Greenwood v Selwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Greenwood v Selwood

Greenwood tagged Selwood using every means possible to stop him umpires deemed his tactics as above board. We tag Sloan and the umpires gift him five frees including a deflating early goal. You cannot win with umpires destroying you at every chance.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Greenwood v Selwood

CURLY wrote:Greenwood tagged Selwood using every means possible to stop him umpires deemed his tactics as above board. We tag Sloan and the umpires gift him five frees including a deflating early goal. You cannot win with umpires destroying you at every chance.
Yep, cheating umpires cost us another match :roll: :roll: :roll:
You know the AFL sanction the cheating against us!
Bloody dirt cheats :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I only saw the second half (on tv) and my observations were that the umpires didn't cost us the game
BUT
there appeared to be 2 differing rule books out there tonight.
I didn't see too many decisions paid that were not technically correct
But what I did see was an inconsistency in giving 'technical' free kicks - almost entirely not to the Saints.
I don't know why - maybe it's the crowd factor there, but you cannot convince me that the 2 competing teams were treated equally by the umpires in their awarding of frees tonight.
Also,
I reckon Adelaide has rung the umpires during the week to 'ask' about the treatment Sloane copped last week.
He was given an absolute armchair ride tonight - we only had to look at him sideways and he received a free.
Contrast that to the treatment handed out to Jack Steven and the resulting 'protection' he didn't receive.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
CURLY wrote:Greenwood tagged Selwood using every means possible to stop him umpires deemed his tactics as above board. We tag Sloan and the umpires gift him five frees including a deflating early goal. You cannot win with umpires destroying you at every chance.
Yep, cheating umpires cost us another match :roll: :roll: :roll:
You know the AFL sanction the cheating against us!
Bloody dirt cheats :lol: :lol: :lol:
We looked on at the start then two goals from dubious at best frees took the wind out of us. The free kick count was 7-1 early with three goals from frees.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL