Saints "supporters"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints "supporters"

Vazelos; careful mate, you could be "infecting" this thread with some commonsense ("The game changes very quickly... we may have been over rated, we are not performing well at the moment and I am sure the coaches have learnt more in the last three weeks than they have in the first three months.....") How true that is.

I've been comparing this season to the 2003 (breakout) season.

I can remember us winning three straight! WOW! Geelong-Bulldogs-Carlton and thinking ahead to getting finals tickets! THEN.... we got hit by Fremantle over in Perth, followed by an 80 odd point thumping by Collingwood at home.

GT sacked Capuano and Lawrence, and all sorts of schitt hit the fan in the media...remember Malthouse's disgraceful outburst about " suicide" ? :roll: the following week we smashed Hawthorn at the MCG following this up with a fighting win against premiers Brisbane.

It was a season where we saw the old guard vacating the stage, Burkey and Frankie Peckett were gone.

At the conclusion of that season we'd won eleven games and were nobody's "easybeats".

I guess, the point I'm trying to make, is that Vazelos is right; things can change very very quickly, and that could start with TONIGHT!

Go Saints!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Jiggster please rant and rave again if we get done over again tonight. You and WW plus Stoney and Wellard and Yipper are true saints fans.

We SHOULD go over the top and ballistic after shyteful games.

And you know why??

It's because we love our club so much and it friggin hurts to see this happening.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Fair comment SP re: ranting and raving about poor performances because we're hurting. Quite frankly, my "episode" last weekend has done nothing to ease the pain, just caused me embarrassment at being called out as "soft". I'm there tonight! Ready to take whatever comes! And if the Saints don't get up..... well the Fish'n'chips and cold beer at Black Cod pre-game will have to be the highlight of the evening!

Go Black Cod! :lol: :lol: (oh yes, and GO Sainters!)

spert
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:Strength through loyalty .
We are ALL loyal Sainters, but after decades of following the Saints, buying memberships, standing in the outer at Moorabbin for years while we got flogged game after game..for all my loyalty I want something back eventually..in the form of a premiership and I am darned sick of excuses- the endless rebuilds and waiting for the magical next couple of years when the players are suddenly going to click.

It's not a one way street...start producing the goods StK!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

[quote="spert"][quote="Joe Bloggs"]Strength through loyalty .[/quote]
We are ALL loyal Sainters, but after decades of following the Saints, buying memberships, standing in the outer at Moorabbin for years while we got flogged game after game..for all my loyalty I want something back eventually..in the form of a premiership and I am darned sick of excuses- the endless rebuilds and waiting for the magical next couple of years when the players are suddenly going to click.

It's not a one way street...start producing the goods StK![/quote]

Fair comment. And I guess WE have to also play our part

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

" I am darned sick of excuses- the endless rebuilds and waiting for the magical next couple of years when the players are suddenly going to click."

As are Freo supporters, along with the current generations of Tigers supporters and Demons supporters and, until last year, Dogs supporters.

What can we do about it? I had problems with Butterss (after he was wonderful at first), Archie Fraser, Westaway, Nettlefold and some of their cronies But I reckon the current board and administrative leadership are first rate. I also rate Richo as a coach. Sure, the playing list isn't perfect: Roo will be irreplaceable when he goes, we're not sure if Paddy's truly going to make it, the rest of the forward line doesn't really cut it, we could do with a truly creative midfielder, etc.

But, bugger all that. Cmon Sainters, knock the spirit out of those annoying shinboners! Wipe the smile off Duck's smarmy face.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Excellent post! +1