Still angry

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Still angry

Still in touch with the abovementioned man with "journalistic standing", too.

It's all about Fukushima nowadays. This is the latest communique in the series, to "him" and G. Baum, under a heading of "Fukushima: This is not a spoof".

"During the brawl for control of the big chair at the AOC, I noticed Coates sat in another big chair – he’s Chairman of the IOC’s Coordination Committee for the Tokyo Olympics. This article from Ol’ Roy Masters gives you some idea of the remit of that committee:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/olympics/if ... vm1n8.html

That was written before the AOC election had been decided. Leaving aside Masters has a long relationship with Coates, I reckon he’s pretty close where he says:

“Coates, as IOC vice president and chairman of the co-ordination committee of the 2020 Tokyo Games, is, right now, the most important world figure in Olympic sports.”

Masters uses that point to argue Australia would lose influence (read power), if Coates was to be tipped over by Roche. The remit of that committee, much of which Masters outlines, suggests Masters is right for mine.

What Masters doesn’t mention about the remit is that committee also has significant authority over where events are held. The last I’d heard or read had Abe still touting agreements to hold some Olympic events within the Fukushima Prefecture.

Thus far, we’re talking about ‘influence’, ‘authority’ and ‘power’. Don’t they all come with responsibilities, ultimately accountabilities? Doesn’t being “the most important world figure in Olympic sports” carry those same ‘burdens’ even more so?

The IOC is another of the global institutions that wields massive influence through connection to other global institutions, and to those who seek credibility and authority for their enterprises because they too are connected into the network of authoritative global institutions. Generally speaking, in the endeavours related to the health and wellbeing of the global citizenry, to define the architecture of the global governance and oversight you begin at the UN, and work outwards from there.

I have little doubt should questions be posed to the Olympic movement about the risks of holding the 2020 games in Japan, given Fukushima, the IOC would invoke the credibility and authority of other global institutions to ‘put people’s minds at rest’.

I also have little doubt, given that nature of the Fukushima ‘problem’, that 2 of the IOC’s ‘go to’ institutions’ would be the World Health Organisation and the International Atomic Energy Agency.

A woman named Alison Katz spent significant time (18 years) working at the WHO. For the last decade she has fronted the IndependentWHO - http://independentwho.org/en/

Robert Hunziker is a fan of Ms Katz - https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/05/02 ... anization/

That is one very densely detailed expose of decades of institutionalised corruption. Some might pull up short of corruption, at a level like negligence. Not me, because the hierarchy and priorities were pre-defined:

“Meanwhile, as for WHO’s mandate: It serves as the leading authority of standards for public health, coordinating research, advising member states, and formulating ionizing radioactivity health policies. However, IAEA has been usurping WHO’s mandate for the past 50 years. In fact, a 1959 Agreement (WHA 12-40) between the two says WHO needs prior approval of IAEA before taking any action or publishing material dealing with nuclear, period!

As a result of this 50-year conflict of interest, which is deeply embedded by now, Ms Katz claims WHO must, absolutely must, become independent, thus breaking the stranglehold of numero uno promoter of nuclear power over WHO, which is mandated to serve the public, not IAEA.”

Once WHA 12-40 was ‘agreed’, and the hierarchy and priorities were defined, that set the framework for the execution. For example:

“Not only that, but over the years all departments within WHO that dealt with nuclear radiation have been highly compromised. Even worse, according to Ms Katz, no senior radiation scientists work for WHO, none… nada.

What constitutes the “nuclear establishment” is a fair question; it consists of the major governments of the world like France and the U.S but led by the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP), the top dog, establishing standards for the world. Strangely enough, there are no health experts at ICRP, prompting a logical question: Why not?

There is more to be concerned about, e.g., another shocking fact regarding ICRP, as if there are not already enough shockers with the thread that runs throughout nuclear power’s closely-knit network: Even though “ionizing radiation is mutagenic and always causes mutations, causing damage at the cellular level, there are no molecular biologists working in the ICRP” (Katz). Thus, the world’s largest institution for determination of radiation standards for the public has no molecular biologists on staff. That fact is beyond belief, an eye-opener beyond all other eye-openers.

It’s almost as if the regulators don’t give a damn about the effects of radiation on the general public. Do they?”

Katz reached breaking strain over Chernobyl, and the WHO’s lack of action (e.g. as I’ve read it, it took 5 years for anyone from the WHO to even travel to anywhere proximate to Chernobyl). The article catalogues many of the WHO’s shameless failings over Chernobyl, and moves to some of the replications in Fukushima – nothing has changed!!

Many of failings over Chernobyl came to light in a wad of scientific research papers published by Russian scientists. The global institutions set about ignoring those Russian scientists, until the New York Academy of Sciences published English translations of those research papers on Chernobyl. Once they were published, the ‘machine’ set about picking away at the periphery and odd discrepancy, as a way to discredit the sum total.

One of those Russian scientists was a fella named Alexey Yablokov. He died in January this year. A fair tribute –

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/01/17 ... the-truth/

“By then we had persuaded Michael Meacher to set up the doomed Committee Examining Radiation Risk from Internal Emitters (CERRIE) and in 2004 we got Alexey over to Oxford, together with Prof Elena Burlakova from the Russian Academy of Sciences to dish the dirt on Chernobyl, which they did.

All their presentations were omitted by the nuclear industry-biased CERRIE secretariat from the final report, though we put them into the Minority Report. Alexey went on to publish, with the late Wassily Nesterenko (and Alexey Nesterenko) the now famous New York Academy of Sciences Chernobyl book which the nuclear industry stooges now spend their time attacking.

In 2000 I was with him in Kiev at the World Health Organisation conference. He used to get really angry. You can see him in action in the Tchertkoff documentary Atomic Lies, which covered the stitch-ups at that Kiev meeting. [3] This is a powerful record, well worth watching.

In 2009 he came to the Lesvos conference of the ECRR and made a presentation on Chernobyl effects which we published in the Proceedings. [4] Later we were in Geneva together and stood vigil together outside the World Health organisation with our sandwich boards. It was freezing. We took the message all over the place. Even after he became ill and had various operations he would struggle along somehow: we were there in East Berlin, talking about Fukushima. [5]”

I had intended to send the Hunziker article a while ago, but then you folks entered the next phase of Fairfax’s ‘restructuring’.”

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not about football, and our footy club. But, it kinda is, you know, given management of this sort of s*** is the same in whatever sport you like to name.

And, if push comes to shove, I am gonna resort to arguing it is about our footy club, given Coates' opponent was Danni Roche.

Baum replied today, but more of that later. I need to finish this Oirish brew, and eat.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:I really enjoyed reading this.

It's obvious though that Richardson's response was driven by his higher ups.

I can understand why they took this approach but the club really is hamstrung by its history and the way the media loves to portray it, but it's mostly bull sh*t.

The Brereton article should really have been dismissed and ignored as that is the best response to a targeted insult because that's what it was.
The football environment is a nano sized replica of the really, really big picture, Pav, as I know you know (just started reading "The Case of Comrade Tulayev", BTW).

You can let history totally define your present, and your future, if you so choose.

Or, you can acknowledge your history, and seek to define your present and future by owning it, and yourselves.

To that end, I recommend tuning in to SBS at 8:30 on Sunday night, for the 1st 2 parts of Oliver Stone's interviews with Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.

There you will see the ultimate disrupter, someone who understands the need for a multipolar world, predefined by respecting the sovereignty of nations.

And, the freakin' AFL world would be far better for attending to the same principle.

And, no, I'm not a V.V.P. fanboi - I just respect his aims, and how he is masterfully working to bring it about. To break the "HO" stranglehold, it takes someone to lead the way.

Same, same, everywhere, in every human pursuit.

Bow to no foreign man or beast.
Articulated better than I ever could. You're one beast I may consider bowing to. :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Seriously, is football that much more complicated or have we created a whole industry of myth ?

I put this to you, if our players
(1) eliminated turnovers by foot by 50%, and
(2) hit 50% more targets with their handballs, and
(3) kicked 50% more of the set shots we missed,
Where do you think we would be on the ladder ?

I think we would be well ensconced in the top 4.

The best structures, game plan, leadership, and match day coaching isn't going to fix our dismal turnovers and ball use. Yes get some more pace on the outside will help , but I am so frustrated at how we are gifting the oppo goal after goal from our turnovers and poor ball use.

Love is all you need
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Seriously, is football that much more complicated or have we created a whole industry of myth ?
Shhhh! You'll do us footy experts on forums around the nation out of a job!!!

loris
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

I can understand why they took this approach but the club really is hamstrung by its history and the way the media loves to portray it, but it's mostly bull sh*t.

The Brereton article should really have been dismissed and ignored as that is the best response to a targeted insult because that's what it was.
The football environment is a nano sized replica of the really, really big picture, Pav, as I know you know (just started reading "The Case of Comrade Tulayev", BTW).

You can let history totally define your present, and your future, if you so choose.

Or, you can acknowledge your history, and seek to define your present and future by owning it, and yourselves.

To that end, I recommend tuning in to SBS at 8:30 on Sunday night, for the 1st 2 parts of Oliver Stone's interviews with Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin.

There you will see the ultimate disrupter, someone who understands the need for a multipolar world, predefined by respecting the sovereignty of nations.

And, the freakin' AFL world would be far better for attending to the same principle.

And, no, I'm not a V.V.P. fanboi - I just respect his aims, and how he is masterfully working to bring it about. To break the "HO" stranglehold, it takes someone to lead the way.

Articulated better than I ever could. You're one beast I may consider bowing to. :D
I'm into my curtesy as TOT thumps out thought provoking gems on his keyboard. Sorry TOT but my arthritic knee and dodgy lower back only allows a demur curtesy these days; hence, it could be disguised as yours truly not bowing to man nor beast :wink:

Yours truly

Loris

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:

Totally agree. It is the weak who suffer as they must (?)

Good good good about VS. Look out for the serendipitous assassination scene and the totally brutal Zvyeryeva.

Read Life and Fate if you haven't. Masterpiece.

Agree about Vlad. Absolute prick of a bloke, but not a f#ck wit.

He's actually quite restrained but god help us all if a hard line Russian Nationalist gets in power. Humanity is f#cked.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The AFL isn't a bunch of clubs competing against each other though. It's not 'club vs. club'. It's not 'tribe vs. tribe' though.

It's a big entertainment business that employs 1000s of people.

The clubs themselves aren't trying to win the flag any more than the average Joe goes to work each day and tries to keep his boss happy.

What most of us remember about footy and sport in the 'good old days' is long gone. The Saints is no longer a club. It no longer represents anything. It's basically a revenue arm for the AFL. They tweak it to engage customers as they see fit, and clearly in the Australian sporting world - the best way to do that is to tap into people's false sense of tribalism and belonging.

It's a myth.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Seriously, is football that much more complicated or have we created a whole industry of myth ?

I put this to you, if our players
(1) eliminated turnovers by foot by 50%, and
(2) hit 50% more targets with their handballs, and
(3) kicked 50% more of the set shots we missed,
Where do you think we would be on the ladder ?

I think we would be well ensconced in the top 4.

The best structures, game plan, leadership, and match day coaching isn't going to fix our dismal turnovers and ball use. Yes get some more pace on the outside will help , but I am so frustrated at how we are gifting the oppo goal after goal from our turnovers and poor ball use.
Uh, Uh, Zed, disagree.

In kicking this off, I suggested the cohort examine the team and individual performance stats from the Adelaide game, and consider which stats measure "Efficiency", and which measure "Effectiveness".

You're referencing the "Disposal Efficiency", and suggesting 'fix that, and you fix the lot'.

As I noted at the kick off, when you work the DE numbers at the indvidual level v Adelaide, you cannot find evidence that 'bubbles up' to the scoreboard result - it just isn't there.

I also suggested the one TEAM level stat that connected to the scoreboard result was "Inside 50's". Every other team level stat difference b/w the 2 sides was close to negligible. I also suggested the "Inside 50" number is an Effectiveness measure.

Ergo, it measures the Effectiveness of the individual inputs in meeting the objective i.e. to score. It's not the only Effectiveness measure, but it was the only one displaying clear difference between the 2 sides.

You see a far greater correlation b/w both effectiveness and efficiency measures, and the end result, in individual sports. But, team sports are a much more complicated machine, and getting one part to work efficiently does not necessarily translate to overall effectiveness.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

Totally agree. It is the weak who suffer as they must (?)

Good good good about VS. Look out for the serendipitous assassination scene and the totally brutal Zvyeryeva.

Read Life and Fate if you haven't. Masterpiece.

Agree about Vlad. Absolute prick of a bloke, but not a f#ck wit.

He's actually quite restrained but god help us all if a hard line Russian Nationalist gets in power. Humanity is f#cked.
That last line touches on why I came to respect V.V.P., Pav.

