Next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: Next week

older saint wrote:time for changes 3 losses in a row with 3 poor performances:
In: Roo,Hickey, Rice, Long
Out: Longer, Montagna, Gresham, Wright

Emergencies: Freeman, NOK * upgrade on Armitage), Wright
Roo and Hickey is ok but Rice and Long have not been setting the world on fire at VFL.
The one deserving another chance is Lonnie.

One year will be our year
older saint
SS Life Member

longtimesaint wrote:
older saint wrote:time for changes 3 losses in a row with 3 poor performances:
In: Roo,Hickey, Rice, Long
Out: Longer, Montagna, Gresham, Wright

Emergencies: Freeman, NOK * upgrade on Armitage), Wright
Roo and Hickey is ok but Rice and Long have not been setting the world on fire at VFL.
The one deserving another chance is Lonnie.
The worry is can you have Lonie and Sinclair in the same side as seem to provide the same thing. At least Long has a point of difference with pressure.
End of day it will be who has been meeting what Richo wants and not who is in the best players each week as a couple earlier wouldn't have got recalls.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Scollop wrote:Just want some of our fringe players given some more leniency and I want to back them in if they're young in footy terms and haven't played 50 games. If Richo wants us to maintain our edge in contested footy we need to keep playing Minchy imo. Maybe drop Membrey or Gresh.

Backline has not been performing. I saw too many contests where it looked like we played soft, bruise free footy. Both Carlisle and especially Brown in poor form. Brown's injury might be a blessing. Get Gilbo to fill down back, probably can hold Mason Wood. If Joey is not dropped, then he needs to get back to his riole as a winger.
I would drop Membrey in a heartbeat, but who can replace him?
Nobody seems to be putting up a hand.
Joey has to be dropped as he is not much value and has lost any influence on the ground/
Keep Wrighty and Minch and give them some confidence to find their feet in the seniors

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
stonecold
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote:
Scollop wrote:Just want some of our fringe players given some more leniency and I want to back them in if they're young in footy terms and haven't played 50 games. If Richo wants us to maintain our edge in contested footy we need to keep playing Minchy imo. Maybe drop Membrey or Gresh.

Backline has not been performing. I saw too many contests where it looked like we played soft, bruise free footy. Both Carlisle and especially Brown in poor form. Brown's injury might be a blessing. Get Gilbo to fill down back, probably can hold Mason Wood. If Joey is not dropped, then he needs to get back to his riole as a winger.
Joey has to be dropped as he is not much value and has lost any influence on the ground/
Keep Wrighty and Minch and give them some confidence to find their feet in the seniors
Rooey could be replacing Skunky this week (they will call it managed)!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
footynut
Club Player

Keep Wrighty and Minch and give them some confidence to find their feet in the seniors[/quote]

I agree take this chance to drop Membrey, and bring in Marshall (promote ftom rookie list), he can play forward, back & in the ruck, or Battle for his debut (not sure about his form).

Unless Wright can slot into the back six he goes out for D'Mac

Carlisle (inj.) Not sure who comes in... Freeman / White (onto a wing / hbf). Gilbert to take chb

Mav (inj.) Montagna on to hff / wing (must get him out of the backline).

Tommy for longer

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

This is the team that beat GWS:

B Jarryn Geary, Nathan J. Brown, Jimmy Webster
HB Jack Newnes, Jake Carlisle, Dylan Roberton
C Nick Riewoldt, Koby Stevens, Leigh Montagna
HF Jade Gresham, Josh Bruce, Jack Billings
F Nathan Wright, Tim Membrey, Jack Sinclair
FOL Billy Longer, Sebastian Ross, Jack Steven
I/C Blake Acres, Jack Steele, Sam Gilbert, Darren Minchington

That week Weller came out with an ankle injury and Wright came in.

The next week v Carlton Weller & Dunstan came in for a suspended Stevens and an omitted Wright.

The start of our rotten 3 weeks was against Sydney who beat us by 50 points on our own dung hill. McCartin, Stevens & McKenzie came in for Webster (inj), Minchington & Bruce. I think the ins and outs had thrown out our team dynamic as (a should be fitter) McCartin came in for Bruce, no other small forward came in and we had an extra midfielder with Dunstan and Stevens both playing.

Maybe we need to get back as close as possible to that side that beat GWS and see what they can do.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Thinking the same..where has that team gone.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:This is the team that beat GWS:

The next week v Carlton Weller & Dunstan came in for a suspended Stevens and an omitted Wright.

The start of our rotten 3 weeks was against Sydney who beat us by 50 points on our own dung hill. McCartin, Stevens & McKenzie came in for Webster (inj), Minchington & Bruce. I think the ins and outs had thrown out our team dynamic as (a should be fitter) McCartin came in for Bruce, no other small forward came in and we had an extra midfielder with Dunstan and Stevens both playing.

Maybe we need to get back as close as possible to that side that beat GWS and see what they can do.
On the footy show the mrs tells me (i don't watch it) that McCartin has a sore knee and Rooey will be back in. That's one piece of the puzzle but Wright is also sore.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:This is the team that beat GWS:

On the footy show the mrs tells me (i don't watch it) that McCartin has a sore knee and Rooey will be back in. That's one piece of the puzzle but Wright is also sore.
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-06-1 ... hurts-knee

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

McCartin will miss 1-2 weeks with knee soreness, Wright 1-2 weeks with a shoulder injury and Carlisle did not train yesterday and is unlikely to play. So there'll be at least three changes.

Weller trained fine yesterday but is not guaranteed selection.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The whole team has been performing under par for a month, and I would not single the backline out for too much criticism as they have been under constant pressure due to the poor defensive games from the mids and forwards. While some players can be in poor form, when the team is out of form, it's a coaching thing to resolve. I reckon the players are clearly confused in what they are supposed to be doing when they have the ball most times.

It's pretty simplistic to say, but Richo needs to get back to some coaching basics as whatever he has been trying to get the team to do (healdless chicken footy) is failing, and the opposition are having no problems countering it.

Fix it by winning the game tomorrow

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:insanity is doing the same thing over and over again,
hoping for a different result.
Maybe Finnis needs to tell Richo he is "finnished" and send AR to a university to be a sports lecturer.

Those who can, do. Those who can't- teach.
F*** mite. How about something original?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:McCartin will miss 1-2 weeks with knee soreness, Wright 1-2 weeks with a shoulder injury and Carlisle did not train yesterday and is unlikely to play. So there'll be at least three changes.

Weller trained fine yesterday but is not guaranteed selection.
Weller was one of the few who put in against the Crows