Over handball joke!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Over handball joke!

I posted this a few weeks back, got lashed... can we agree now?

The over use of the footy created by a terrible structure where we throw an extra through the midfield

Not sure what the numbers say, but watching it, I feel like the ratio is completely wrong

And it's an AR thing

The last 3 games, his coaching strategy has been poor

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Over handball joke!

Spot on ....over use
Handball ratio way to high...

saint4life
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

When a team tries to execute an over use, skilful sides game plan without the necessary skill its a recipe for disaster...

“Yeah….nah””
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Multiple handballs in small circles to stationary players.
Does my f****** head in.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Teflon wrote:When a team tries to execute an over use, skilful sides game plan without the necessary skill its a recipe for disaster...
Wha?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

This is like Geelong when they were dubbed the Handbag team. It's a procession of handballs followed by fumble, fumble, apple crumble.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It's what you do when you have nothing in front of the ball and an extra around the ball

You use the extra, because it's there... which causes no damage, then kick it to an outnumbered forward line, and watch it bounce back!!!

It's a flawed game style!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

The calamity of it started against carlton,amazingly 4 games later it's still happening. It's probably the dumbest thing I have seen by a sporting team in any professional code.

I have lost complete faith in the current regime.

Bring back the Lockett era
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Would love the raw numbers of the last 4 games?!

Surely it's understood by the coaches?

saintkev
Club Player

The tone was set when the pathetic, attempted, roughing up of Sloane was exposed by the team's timid attack at the ball (and the Adelaide ball-carriers). The pressure was on then to deliver and we couldn't. Instead the Saints played like self-centred scaredy cats. Seb Ross and his laughable attempt at a chest mark summed up where the team is at. The rot started with that appalling, abject, BLUE of an apology by Geary.

stonecold
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:I posted this a few weeks back, got lashed... can we agree now?

The over use of the footy created by a terrible structure where we throw an extra through the midfield

Not sure what the numbers say, but watching it, I feel like the ratio is completely wrong

And it's an AR thing

Yes, as much as it pains me, have to agree, well done BigM!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Joe Bloggs
Club Player

BigMart wrote:It's what you do when you have nothing in front of the ball and an extra around the ball

You use the extra, because it's there... which causes no damage, then kick it to an outnumbered forward line, and watch it bounce back!!!

It's a flawed game style!
It's exposed totally know. No coming back. From here.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:

And it's an AR thing

Yes, as much as it pains me, have to agree, well done BigM!!!!!
BM is spot on about this.

Sometimes we give 5 or 6 handballs in a circle in the midfield. Handball 4, 5 and 6 are always to a stationary player in a worse position than handball 2 and 3.
Often the 2nd or 3rd guy is completely clear. But then we have another 3 handballs in the circle anyway. Then we fumble and hey presto off it goes.
Or we spend so long handballing the opposition drop back and then we hack a rushed ball fwd missing any leads to an outnumbered fwd line.

It should be 2 or 3 handballs - then breakaway - then hit a target by foot.

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

We handball so much in the back half because there's no one forward to kick it to.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

That's structural... forwards either not working to get into structure

Or

A poor structure in front of the ball

Likely
A combination of two factors

saintkev
Club Player

Too frightened to take the game on....

saintkev
Club Player

Too frightened to take the game on....

St Lenny
Club Player

All the hand ball drives me bonkers. Even when we kick it, its ten ks in the air or into a pack with an opposition player at the front. Or kick backwards, they get the ball and goal. Its so predictable and SO frustrating. Its like no body wants the ball. We are woeful.

Ape_Man
Club Player

Re: Over habfhfhfhfhffyrryrfyyrhjjttigitjvnnvbvbvhvvndball j

:D cdduduidopdodeiirititiititooyoykgjhjjnmcmnvhfcudvugufuufugughggfreefjnaj;j;kljljknbngretryjkhl vnsvxvnduirityooipipyyoteiqoerojm n m gjiu
saintkev wrote:Too frightened to take the game on....
ngjthhthgfgyyyeueuqoqp[plnxnxbcnvvnvjugdyuigu7g79yf6fr8uyrrrisaactydfgggfygyfgfghfhghghutuyyty22272 nb bbvbvvbjjahhvvvv :oops: hdhggjjgjgjjbnjjukjjhjjgjfrhfgggguuuuiooilkkghhb,v nvmbcjfjffkjfjjfhgbgngmmvnnmvbbvjvhufhgggghghhghju;lkhlljvnvnblhggghbvvcvvhhvjgvhggjgjgjgjgjiru887586775755588t767776t6gcbnfbbabaghggjghhghghggghhggbhnhnhnhnnhhnnhdhhy11heiic xx nxjjdjuhrrriuehrjrirrjktkkkgkkofolotodoe,drrlekekrrmrmmkfkkkir45gryhhdjnhfjtgvttffhfghhgyguuttutyttytytu88r747464654512kgjghghhgjlgkgjgg42111e223ute6e5445tyeyfhfhfnnnghhhhhthfhhhggffgfgjgjggggnjgjgkggkgkghggfdfdfdysidiyegefjjcjjcmdjjdnjdjfffldfgftgfffcfkfhhhfgfytftgyghhghghghffgfgffbbffffhfhhgitu8yuty7y7969976 :cry: fnhffhndfhgt xchjvjjfjjfjjghj7t7t767y6jnj,kjnnvnchb gyhuvjvfjffkjkiuioiui7ityh7oijtgjtgjfjjujhjhhhujhjhhjhghhhghghujjjjvjvjvhjvhvhvjvjvjjvhbbjhhhbghythhghfyfgjfhhghghhghghgghggghghhhfhhfhfhfhfhhfhfhhfhhgggffiiekjfjjfjxnbbvbnncjffdjmhruyryryyryyfhgfgfggdtyrueghhu7679095jhhhjjhhhvvhhvvjvjoujjguodjfxuhsfhuuw8r66ttrthuuhre7yyryryruuhyyguugyygygyfgyggygfgyfggtyttrttrgtrtrygyghgyfyffyyru8rfhfhcncbbbxbx

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ape_Man wrote::D cdduduidopdodeiirititiititooyoykgjhjjnmcmnvhfcudvugufuufugughggfreefjnaj;j;kljljknbngretryjkhl vnsvxvnduirityooipipyyoteiqoerojm n m gjiu
ngjthhthgfgyyyeueuqoqp[plnxnxbcnvvnvjugdyuigu7g79yf6fr8uyrrrisaactydfgggfygyfgfghfhghghutuyyty22272 nb bbvbvvbjjahhvvvv :oops: hdhggjjgjgjjbnjjukjjhjjgjfrhfgggguuuuiooilkkghhb,v nvmbcjfjffkjfjjfhgbgngmmvnnmvbbvjvhufhgggghghhghju;lkhlljvnvnblhggghbvvcvvhhvjgvhggjgjgjgjgjiru887586775755588t767776t6gcbnfbbabaghggjghhghghggghhggbhnhnhnhnnhhnnhdhhy11heiic xx nxjjdjuhrrriuehrjrirrjktkkkgkkofolotodoe,drrlekekrrmrmmkfkkkir45gryhhdjnhfjtgvttffhfghhgyguuttutyttytytu88r747464654512kgjghghhgjlgkgjgg42111e223ute6e5445tyeyfhfhfnnnghhhhhthfhhhggffgfgjgjggggnjgjgkggkgkghggfdfdfdysidiyegefjjcjjcmdjjdnjdjfffldfgftgfffcfkfhhhfgfytftgyghhghghghffgfgffbbffffhfhhgitu8yuty7y7969976 :cry: fnhffhndfhgt xchjvjjfjjfjjghj7t7t767y6jnj,kjnnvnchb gyhuvjvfjffkjkiuioiui7ityh7oijtgjtgjfjjujhjhhhujhjhhjhghhhghghujjjjvjvjvhjvhvhvjvjvjjvhbbjhhhbghythhghfyfgjfhhghghhghghgghggghghhhfhhfhfhfhfhhfhfhhfhhgggffiiekjfjjfjxnbbvbnncjffdjmhruyryryyryyfhgfgfggdtyrueghhu7679095jhhhjjhhhvvhhvvjvjoujjguodjfxuhsfhuuw8r66ttrthuuhre7yyryryruuhyyguugyygygyfgyggygfgyfggtyttrttrgtrtrygyghgyfyffyyru8rfhfhcncbbbxbx
well yes and no.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Ape_Man wrote::D cdduduidopdodeiirititiititooyoykgjhjjnmcmnvhfcudvugufuufugughggfreefjnaj;j;kljljknbngretryjkhl vnsvxvnduirityooipipyyoteiqoerojm n m gjiu
I agree mostly - but I really must take offense to this:
Ape_Man wrote:drrlekekrrmrmmkfkkkir45gryhhdjnhfjtgvttffhfghhgyguuttutyttytytu88r747464654512kgjghghhgjlgkgjgg42111e223ute6e5445tyeyfhfhfnnnghhhhhthfhhhggffgfgjgjggggnjgjgkggkgkghggfdfdfdysidiyegefjjcjjcmdjjdnjdjfffldfgftgfffcfkfhhhfgfytftgyghhghghghffgfgffbbffffhfhhgitu8yuty7y7969976
It is well out of order!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
happy feet
Club Player

And it's an AR thing

Not often I agree with you BM but you're right on the money. Over hand balling because we have to give the forwards time to get back due to the flood, is making us the turnover kings of the AFL. And when we can manage to get it through the midfield the forwards don't get a chance to set properly. I drives me nuts watching it.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:

And it's an AR thing

Not often I agree with you BM but you're right on the money. Over hand balling because we have to give the forwards time to get back due to the flood, is making us the turnover kings of the AFL. And when we can manage to get it through the midfield the forwards don't get a chance to set properly. I drives me nuts watching it.
We play plus 1 in the back line to free up Roberton.
We have an extra around the stoppage which leaves the forwards outmanned.

On top of this our mids and backs lack the speed to break the lines or burst away from the packs, therefore they revert to the get out of jail handball. Not sure it's the game plan, just what they do when under pressure and lacking confidence.

Too many want to give it off and go backward as opposed to take responsibility and take the game on.
Maybe it is lack of confidence, ability, leg speed???

Selection is also puzzling.

How could Bruce & Hickey play twos while the likes of DMac, Wright, Minch, Longer etc play. Yes I know they play different positions and structure. Longer is a statue after the ruck contest.

Wright must never play another senior game, he does not have the skills for AFL football.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I laughed more than i should SainterDad.

A lot more than i should.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We're pretending we can do it as well as the Bulldogs. Trying to play like millionaires, thinking it worked well for the Doggies last year, so maybe it can help us. Problem is we don't execute. We haven't practiced like they have for 2 years and we don't have the high draft picks they do in our midfield.