handle the fact he went hard on the subject and was made to look a little wrong.
Sad because he was contributing in the ITK space and people were enjoying it...
We dont always get it right and who is to say Dunstan doesnt turn it around and make a 200 game career?
Its happened before even though I dont see it at present.
The game changes very quickly... we may have been over rated, we are not performing well at the moment and I am sure the coaches have learnt more in the last 3 weeks than they have the first 3 months....