Season 2017 is slipping away

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint wagga
Club Player

Season 2017 is slipping away

What the heck has happened since we beat Carlton? We've really lost confidence and came out tonight looking flat. We didn't have that hard edged glint in the eye where we were preparing for battle and I put that squarely on the coaching team!

Roo to come in next week and I think Montagna needs a spell. The match was effectively done at quarter time which was just shattering. Not wholesale changes...wright must go out, I'm going to put a line thru him sadly bar an injury crisis, his skill is just not good enough. Riewoldt and I'd like to see Dunstan come back in for wright. Leave Bruce membrey and mccartin alone, we MUST develop this forward line.

Dear oh dear...we now must win probably out next 2, Roos at home and freo at subi. If we lose next week, it's time to look to 2018

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Season 2017 is slipping away

It started against Carlton

No one would have it, but the signs were there...

We have played 2 good games this season

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

It's over..red rover. 2018 same same.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Max Merrett is on hold for you .....

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
suss
Club Player

Saint wagga wrote:What the heck has happened since we beat Carlton? We've really lost confidence and came out tonight looking flat. We didn't have that hard edged glint in the eye where we were preparing for battle and I put that squarely on the coaching team!

Roo to come in next week and I think Montagna needs a spell. The match was effectively done at quarter time which was just shattering. Not wholesale changes...wright must go out, I'm going to put a line thru him sadly bar an injury crisis, his skill is just not good enough. Riewoldt and I'd like to see Dunstan come back in for wright. Leave Bruce membrey and mccartin alone, we MUST develop this forward line.

Dear oh dear...we now must win probably out next 2, Roos at home and freo at subi. If we lose next week, it's time to look to 2018
Since the Carlton game we've played last year's two grand finalists and this year's premiership favourite.

Got to look at these games in context. We're an okay team that's still developing and needs elite talent. On the right track, but still a way to go.

Saint wagga
Club Player

No, I'm not buying that! We came into 2017 with intentions of doing something. We beat gws in s Friday night shootout and now we can't crack 50 points 3 games running...