Seven Forward 50 frees to One

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Seven Forward 50 frees to One

The Adelaide Crows received 7 frees Inside there forward 50 to our 1. That's 6 free shots on goal. With all of them being very iffy at best. Hard to win with bias like this.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Seven Forward 50 frees to One

CURLY wrote:The Adelaide Crows received 7 frees Inside there forward 50 to our 1. That's 6 free shots on goal. With all of them being very iffy at best. Hard to win with bias like this.
Spot on Curly!
The cheating umpires cost us this match.
You know their cheating is sanctioned by the corrupt AFL, don't you!

If we are lucky 'to the twat' will post on this thread and give us something profound like 'don't be surprised by how much power has corrupted the AFL' followed by a rant about the Murdoch press.

The umpires :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Don't forget the one where the ball was clearly out of bounds on the HFF/wing and everyone stopped except the player with ball, as a result of there being no pressure what so ever he was able to hit up a team mate who kicked the goal from 20m out.

The new 4 central umpires works a treat!!!

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

The umpiring made the game painful to watch.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
kalsaint
Club Player

CURLY wrote:The Adelaide Crows received 7 frees Inside there forward 50 to our 1. That's 6 free shots on goal. With all of them being very iffy at best. Hard to win with bias like this.
Yeah its always difficult with call against you but we weren't in the contest often and just handed frees to them by our actions. Flogged and umpires could have matched the frees with little change to the result. Lets face it we weren't hitting the goals when we had easy shots.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

kalsaint wrote:
Yeah its always difficult with call against you but we weren't in the contest often and just handed frees to them by our actions. Flogged and umpires could have matched the frees with little change to the result. Lets face it we weren't hitting the goals when we had easy shots.
Geary's free to Betts, in any other game, would have been "play on"
because from any angle, Betts held onto Geary as well, hoping the ump would think Gears was desperate to stop him.
But Saints interstate, it was always going against us.
Hate the umps

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

I think we had 418 disposals, and gave away 27 frees, only got 12 or so ourselves.

As a percentage of total possessions, the frees are less than 7%.
If our guys actually hit targets like the Bombers did tonight, then that accuracy would more than make up for dodgy frees.

But we kicked over Paddy's head near boundary. Kicked to his feet.
Handballed 6 times instead of 3 then a kick.

We asked to be hurt by turnovers.
Fix up the stupid skill errors, behave like bloody professional athletes instead of under-9s
and frees are taken out of the equation.
Last edited by WellardSaint on Sun 11 Jun 2017 12:31pm, edited 2 times in total.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saint6709
Club Player

The one we got was a disadvantage to us - Bruce was in the act of marking and it was taken off him and given to McCarten - for a very soft free - he probably missed the goal Bruce would have kicked- it was a weird free - we got nothing all night but we get a very soft one when we had the ball anyway....
The list of umpiring atrocities for the night is too long to go into but the 50's were another area- 1 against Steele ? Not sure what for ? Had to be about 70 metres paced out by ump - then longer gets a free ( or mark) and the Adelaide guy just handballs it to a spot 2 meters from him- no problem according to the ump - that action is a very simple text book 50 every day of the week- so if you're not getting them you know the umpires are not going to give you anything

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We gave away lots of frees because we were out numbered most of the time or out of position.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:We gave away lots of frees because we were out numbered most of the time or out of position.
Correct.

And Curly Fries, Radelaide had double the F50 entries to us so yes they should've got more frees there.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Freebird
Club Player

The problem I have is every Adelaide player goes to work blocking holding etc when the ball is kicked to a pack situation..I was quite impressed with the way they sacrificed themselves for their teammates where we were trying to position ourselves for ourselves.

In so doing Adelaide infringed many times more than saints but received the benefit of doubt many many more times than us.

What if overseas bookies start poking their nose in on our game - would be easy to pay off the umps that don't have to answer for the imbalance of 50/50 frees.
Everytime 2 players come together the umps could pay a free and would be adjudicated correct even if was one sided as we regularly observe

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

No Con, the facts don't cut it here!
The umpires cheat against StKilda and their cheating is sanctioned by the corrupt AFL.
Every week the umpires are against us, every week!
They cheat you know :lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:
The one we got was a disadvantage to us - Bruce was in the act of marking and it was taken off him and given to McCarten - for a very soft free - he probably missed the goal Bruce would have kicked- it was a weird free - we got nothing all night but we get a very soft one when we had the ball anyway....
The list of umpiring atrocities for the night is too long to go into but the 50's were another area- 1 against Steele ? Not sure what for ? Had to be about 70 metres paced out by ump - then longer gets a free ( or mark) and the Adelaide guy just handballs it to a spot 2 meters from him- no problem according to the ump - that action is a very simple text book 50 every day of the week- so if you're not getting them you know the umpires are not going to give you anything

sounds about right.

saint6709
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:
No Con, the facts don't cut it here!
The umpires cheat against StKilda and their cheating is sanctioned by the corrupt AFL.
Every week the umpires are against us, every week!
They cheat you know :lol: :lol:
Yes I think you're right Joffa the facts don't cut it and there is corruption !! Those numbers looked like BS to me after a season where I've been pretty annoyed with the umps on many occasions - so I just went to the match centre for all of the saints games this year - must be bored !

ANYWAY my own official count is 166 TO US - 200 AGAINST US - thats -34 for us which puts us in the bottom 3.

Not sure were the joker who wrote the article got his facts or his counting/addition skills from

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

One of our free kicks against Adelaide was to Josh Bruce I think it was, took a mark in defence, and the umpire called it a free kick to Bruce. I thought, "why would the umpie give a free kick when he has already marked the ball? Ah, the stats.",.Whereas Adelaide get 6 or 7 frees in goal scoring range, we get them in defence after already marking the ball.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I think certain people need to consider the fact that they're watching the game with an extreme St Kilda bias, so maybe that's the reason they don't feel the umpiring is fair. To even try argue the Geray free on Betts was anything but a blatant free kick is laughable, and discredits your whole stance.

And I will guarantee you, if you asked supporters from each of the 18 different clubs, ALL will claim that their club is generally hard done by by the umpires.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Freebird
Club Player

Ask the same supporters from those different clubs (except Adelaide) who the umps were hard and soft on Friday night they would know.

Why don't you??
Last edited by Freebird on Mon 12 Jun 2017 1:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: And I will guarantee you, if you asked supporters from each of the 18 different clubs, ALL will claim that their club is generally hard done by by the umpires.
Maybe dud, but how many will be like those on this site who openly claim the umpires cheat and are bias against their club.

This site has the most unreasonable biased supporters imaginable.

Some even state the bias/ cheating in sanctioned by the AFL :lol: :lol:

Freebird
Club Player

Sanctioned being the wrong word - condoned

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:Ask the same supporters from those different clubs (except Adelaide) who the umps were hard and soft on Friday night they would know.

Why don't you??
Swings and roundabouts. Some days it goes your way, some days it doesn't. To think the umps had any influence on the result of the Adelaide game is ridiculous. They played better, went in harder and were first to the ball, meaning they'll win more free kicks.

Let me ask, where was the outrage and accusations of condoned cheating after the GWS game where we won the free kick count 22-10? Or do people only get upset when we lose the count? Funny that.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Or do people only get upset when we lose the count? Funny that.
Oh yeah, I kick my television screen in everytime we win the free kick count. One year I had to do it three times!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:Sanctioned being the wrong word - condoned
Umpire Cheating condoned by the AFL, Gold :lol: :lol: :lol:
Has the nic freebird got anything to do with you being recently released? :!:

Next we'll get a pearl of wisdom from chief conspiracy theorist To the Twat like "you'd be surprised by how power corrupts".

Freebird
Club Player

This is not a st kilda thing re umps and I have not said that even though historically we do not receive our share of the rub of the green. So I would say what goes around for dogs does not come around as often for us by a long way traditionally

The umps won dogs a flag does that not bother you?

What I'm saying is, I watch many games where I'm unbias and don't really care about the result and witness teams not receiving a fair go.

Why are the umps not held accountable and if bookies wanted to etch into this great game of ours they would find it not difficult

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We have had 188 for and 200 against. So -12. Swans are also -12. Giants are -46 Tigers are -41. Hawks are -16. Crows are -2. Cats are -13. Port are even. We are equal fifth worst.

So that means from the worst:

18th Giants
17th Tigers
16th Hawks
15th Cats
13th Saints/Swans

Source:
http://www.afl.com.au/stats