Seven Forward 50 frees to One

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Freebird
Club Player

Re: Seven Forward 50 frees to One

Joffa Burns wrote:
Freebird wrote:Sanctioned being the wrong word - condoned
Umpire Cheating condoned by the AFL, Gold :lol: :lol: :lol:
Has the nic freebird got anything to do with you being recently released? :!:

Next we'll get a pearl of wisdom from chief conspiracy theorist To the Twat like "you'd be surprised by how power corrupts".
whatever spin you put on it JB - it will come around and hit you in the face and you still won't see it.

"It takes considerable knowledge just to realise the extent of your own ignorance" - I'm guessing your knowledge falls short

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
Freebird wrote:Sanctioned being the wrong word - condoned
Umpire Cheating condoned by the AFL, Gold :lol: :lol: :lol:
Has the nic freebird got anything to do with you being recently released? :!:

Next we'll get a pearl of wisdom from chief conspiracy theorist To the Twat like "you'd be surprised by how power corrupts".
whatever spin you put on it JB - it will come around and hit you in the face and you still won't see it.

"It takes considerable knowledge just to realise the extent of your own ignorance" - I'm guessing your knowledge falls short
Guess all you like, I couldn't care less.

What will come around and hit me in the face?

What your facts?
The umpires cheated on behalf off the AFL to give the Dogd a flag? :lol: :lol:

What else freewilly?
Paul is alive?
Man never landed on the moon?
Trump is a lizard?

Better to be ignorant than stupid :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Joffa Burns wrote:
you are of course right Joffa you could be accused of being ignorant
but trying to present facts in the end just makes you ignorant and stupid

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
you are of course right Joffa you could be accused of being ignorant
but trying to present facts in the end just makes you ignorant and stupid
???

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

you were the only one to present reality backed by stats
And still they argue with you
After a while at what point do you become stoopid too?

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:you were the only one to present reality backed by stats
And still they argue with you
After a while at what point do you become stoopid too?
sunsaint wrote:you were the only one to present reality backed by stats
It was Con Gorozides who posted the stats, not me.
sunsaint wrote:And still they argue with you
Who or what argues with me?
sunsaint wrote:After a while at what point do you become stoopid too?
Perhaps I am stupid, as I don’t understand what you are trying to write!
Let me be blunt, your level of literacy is not assisting your persuasive writing skills.

The good news is when lack of punctuation, random use of capital letters and fragmented sentences become an accepted writing genre, you will be a Miles Franklin winner.

What is not lost on me is an illiterate moron intimating that someone else is stoopid.
Keep up the great work champ!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Those stats in that image are wrong. what is interesting, if you analyse the free kicks for fun, you'll find once again teams that wear blue rather than black are strongly advantaged with a differential of 2.8 free kicks a game.
Port are the only blue and black team so i left them out of calculations - they have a 0 differential. I have cracked the secret of umpire bias at last!
Only one blue team is in negative - Geelong, and only one black team in positive - collingwood.
So unless we change our guernsey, we will forever be whinging!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
amusingname
Club Player

saint6709 wrote:
CURLY wrote:The Adelaide Crows received 7 frees Inside there forward 50 to our 1. That's 6 free shots on goal. With all of them being very iffy at best. Hard to win with bias like this.
The one we got was a disadvantage to us - Bruce was in the act of marking and it was taken off him and given to McCarten - for a very soft free - he probably missed the goal Bruce would have kicked- it was a weird free - we got nothing all night but we get a very soft one when we had the ball anyway....
The list of umpiring atrocities for the night is too long to go into but the 50's were another area- 1 against Steele ? Not sure what for ? Had to be about 70 metres paced out by ump - then longer gets a free ( or mark) and the Adelaide guy just handballs it to a spot 2 meters from him- no problem according to the ump - that action is a very simple text book 50 every day of the week- so if you're not getting them you know the umpires are not going to give you anything

Wasn't that the one that Paddy kicked? so we weren't disadvantaged at all in that one.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Those stats in that image are wrong. what is interesting, if you analyse the free kicks for fun, you'll find once again teams that wear blue rather than black are strongly advantaged with a differential of 2.8 free kicks a game.
Port are the only blue and black team so i left them out of calculations - they have a 0 differential. I have cracked the secret of umpire bias at last!
Only one blue team is in negative - Geelong, and only one black team in positive - collingwood.
and unless people think i'm purely tongue in cheek there have been paychological studies of this. One showed a preference in combat sports for red over blue - suggested as due to the association of red with dominance and aggression.
https://www.livescience.com/2772-refere ... s-red.html
and "a similar line of research on the color black and its associations with aggression, evil, death, sin, and impurity. Frank & Gilovich (1988) (pdf) found that athletes with black uniforms commit more penalties - they seem to both act more aggressively and to be seen as more aggressive."

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
sunsaint wrote:And still they argue with you
Who or what argues with me?
Smiley faces and rolly eyes can hide the true intention, If i read correctly, you and COn were arguing the same point against the "others".
My bit that was lost in translation - went along the lines that you can put your case forward and argue the point, but after a while you too become the 'ignorant & stoopid" or something along those lines...

As for me being an illiterate stoopid moron - that's a whole other thread.

Seeya
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

desertsaint wrote:
desertsaint wrote:Those stats in that image are wrong. what is interesting, if you analyse the free kicks for fun, you'll find once again teams that wear blue rather than black are strongly advantaged with a differential of 2.8 free kicks a game.
and unless people think i'm purely tongue in cheek there have been paychological studies of this. One showed a preference in combat sports for red over blue - suggested as due to the association of red with dominance and aggression.
and "a similar line of research on the color black and its associations with aggression, evil, death, sin, and impurity. Frank & Gilovich (1988) (pdf) found that athletes with black uniforms commit more penalties - they seem to both act more aggressively and to be seen as more aggressive."
"Studies have shown that..."
wow, isn't that an overused phrase that can prop up silly theories

What sample size did they use, how did they compile their statistics, etc
In the 60's, Thalidomide passed all sorts of clinical trials.
And then what happened.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

And then what happened.
oh. you're one of those know very littles that want to show it off. you've got two references there - go look it up if you're that interested.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

desertsaint wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
...edited...

And then what happened.
oh. you're one of those know very littles that want to show it off. you've got two references there - go look it up if you're that interested.
I recall that in the 23rd Century,
a Klingon warrior who had demonstrated fear in battle,
was forced to dress all in blue for 12 months to demonstrate his weakness.
He could resume normal uniform earlier than one year if he killed an enemy in combat.
Source: Federation library, Starfleet location 12.901.15

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

And then what happened.
pretty sure this is how they did it :wink: