If Nothing Changes. Nothing Changes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

If Nothing Changes. Nothing Changes

Not exactly ready to draw a line under 2017. But getting oh so close. For me, personally, that is. That’s three bad losses in row. It’s contagious.

What is so bloody disappointing about Friday night, we were expected to lose and we did just as expected. Given our appalling record against the Crows what else were we going to do? We played dumbass footy and copped a much deserved hiding. It fact our demise couldn’t have been scripted better. And damn it, we followed the script to the letter.

I’m not ready to blame the coach.

Yet.

I’m still a fan of Richo. In any case, in football in the modern era, teams have multiple coaches. To single out one in particular for punishment would be to ignore our problem, which is much bigger than any one coach. Other teams are figuring us out and taking the necessary steps to shut us down. Bruce was great, Paddy is a work in progress. Where was Membrey? Gresham? Billings?

Sorry Richo, it’s too easy to say the Crows are among the league’s best defenders. You are right, of course, in saying it but good teams find a way around it. Geelong did. So why didn’t we use what they did so successfully as a template? We got one piece of the jigsaw puzzle right. Sloane hates being tagged. Koby did a great job. Unfortunately that was pretty much the only bit we got right on the night.

I thought the bye would have been opportunity to look at the previous two losses and work on rectifying mistakes. Instead, a lot of key people saw it as an opportunity to have a holiday. I’m not saying they don’t have a right to take a break. I was just surprised they did.

If nothing changes, nothing changes. What is clear is our current team is not getting the job done. Maybe they will never get the job done. Maybe it’s time that we made more than three changes. Maybe it’s time we shook things up and started playing the Brandon White’s and the Bailey Rice’s and the Nick O’Kearney’s? Seriously what have we got to lose? We are already losing.

It’s time to give away the notion of finals footy. I have. It’s time to concentrate on the basics. Improving skill levels, identifying and hitting targets. It’s time to cut the excuses, the platitudes and the BS and the players that aren’t performing and start figuring out where we go from here.

We are in a big hole that will only get deeper unless we come up with a way to climb out. If the other sides have twigged to our game plan then change the game plan. That’s what good teams do. If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Come on Richo, show us what you’ve got. We believe in you. We have to. That’s why you were hired. It’s time.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: If Nothing Changes. Nothing Changes

Sinclair demonstrates what we need to do.
We need to bloody well have guys with composure and skill to execute.

He is a Ferrari in a car park full of Corollas and Barinas.
He didn't catch the disease of panic and run like headless chook, he thought about where he was gonna deliver.

Richo is obssessed over the unskilled guys who bring pressure.

There is no way on God's Earth that we can win any more games, not with this stupid "saints footy"

And Robbo getting nice numbers is on the back of one extra defender which means we lose one in front of the ball (up forward)
Webster's absence shows up Robbo as a downhill skier in the mould of a Joey, who sits outside and says "give it to me"

Robbo slipped over last night too many times, missed ground balls, conceded way too many D50 entries.

I think Richo sees him as a cross between Rance and Josh Gibson.
Robbo would be unreal in country footy, but in AFL, sorry, he's a liability and doesn't deserve a leadership role.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee