Its time to call it Richardson cant coach!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Its time to call it Richardson cant coach!

David-Lee wrote:Dont get me started on Robbo - he WAS a waste of a trade- I hear what you are saying about Carlisle being the best available but have you calculated his defending this year? Who has he shut down? I see him effectively as a forward in defense. He runs to a "lead" and takes a few marks nothing spectacular. He is smart and knows the position. But he seems to lack the ability we had in Dempster or a Fischer or Blake. He has decent speed to stay with opposition. He is not a chump but worth our precious puck? I support all our players and hope they all improve dramatically!
Before we cut Delaney, he polled in the top 5 in the Trev Barker medal.
Probably more an indication of how cr@p the whole team was.
But we've seemed to really struggle in defence, when Fisher was battling injury, Dempster was asked to play tall, he was always in the hottest part of the kitchen,
and the Tom Lee experiment fizzled and spluttered.
The club drafted Hugh not for immediate results, but to be groomed, knowing it will take time.
So Jake and NJB were signed to be the 2 pillars.
I don't know if anyone else was available. Was there? Maybe they were "the last chickens in the butchers" and we had no choice.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Montagna needs to call it quits and Riewoldt should do the right thing.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:I feel cheated. The club has made so many promises and so many slogans about success. I was gutted when we got Richardson he was never going to be the leader we need.
Then we pick a guy to be the new Reiwoldt that looked like a old school forward who stands in the square eating a sanger waiting for perfect delivery and then and only then can he have a 50/50 chance of kicking a goal.

We trade our first round pick for a guy we KNOW is likely to be sanctioned. Then he turns out to be the slowest defender who cant jump over a jam tin and incapable of stopping the big forwards in almost every game he plays.

Membrey and Bruce cost us very little and worth the effort but they only have one good year then they are easily brushed aside by defenders but these budget picks ARE hitting the packs and taking marks and kicking goals - they are amazing value but still lack.

We lost the chance in the last 3 drafts to get players who have been champions even grand final winners.

Something has to give. People say we cant get rid of Richo or WHAT? We end up with 9 wins? Guess what? We are going to end up with 9 or 10 wins anyway!!

We do not measure up against the top 8. Yes we beat GWS that was amazeballs. But that is a rare day when the gods align. We can not do it repeatedly.

I do not have the answers but the strategy stinks. The players bar a few are performing average (statistically we are very average). I think we have no real super stars but in this age of footy we dont need them. Just have a team that puts in the effort of Seb Ross every week and we will be in the finals every season.

Get a new coach and here's my call:

Scotty Burns. He is the man. When he gets a chance he will excel. Not willing to try a new guy? What about a legend like Paul Roos? He would bring a brilliant strategic mind. If we could prise Rob Harding from Bombers thar would be a great day! I would even have Brad Scott and he is very gettable right now. He is much more strategic. He has squeezed a decent run out of a pretty average playing group. Of the newbies I also like Stephen King and Brett Kirk ( I have real good vibes about him).

Our planning as a club is locked into a cycle of poor picks.
Wow feel the wrath of David - Lee!
It's like David-Lee Wrath :roll:
Sorry! This must be just like living in paradise.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

a few weeks ago, we were in the top 8, I think it was 6th.
Where are we now?

It's not GOOD ENOUGH

SICK OF THIS RUBBISH

At least when the Crows got touched up by Norf by 10 goals in the 1st qtr, they had enough cojones
to be competitive for the rest of the game.
Our idiot players just can't be bothered.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:Well it's always entertaining on saintsational straight after a loss.
Truer words have never been spoken on Saintsational

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Well it's always entertaining on saintsational straight after a loss.
Truer words have never been spoken on Saintsational
And it's even more entertaining 24 hours later with more contributions from serial entertainers.
And a new one has joined in the 'fun' (I wonder who he/she was previously?).

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Wow feel the wrath of David - Lee!
It's like David-Lee Wrath :roll:
Sorry! This must be just like living in paradise.
Gold :D

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:Dont get me started on Robbo - he WAS a waste of a trade- I hear what you are saying about Carlisle being the best available but have you calculated his defending this year? Who has he shut down? I see him effectively as a forward in defense. He runs to a "lead" and takes a few marks nothing spectacular. He is smart and knows the position. But he seems to lack the ability we had in Dempster or a Fischer or Blake. He has decent speed to stay with opposition. He is not a chump but worth our precious puck? I support all our players and hope they all improve dramatically!
Solved part of the mystery, he's a New Zealander, or a hockey player?
Just can't puck it! :oops: :oops:

lefty
Club Player

Putting out poor performances that result in not even being competitive or having some hope of winning the game is terrible for supporters.

Who's idea was it to flood in the first quarter? Seriously? It was so reactive that it basically meant we never came to actually win the game. I'd rather at least try to win, and if we lose to a better team, then so be it. I will not sit and accept trying a game plan that consists of flooding which results in a loss with no positives to look at.

Why are we not proactive? Seriously, we had no one to kick to. The midfielders look up and have no one to kick to, so they try to handball their way through. Watching this on TV, you just know you've got no chance at all of winning. I don't blame the players, this is a coaching directive.

Seriously, we had two extra defenders standing in space doing sweet nothing and having no impact on the game at all.

When Adelaide kick out of the back line, time after time, they took easy clearing marks, uncontested, with Brown and Carlisle always 5+ meters trailing their opponent. This frustrates the absolute s*** out of me. Bring back Max Hudgeton, Dempster and Fisher, these guys knew how to defend.

The whole game play and style has been crap over the last four weeks. Most importantly, our run has totally disappeared.

I'm not listening to the club anymore regarding have a break, some time off and to come back and make a statement, either through Facebook or the AFL page. I heard enough last week, I sat there and watched, and it was all pretend.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Alistair Clarkson said in presser "I can't comment on disgraceful umpiring"

Damien "Papparazzi" Barrett says Clarko will contribute to the AFL coffers.
3 other incidents with umps in about 9 years, 2 fines

Hey, we should get Clarko as coach, we have form with umps too ! He fits our DNA just perfect!!
He hates the maggots, he's a true Sainter! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: