Fyfe "battling with an injury" according to Ch 7

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Fyfe "battling with an injury" according to Ch 7

Seven News in Perth is reporting on Fyfe.
Why? Because Perth is a backwards redneck country town,
filled with ignorant, narrow-minded one-track-minded slow idiotic folk (apart from those born in Melbourne :lol: :mrgreen: )

And if a Docker or Weagle has an ingrown toenail, it makes front page news.

They're saying he's got an ongoing injury problem.
Chest injury and he plays with a vest (they didn't elaborate), just said he's underdone
Our club won't chase him anyway, they went cold on JOM,
they don't want a guy with an injury

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fyfe "battling with an injury" according to Ch 7

Of course the club could be playing ducks and drakes with us.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

As soon as Fyfe got that horrible leg injury I lost all interest in getting him. Like Goose & Brown it's not worth it

Have to LOL at the Dawks getting JOM

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The "elite" midfielders are those who have the power to alter the result of a crucial game by their own actions. For the Saints, there have been just around half a dozen over the years that I have watched the Saints (from 1960): Ian Stewart, Nicky Winmar, Joel Smith, Lenny Hayes and perhaps Robert Harvey. I say perhaps with the latter because a knee injury denied him the opportunity to display in the 1997 GF. All the others "displayed" in important matches. All the others could kick both feet, handball long and take a contested mark. Personally, I don't think Nat Fyfe comes into this category, but players like Ablett (f/s), Selwood (pick 7, we had pick 9), Dangerfield (pick 10, we had pick 9)and Martin (pick 3, we could have had pick 13) do and perhaps Bontempelli (pick 4, we had pick 1) and a couple of others. So, none of these players were pick 1. We have had three very good periods of drafting or getting excellent players, and not surprisingly they produced Grand Final teams. They were 1962-1964, 1995-1997, 2000-2003. In the first of those, we had competition from 11 other teams, in the second and third from 15 other teams. Today, it is 17.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:As soon as Fyfe got that horrible leg injury I lost all interest in getting him. Like Goose & Brown it's not worth it

You could counter that with Joel Smith and Dean Rice, of course. But, a whole load of meh over Fyfe, getting too old and not really what we need...Kelly or Martin over him any day.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:As soon as Fyfe got that horrible leg injury I lost all interest in getting him. Like Goose & Brown it's not worth it

You could counter that with Joel Smith and Dean Rice, of course. But, a whole load of meh over Fyfe, getting too old and not really what we need...Kelly or Martin over him any day.
Indeed DeGruch. If you're going to pay a premium, it may as well be for a young gun who has 10-12 years ahead of him. Kelly for me. He still has improvement left in him. Scary. Martin is tempting because he's at his peak, and we don't have to trade or give anything up for him other than money. As the little girl in the taco add says, "Why not get both?"

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!