Comment from Jaxons please

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Comment from Jaxons please

Just noted Jake Niall said on Fox Footy, "that the management of a number of clubs are circling Paddy, despite the saints being happy with him." The speculation continues. Do you really think the club would have confected and stage managed a doorstop interview with that slimeball Hutchy three weeks ago, if there is nothing in it? He's unhappy, my sources tell me. He's been managed, read dropped for this week.

The club can't admit its internal view that it is playing one short with him in the team. Given his inability to run and play the team game. We should cut our losses and trade him while we can. I don't like what I'm being told. It's not as though he was a speculative pick in the 50's and worth a punt. He's a number one pick for ffs! in his third season and has played fewer than half the games he's been available for. Averages a goal a game. The figures don't lie. Compare him to a contemporary of his, Jesse Hogan. Need I say more. Look at Weitering. Remember Kosi and Roo. Rising stars. He can't even get a nomination. McGrath from Essendon has played every game in his first year and is ready to move from defence to the midfield. Our man can play one position, and not very well with no impact at that. After three years!

Elshaug should be sacked on the strength of this alone, without considering his record for bringing in failed talent. His track record is starting to stink. The most unqualified man to hold such a crucial role, ever. Typical amateur hour at our club. Ross, Billings, Acres and Newnes are his only successes. The rest of his picks over his five years in the chair show about a 20% success rate. Appalling, especially as we've had early picks. Compare his record to the top clubs. A nice guy, apparently, which his only qualification. As for the other numpties he's got on board to help out, I doubt other clubs will come a poaching.

So Jaxons, another report about Paddy. Are you still in denial that something's wrong? If you are an ITK and some people on here think you are Nathan Burke, I fear for the future of our footy club, as I did when that waste of space Westaway was in charge. You're not Nathan Burke, are you? If you are, you're just insulting our intelligence by feeding us the bulls*** party line. In any event, you shouldn't be on here if you are.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Comment from Jaxons please

Have not seen such a scathing and critical post from you, WW.
Not in my memory.

I agree that the recruitment of Paddy has proven to be less than "positive"
to borrow a word from our King of Wishful Thinking.
If the club cuts its losses and trades Paddy, it won't be a loss of face,
rather it will show that they believe they can be better and can learn,
rather than being stubborn and refusing to yield.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Good post, WW. Some people say our team is the worst for fifteen years. I disagree. I think
it's the worst since the early '80s. We might have to recruit Mark Jackson. But oh wait ...
Jacko kicked 40 goals in 10 matches, which is way too productive for us.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'm so sick of them. They make Inspector Clouseau look competent. I'm even more tired of the crap they post of the official website. I've correlated it with the info of the so called itk's. They show an alarming consistency. We've gone backwards from last year. Then there's the limp response to "Sledgegate", in which we've bowed to those paragons of virtue, ethical behaviour and morality, the AFL and the Carlton Football Club. I wish they'd just grow a pair. Sue that vicious hypocrite, Wilson for slander, stand up to the AFL and tell Carlton to fix their own appalling mess before poking their curious morality at us.

longtimesaint
Club Player

This is such a rubbish post.
Thank heavens we have sane people still running the club.

One year will be our year
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:This is such a rubbish post.
Thanks for that deep and insightful analysis. We're 12th. Going beautifully. Like a busted arse. If you're happy with twelfth, good for you. I and many others are not. Sane people? Incompetent and sane at the very best. Anyway, they'll love you for pasting useless bulls*** like that. Lenin used to call people like you his, "Useless idiots."

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Good post, WW. Some people say our team is the worst for fifteen years. I disagree. I think
it's the worst since the early '80s. We might have to recruit Mark Jackson. But oh wait ...
If that's the case Richardson must be a genius to have won nearly 50 percent of games this year and even more last year!
4 weeks ago we had people on here asking if we could win the flag this year, now we have our worst team for over 30 years!

longtimesaint
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
longtimesaint wrote:This is such a rubbish post.
Thanks for that deep and insightful analysis. We're 12th. Going beautifully. Like a busted arse. If you're happy with twelfth, good for you. I and many others are not. Sane people? Incompetent and sane at the very best. Anyway, they'll love you for pasting useless bulls*** like that. Lenin used to call people like you his, "Useless idiots."
The posters like you are the useless idiots.
Every team has ups and downs and it is a very even season.
Geelong a few weeks back were "ordinary" and West Coast are the same at present.
Only idiots have a knee jerk reaction and throw the baby out with the bath water.
If we end the season on 5 wins I will understand, but anyone with any sense would see how the season goes before making radical changes.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

And only a fool accepts mediocrity as the norm, something our club has done for the majority of its 143 years of existence. Try doing something while it's not too late. Why wait until it's all over? Thank you for proving my point my useless idiot.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

If it smells like s*** it must be s***. The club of late has that stench. Not much right atm.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

To be fair though - he averages 1 goal per game whilst Membrey averages 1.4 and Bruce 1.9.

Considering McCartin has been used pretty much as a foil, he's not on his own in our forward line in terms of his form being average.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Good post, WW. Some people say our team is the worst for fifteen years. I disagree. I think
If that's the case Richardson must be a genius to have won nearly 50 percent of games this year and even more last year!
4 weeks ago we had people on here asking if we could win the flag this year, now we have our worst team for over 30 years!
Richo is going at less than 50%. 45%, but let's not let the facts interfere. That's pretty poor for a team that was widely tipped to make the finals this year, which we most definitely won't at this rate. We may well yet, but at our current rate, we won't get close. I hope we win this and every week. I want them to prove me wrong. Desperately. Like every year. Every year for the past seven, I've been let down. For every year of the 48 years of following them, they've let me down. The frustrating part is they seem to be in an endlessly perpetual cycle of failure, with a few scant exceptions. Richo, overall is going at around 35% after three and a half years. That's poor, even taking into consideration the hand he was dealt. Bolton, Buckley, Hinckley and Hardwick can all point to better records. We love mediocrity at the saints. A lack of a good culture is not our problem. It's our endless acceptance of mediocrity that is.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Troost me guys. There's trooble at mill.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Richo currently holds a 35% win record. Of all the current coaches only Fagan's record is worse but he's only coached 11 games. Even Bolton has Richo covered with 42%.

Significantly displeasing...

Myron Gaines
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
Richo is going at less than 50%. 45%, but let's not let the facts interfere. That's pretty poor for a team that was widely tipped to make the finals this year, which we most definitely won't at this rate. We may well yet, but at our current rate, we won't get close. I hope we win this and every week. I want them to prove me wrong. Desperately. Like every year. Every year for the past seven, I've been let down. For every year of the 48 years of following them, they've let me down. The frustrating part is they seem to be in an endlessly perpetual cycle of failure, with a few scant exceptions. Richo, overall is going at around 35% after three and a half years. That's poor, even taking into consideration the hand he was dealt. Bolton, Buckley, Hinckley and Hardwick can all point to better records. We love mediocrity at the saints. A lack of a good culture is not our problem. It's our endless acceptance of mediocrity that is.
Beat me to it.

carn_sainter
Club Player

White Winmar, you know as well as anyone that Jaxons will not comment about the movement or potential movement of listed saints players. This is a poor thread in my opinion. Your frustration - which all saints fans have - in a couple of paragraphs turned into more or less berating jaxons as a way to berate Elshaug by proxy. All about that which is done and dusted.

spert
Saintsational Legend

OK..Monday morning Richo is out the door. Roo takes over as playing coach

longtimesaint
Club Player

spert wrote:OK..Monday morning Richo is out the door. Roo takes over as playing coach
This sort of attitude is exactly why this club has won one premiership in 143 years.
Too often the management has been too weak to stand up to this sort of garbage.
Stability and actual support is what is needed.
Those that can't give support should go and find another team.
This sort of stuff tears clubs apart.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Dear oh dear some of us get a bit over-excited. If Paddy truly reckons he's not getting enough games in the AFL, he could try taking more marks and kicking more goals. If I believed everything I read on here, he's no good at all but other clubs are circling to take him away from us.

If some of you could forget for a few minutes that he was a number one draft pick, you would quickly see that Paddy is a developing player who hasn't stopped developing yet. Perhaps he'll end up never making it, but, given the type of player he is, you'd struggle to find anyone in the AFL world who has even half a clue who would be prepared to write him off for at least another season or so.

Also, the media reported that Paddy has had various scans and couldn't complete training. Surely that suggests an injury rather than that he is being "managed".

This all seems like a bit of an unnecessary panic to me. The truth is that we won 5 out of 8 and were looking rather good, and then came up against the two grand finalists from last year and then the team currently on top of the table, away from home. In the first one of these, the guy who IMO remains easily our best player became injured, and then he missed the next two of them. So, not unexpectedly, we lost all three.

It's not a crisis. Maybe if we lose to both the Roos and the Suns, I'll start to worry. But not yet.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

The team is the same as it was at the start of the year......a B Grade team with A Grade effort. It's just that a few players are down on form. Laying the blame on recruiting McCartin is just nonsense. If you're a realist, you would have understood 4 months ago that we were not destined for great things this year. Easy to lay the boots in now and start kicking the coach, the recruiters, etc. McCartins hasn't played many games. Same with Steele, Acres, and a couple of others. Okay, we have deficiencies. We already knew that.

takeaway
Club Player

Wow. What a waste of a thread

longtimesaint
Club Player

takeaway wrote:Wow. What a waste of a thread
I agree-no wonder Jaxsons wouldn't bother to reply.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

All this on the back of speculation from Jake Niall? F**k me!

Let me get this right, Niall is spinning a yarn that Paddy has been managed, is frustrated by lack of opportunity and other Clubs are circling.

I've no doubt a raft of Clubs desperate for a Key Forward (the toughest & most important position) are circling Paddy, just as we're circling Kelly. That would suggest that they rate Paddy. The rest is that drongo Niall trying to join dots.

As a poster has mentioned he had scans & medical attention to the knee, so does Niall believe that the StK FC is engaging in some sort of black op conspiracy to hide the truth? Why would you drop Paddy on last weeks form anyway?

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote:Wow. What a waste of a thread
A typically insightful contribution. Another wasted post like the other 40 or so you've posted in six years. Are you ever going to post something worth reading? Or are you going to keep trolling a club you despite?

yipper
SS Life Member

Excuse me for asking the obvious question?? If he is such a dud, then why are other clubs circling?? Must be pretty stupid wanting such a dud to play for them??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.