'Dial a quote' commenting on saints again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

'Dial a quote' commenting on saints again

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 334beffeab

Yep old peanut butter and jam sandwiches is at it again.
Can't wait for the GT junk food brigade to start singing his praises :roll:

Let the good times roll :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: 'Dial a quote' commenting on saints again

Isn't he allowed to comment?

He only coached 100 odd games, played 70 odd and is a good mateof Nick's

In fact
He's probably more qualified to comment than most?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Isn't he allowed to comment?

In fact
Neil Harvey was a champion cricketer but became Mr Dial-a-quote every time the Aussie cricket team travelled badly.

Old chips 'n' gravy gets rolled out when the saints have a shocker or are going bad.
Irrelevant for anything else.

Geez, coached 100 & played 70, fails to compare to your stellar career BM :wink:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

When he was on Footy Classified, he was an excellent foil to that ugly man in drag, and the others,
who were just full of themselves.

He was shown the door because he didn't play team rules and actually had strong opinions of his own
that he could back up, compared to the others who make drunk Robbo look like a Walkley winner.

I follow him on twitter, and he is always good value.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
stonecold
SS Life Member

In fact

+1

Especially those KC's on here!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Ugh, I hate how you have have to log in to the Herald Scum's website in order to read their articles. Those squat cobblers have another thing coming if they expect me to subscribe their gutter journalism.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Ugh, I hate how you have have to log in to the Herald Scum's website in order to read their articles. Those squat cobblers have another thing coming if they expect me to subscribe their gutter journalism.
Use a search engine and you can read for free.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Squat gobblers! Gold! :)

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Ugh, I hate how you have have to log in to the Herald Scum's website in order to read their articles. Those squat cobblers have another thing coming if they expect me to subscribe their gutter journalism.
I just typed in the title into google and bypassed the paywall.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:

In fact

+1

Especially those KC's on here!!!!!
The good old meat lovers pizza with extra cheese filled crust giving more opinion on the saints.

Not surprised you two are disciples!

Funny, I always thought you two were actually the same guy.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: He was shown the door because he didn't play team rules .
Getting shown the door is a pattern for good old double beef and bacon burger.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:When he was on Footy Classified, he was an excellent foil to that ugly man in drag, and the others,

He was shown the door because he didn't play team rules and actually had strong opinions of his own
that he could back up, compared to the others who make drunk Robbo look like a Walkley winner.

Agree. The AFL is like North Korea and keep a very tight rein on the industry fed journos who are basically the propaganda wing of AFL House.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:When he was on Footy Classified, he was an excellent foil to that ugly man in drag, and the others,

Agree. The AFL is like North Korea and keep a very tight rein on the industry fed journos who are basically the propaganda wing of AFL House.
someone alleged on here about 2 years ago that Kim Jong-Un at AFL House, told SEN that if they didn't cancel Grant Thomas' contract,
there would be severe repercussions. Not shot at dawn with an 88mm anti-aircraft gun, but nonetheless...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

This comparison is a logical fallacy as it is nothing like North Korea (faulty comparison). The public relations industry was invented in the US.

Totalitarian regimes don't need to control information as they can rely on the implied threat of violence. Propaganda in so called "free" societies hence needs to be much more sophisticated.

It's called manufacturing consent.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

This comparison is a logical fallacy as it is nothing like North Korea (faulty comparison). The public relations industry was invented in the US.

Totalitarian regimes don't need to control information as they can rely on the implied threat of violence. Propaganda in so called "free" societies hence needs to be much more sophisticated.

OK Noam Chomsky.
That is a factual fallacy then. Not a logical one.
Also I am not talking about 'free society' but the AFL itself as though it were its own organsiation not connected with government or society at all.
In fact it is a monopoly business that runs to largely its own rules. There is nothing 'free' about how the AFL operates at all. It is all completely command and control. If fans, players, staff etc dont like it - they cant just go and play in 'another AFL' comp can they. It is totalitarian in its nature and its conduct. Think about it. The AFL is more akin to the catholic church than a 'free society'. And we are the foolish parishioners who keep going back for more and parting with our hard earnt.

So the comparison remains approximately accurate.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Use a search engine and you can read for free.
I didn't realise that. Thanks Pav and WS!
White Winmar wrote:Squat gobblers! Gold! :)
Squat cobblers. It's a reference to the awesome current television series Better Call Saul.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stonecold
SS Life Member

All the single ladies, All the single ladies!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

FORMER St Kilda coach Grant Thomas says St Kilda should play Nick Riewoldt at centre half back next year or force him to retire.

The long-time coach and great friend of Riewoldt maintains he is stifling the development of the club’s next premiership forward line.

He says he has made his feelings known to Riewoldt, adamant the club should “build for the next onslaught”.

But Thomas says the club must play Patrick McCartin every week alongside a mixture of Tim Membrey and Josh Bruce.

Etc etc
I reckon he's right. And if Ross Lyin came out and said the same, I'd reluctantly agree with him also.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

OK Noam Chomsky.
That is a factual fallacy then. Not a logical one.
Also I am not talking about 'free society' but the AFL itself as though it were its own organsiation not connected with government or society at all.
In fact it is a monopoly business that runs to largely its own rules. There is nothing 'free' about how the AFL operates at all. It is all completely command and control. If fans, players, staff etc dont like it - they cant just go and play in 'another AFL' comp can they. It is totalitarian in its nature and its conduct. Think about it. The AFL is more akin to the catholic church than a 'free society'. And we are the foolish parishioners who keep going back for more and parting with our hard earnt.

So the comparison remains approximately accurate.
I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Was talking about information control; so in that sense, it's a false analogy.

Populations in countries like North Korea and China ain't stupid. The propaganda is pretty ridiculous and simplistic. Fall into line or get dragged to gaol.

Populations in western or free countries have rights that are protected by law but most people are distracted and asleep. The more "freedoms" citizens have, the morse sophisticated the propaganda needs to be.

I agree with elements of your post but think you're exaggerating about the AFL. It's probably a monopoly business and one of many in this country, but it still faces some competition from other forms of entertainment. Also, it's not a law unto itself; it still has to pay taxes and comply with the law of the land etc so it just can't do what it wants.

I agree that it controls information but that's public relations so no different to say a bank or a big miner.

Never worked there but it probably does have a totalitarian management style. Tell me any institution that isn't run in a autocratic fashion where orders are taken from the top. Our "free" society is made up of many totalitarian institutions. Go to work on Monday and tell your boss what you really think. You might not get the arse but it would probably be career suicide.

My point is that while the AFL is a beast, it's nothing special and a reflection of how our society works. We're not as free as we think we are.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 334beffeab

Yep old peanut butter and jam sandwiches is at it again.
Can't wait for the GT junk food brigade to start singing his praises :roll:

Let the good times roll :lol:
You'll have TTT giving us a sermon on his reading habits JB........... telling you because he/she doesn't subscribe to this Murdoch scum media he can't open this link to read what it says. However, will somehow argue for or agin what is said in the article, even tho he/she won't read anything by Murdoch journos etc etc la de da de da!

Meanwhile I can't read it 'cause I don't subscribe either :wink: :wink:

I'm so old fashioned I go for a walk each morning and buy the paper. Thankfully the Herald Sun isn't sold at most outlets in WA. I can only purchase Murdoch's The Australian and sadly Saints don't get much coverage in that paper these days :(

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

What about this gem, Fish' n 'chips really understands the modern game.

My son could get 25 touches a game the way the game is played, the only difficult position is the last line of the forward line.

But Thomas says the club must play Patrick McCartin every week alongside a mixture of Tim Membrey and Josh Bruce, with 193cm forward Josh Battle recruited last year.

Hard to argue with developing a young forward line....but what about the defenders???

FORMER St Kilda coach Grant Thomas says St Kilda should play Nick Riewoldt at centre half back next year or force him to retire.

Doesn't playing Roo down back stifle the development of Goddard, Coghlan and the other young defenders? Does he replace Brown or Carlisle or does he replace a running defender like Robbo, Newness, Webster?

So it's ok to play on as long as it's not as a forward?

Good old bucket of fried chicken, roll him out when the saints are going bad and you need an irrelevant comment.

The media hacks must plss themselves laughing when they contact old licorice all sorts knowing they'll get a pearl of stupidity.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns

Btw, you forgot to call him a sack of excrement.....or is that title already reserved for you!?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Dont think its such a bad idea ROO to CHB. Still wish we had grabbed James Stewart from GWS last Year. He is developing well at Essendon and is the forward ruckman we need.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Sun 11 Jun 2017 6:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Joffa Burns

Btw, you forgot to call him a sack of excrement.....or is that title already reserved for you!?
No Scollop, you are welcome to use that term if you see fit.

Beware the Coolade brigade may not like you referring to Old scalloped potatoes with thickened cream, extra cheese and bacon tails in that manner.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I saw someone put two fried dim sims between two potato cakes and eat it like a sandwich once.