That's one side of the fence he manages to straddle better than anyone. Most people have little appreciation of what would happen, should V.V.P. succumb to the hard line Nationalists. Put simply, either NATO would head away from the Russian border, or we would all be incinerated. As the Russians continue to remind the West, 'We will never a war on our own soil, again'. Given they lost 25 odd million people defeating Hitler for the West, you'd have to say they do learn their lessons.

On the other side of that fence are the Atlanticists, the crowd who fancy a repeat of the Yeltsin years, in partnership with Wall St and Pentagon types.

I've been banging on about Effectiveness measures in here. Here's one - Life Expectancy. When The Wall came down, and Gorby got conned by Ronnie, average male life expectancy in the Russian Federation was mid - 60's.

By around '95/'96, male life expectancy had dropped to about 57, and by the end of Boris's time, it was 55'ish. That drop, in that time, is unprecedented in the history of nations (when not at war, or suffering major pandemics).

Near the end, Boris came to regret much of what he had done. So, Boris decided he needed to go and, to try and save some self respect, he needed to find a replacement who would stand for Russia first.

He chose V.V.P.

And, V.V.P. is nothing if not effective. By about '05/06, average male life expectancy had returned to the mid - 60's, where it had been pre-Boris and the looting Atlanticists. That recovery, too, is unprecedented in the history of nations (and it's actually harder to recover it, than lose it, yet V.V.P. got it back quicker than Boris lost it).

Efficiency measures are interesting and have their place. But, gimme an effectiveness measure every day of the week.

When it comes to people wishing for V.V.P. to go, and be replaced by someone with a persona more 'acceptable' in the West, people should be very, very careful what they wish for.

It's also worth noting how the West report on the various anti-V.V.P. protests in Russia, particularly given it is Western polling outfits who continue to report V.V.P.'s approval ratings at above 80%, sometimes edging into the 90's (V.V.P. is quite happy to allow those Western polling outfits to do their thang in Russia, and they themselves claim they suffer no interference, and they employ the same methodologies in Russia as they do everywhere else).

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Shhhh! You'll do us footy experts on forums around the nation out of a job!!!
You're papers are stamped, Zed. You've just exposed the lack of utility in an entire, multimillion dollar industry. Stay inside. Lock the doors and await my instructions. We need to get you into protection as fast as we can. BT in particular is furious with you and has volunteered to carry out the mission himself. Lucky for you, that idiot couldn't find a clown in a circus. :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:You would hope that learning would advance as time goes on, TTT. That's just the natural order of things. When I first went to university,( when our lectures were still held in caves!) it was free, thanks to the generosity of the taxpayer and the foresight of St.Gough, the patron saint of tertiary students. Uni was a wild mix of ideas that were freely expressed with the greatest threat being a bit of ridicule from your fellow piss and pot heads. You were even encouraged by the teaching staff to be a bit of a smartarse c*nt, just like they were. Those were the days!

Fast forward to the late 90's and in doing a bit of post grad, the scene had changed. The Science Faculty at Monash was basically broke and the pressure was on staff and students to do research that would attract funding, rather than what was of interest in furthering knowledge in the field. The political atmosphere had changed also. Political Censorship had entered the fray. There were things you were not allowed to discuss openly and certain views were openly attacked. Not the hotbed of free thinking I remembered, but by that stage I was married with kids, working and was there to complete my studies as quickly as possible and get the hell out.

My children's experience in their Four+ years at RMIT and Monash were very different to mine. The Born to rule mentality has been replaced with groupthink, that has its roots firmly set in left wing ideology. There has been resistance from conservative elements which are starting to re emerge. My kids both did contact and course intense degrees, which gave little time for anything else, as they also worked part time. My son, in particular tells me nonsense like campus "rape culture", gender fluidity, LGBTIQ, the destruction of the white male patriarchy are the issues de Jour these days. To speak out against the orthodoxy is to not just ridicule, but academic sanction.

God help you if you believe the social engineers are not doing some of their best work in shaping attitudes. Fortunately, when the youngsters hit the working world, they have enough sense to recognise the crap they've been fed. Think Roz Ward and co horts. She and her type could only survive and sprout her vile doctrine in the sheltered workshop of government sponsored academia. The yoong folk o' today are smarter than we think. They have enough intelligence and the wherewithal to see through the nonsense, unlike some of the old relics who still dream of revolution while wearing their Che Guevara berets and t shirts.

When I was at Uni, the students paid the utmost respect to their lecturers, some of whom wrote the course books in the area of study. We were of course encouraged to question some of the things taught to us at the time.

When I went back decades later as a guest lecturer in my area of expertise, I could believe how unruly and disrespectful students had become. God knows what they are like now.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

that last post from ToT
is the old TL;DR
as in Too Long, Didn't Read

These days, we need things in bite-sized grabs.
5 day test cricket is the same, who can be bothered.
20/20 is the go
Just like reading 25 paragraphs of admittedly insightful and intelligent discourse,
the sheer volume is discouraging

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

arrogant philistine

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:that last post from ToT
is the old TL;DR
as in Too Long, Didn't Read

These days, we need things in bite-sized grabs.
5 day test cricket is the same, who can be bothered.
20/20 is the go
Just like reading 25 paragraphs of admittedly insightful and intelligent discourse,
the sheer volume is discouraging
You should stick to twitter and keep off platforms that allow more than 140 characters at a time.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Given the number of tongues in cheeks, I'm actually encouraged to press on (regardless of almost everything....).

But, before I do press on, I need to provide a warning: I'm probably going to struggle to rationalise what follows as being about football and our club, UNLESS the reader has bought in to the idea that football is a nano level model of the whole bigger picture.

So, I'm merely whacking this up here for those who I know, or suspect, get it, without any wish to annoy, frustrate or piss off anyone else.

Ergo, I suggest not reading on if the forecast subject matter is of little or no interest to you.

Using my reference yesdee to AFL football being a nano whatever of the much larger picture, and acknowledging how corporatist managerialism has maintained a death grip on most of people's everyday existences, 2 more submissions to the cohort today.

The first pertains to the 'orrible, 'orrible London tower fire, and what is rapidly becoming the emerging story. Here I am referring to an article by Guy Rundle in today's Crikey:

"Rundle, from causes, to flow on effects. This really is just a chapter in the whole s*** show.

Join these 2 dots:

“…..a building in a public housing estate whose neighbourhood action group had warned would go up sooner or later, who had mused that it would have no action taken over it until there was a catastrophe.”

&

“Now there are revelations that a report on inadequate fire safety in public housing high rises was sat on for four years. The minister responsible was Gavin Barwell, who lost his seat last Thursday. He got a new job. Theresa May’s chief of staff? Gavin Barwell.”

As one of the cohort responded:

"I am probably lost in the infinitely long and varied strings of your emails but as far as the the London fire goes don't forget this is all about getting rid of that nasty nasty wasteful jobson growth diminishing RED TAPE.

Red Tape AKA Building regs.

So symptomatic of the move to a sort of lassez faire* third world regime in which properly regulated preventative measures give way to reactive after the fact shock horror punishment style. So much cheaper and conducive to "investment".

There will be an inquest, hands will be wrung maybe a few heads will roll and all will feel that much better - except those who lost their lives and those who have to deal with the wreckage of families impacted."

Earlier, a more wide ranging contribution:

"This may be of particular interest to you and yours, GH - https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06/14 ... ddle-east/

Specifically:

“In any case, the attempt to eject Corbyn from leadership of the Labour Party not only failed but also backfired, greatly complicating any attempt to organize British participation in a new major war in the Middle East, along the lines apparently favoured, during his recent tour of the area, by US President Trump.

Unfortunately the defeat of Theresa May was not decisive enough to lead to failure of the plan to convert Cyprus into a protectorate.

Shortly after the formation of her government, the General Secretary of the UN called for a conference in Geneva on the Cyprus problem. In what amounts to a coup inside Cyprus and the European Union, this illicit conference aims at expropriation of the Cypriot state from its population and the transformation of the second member state of the EU, after Greece, into a colony. It also involves the risk of Cyprus being converted into Syria, with all that entails (2).”

That is yet another op-ed which a) lauds Jezza’s contribution and b) places an awful lot on his shoulders.

The author’s end-of-piece references also raise the matter of BAE and the Saudis, and this little ‘gem’ –

http://www.defenddemocracy.press/uptick ... rms-sales/

And, in reference (2), on Cyprus, there is much of the ‘plan’ for Cyprus - http://www.defenddemocracy.press/after- ... tectorate/

The aim, the solution to all their woes, of turning Cyprus into a “protectorate” seems to me to rather understate what the powers that be have in store for Cypriots, and why:

A clue!! - “…….the plan is for Cyprus, making it clear beyond any doubt that the purpose of the operation is to transform a second member of the EU (after Greece) into a protectorate of the “axis of naval powers” (USA, Britain, Israel)…..”

The book referred to in here is in the ‘basket’ awaiting order completion - https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06/14 ... ng-russia/

One of the reasons it is in the basket relates to this very sentence, in reference to what the book covers:

“American exceptionalism – the conviction that our excrement smells like perfume and everyone else’s stinks – is deconstructed.”

That, and the fact it has caused a fair ol’ stink of its own, in the USofA, in part because it ain’t aimed to comfort the author’s “fellow Amerikans”, tickled up the interest bone:

“Informing the book is the biblical allegory that it is more convenient to pull the speck from your brother’s eye than the plank from your own.”

They do like their conveniences, those Yanquis.

Lindorff’s take on Jezza’s performance, and possibilities - https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06/14 ... -election/

Hold these 2 thoughts:

“Virtually the entire British news media, from the BBC on down, piled on, deriding Corbyn as a ‘70s relic out of touch with British voters.”

“Given how Corbyn steadily rose in the polls the longer he ran his old-style whistle-stop rail-based campaign, with Labour gaining support the more people got to know him and his socialist platform…..”

Now travel back to the 1st article up top, and put this excerpt alongside those 2 thoughts you’re now holding:

“A recent study in the USA showed that among teens from 16 to 20 years of age, 45% would vote socialist and 21% communist, in a country where socialists and communists hardly exist.”

”Of the people”? “By the people”? “For the people”? Kiddin’, right?

What happened when the younguns took a listen to Jezza? What does that Yanqui poll say?

Despite the fact the younguns are absolutely battered, every day, by mountains of managed nothingness, they haven’t lost the ability to consider if there might be some other way, to muster some interest beyond the ‘meaning’ confected to perpetuate a system that has no interest in them, or their futures, other than making sure they pay.

Here’s another part of that same system. This is plain speakin’ Whitney exposing just how Yanqui democracy and the Rule of Law really work, and for the benefit of whom:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06/14 ... -omission/

He rarely leaves you in any doubt, Whitney – he has his ways, right down to the minutiae:

“Comey never answered that question to Trump, but he did explain his reasoning to the Senate Intelligence Committee last week. He said he didn’t want to announce that Trump was not part of the Bureau’s Russia probe because “it would create a duty to correct, should that change.”

A “duty to correct”? Are you kidding me? What kind of bulls*** answer is that? How many hours of legal brainstorming did it take to come up with that lame-ass excuse?”

He’s becoming more forlorn by the day, Whitney. He may well be right, and they will get Trump in the end.

But, TWHM can always spot the upside. As I noted a few days back, if they do get Trump, it’ll take ages, and it will be very, very messy (I believe I suggested “this” will still be going on in 2 years). And, while the Yanquis spend inordinate amounts of time trying to position the Looking Glass, so they can see what’s going on up their own arseholes, others have a chance to get on and do what they need to do – like Jezza (and the other bloke…what’s his name, again?)

Some of the Yanqui soft heads keep blathering on about Sanders being an ‘alternative’ from beyond the system.

As this cat points out, that too is bulls*** - Sanders is a fraud (’of the system, by the system, for the system’) - https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/06/14 ... old-party/

Yeah, sure, Sanders makes noise about Wall St, drug companies, fossil fuels, but he never touches THE problem. Not A problem, THE problem.

The article turns to Chris Hedges to explain what Sanders never, ever touches:

“Hedges said in that YouTube clip, referring to Sanders’ towing the line for most Democratic Party policy positions and its candidates, that the Senator doesn’t understand the fact that “unless we destroy the war machine and empire, this country is going right down the tubes.”

I’m gonna dissent here. Sanders most certainly does “understand”, and that is the essence of his fraud.

Now back to closing arguments from Lindorff above, about “the boy, Jezza”. This is why Jezza is anything but a fraud:

“It’s an astonishing reversal of fortune, and also a lesson in the importance of standing up for ordinary people — and against militarism — one that progressives in the US should pay close attention to.”

But, he’s carrying an awful lot of weight on his shoulders, Jezza.

But, he’s a calm man, and that helps.

Just like Vlad.

On Vlad, more from Parry on the Ollie interviews - https://consortiumnews.com/2017/06/13/p ... cans-know/

That’s Vlad down and dirty in the realpolitik. It’s also another mighty fine example of how much s*** we of the Yanqui empire are fed.

Were you aware of this of this developing trend? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... ssia-assad

He has his ways!!"

supersaints
Club Player

Ahhh the education system raises its thorny head again.

Designed to dumb the population down, conform to the standard.
Sadly true academic minds have to tow the same lines and dish out the same crap if they are to " advance " in the same crap system.... Destroys the knowing of our true self, and the proper use of our right side brain

Never confuse the terms intelligence and education ' they are poles apart .. I spent way too many years educating myself to further my carrear to get to the top of a pile of crap

To quote H.L. Menken

The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

Consider... the university professor. What is his function? Simply to pass on to fresh generations of numskulls a body of so-called knowledge that is fragmentary, unimportant, and, in large part, untrue. His whole professional activity is circumscribed by the prejudices, vanities and avarices of his university trustees, i.e., a committee of soap-boilers, nail manufacturers, bank-directors and politicians. The moment he offends these vermin he is undone. He cannot so much as think aloud without running a risk of having them fan his pantaloons.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
supersaints
Club Player

It's Mencken .. by the way

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I'm gonna do it!

I watch little of games other than ours these days. But, I did watch a bit of tonight's. And, I stayed to watch some of the post- game chat.

I refer you back to the post that began this thread. Based on the slice of team stats I saw post game, there is a high level of similarity b/w the stats in the game that 'inspired' this thread, and tonight's game. Same side opposing, same venue.

Most team level stats I saw were similar, slightly favouring Yadelaide, bar 2. Yadelaide had a dozen more Free Kicks and, more importantly, had a dozen more Inside 50's. Otherwise, numbers weren't that dissimilar, b/w us v Yadelaide, and tonight.

Yet, we got jumped, and pretty much poleaxed. The Dorks went in 17th spot, Yadelaide were still on top, and the Dorks won, and were always in the game.

So, what's the difference? And, please, no 'one off' bs - the Dorks are also the only side to beat Shyteney in their last 7, and did it on Shyteney's dung heap.

Personnel certainly counts and, in the case of the Dorks, one in particular. I actually left the sound up tonight - after I heard L.Hodge was wired up. Again, I refer you to the post that began this thread. Both post-game interviews he did were well worth watching, and people who love the sport should see them ( I also dropped off Rugby League a while back - think Cronulla - but I did watch and applaud Jonathon Thurston - and his busted shoulder - in the State of Oranges last night. A giant, JT.....as are his 3 Storm buzzard team mates).

As for the other differences b/w a couple of weeks ago, and tonight, what do the numbers say?

O-R-G-A-N-I-S-A-T-I-O-N? They do to me, and I am perfectly willing to argue the point. The Dorks? Look at their overall personnel.

It's becoming a no-brainer. I am not potting any individual, I'm questioning the group responsible for doin' the organisin'.

And, seeing games like tonight, I ain't gettin' any less angry.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

The 4 games I've seen Hawthorn win, were all won the exact same way - tempting/forcing the opposition to 'bomb it in to the hot spot'.

Hawthorn uber flood their D50, and wait for you to give it to them. It's pretty simple - and for the same reason Carlton have pinched games, clubs don't wake up to it. Usually, this is because they're backing their own style against the opposition. They believe they're better than them, and they'll crack them if they apply their own game plan against theirs.

And it fails.

To be fair, where Carlton flood asnd wait for the opposition to fall into their trap - Hawthorn last night forced Adelaide to to some extent. Theyr pressured their midfield which meant they didn't have the time to create good F50 entriues, but instead just kept lobbing into the a pack of 12 players (mostly Hawthorn) at the top of the square.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Johnny Member wrote:The 4 games I've seen Hawthorn win, were all won the exact same way - tempting/forcing the opposition to 'bomb it in to the hot spot'.

Hawthorn uber flood their D50, and wait for you to give it to them. It's pretty simple - and for the same reason Carlton have pinched games, clubs don't wake up to it. Usually, this is because they're backing their own style against the opposition. They believe they're better than them, and they'll crack them if they apply their own game plan against theirs.

And it fails.

To be fair, where Carlton flood asnd wait for the opposition to fall into their trap - Hawthorn last night forced Adelaide to to some extent. Theyr pressured their midfield which meant they didn't have the time to create good F50 entriues, but instead just kept lobbing into the a pack of 12 players (mostly Hawthorn) at the top of the square.
Sam Docherty took a lot of marks in our F50,
so Saints played into their hands pretty much.

What happened to help us win?
Did our guys finally stick to team rules, did Richo change things up,
or did our accuracy increase, or a combination of one or more?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee