Worst StKilda team in 15 years

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Worst StKilda team in 15 years

White Winmar wrote:As long as we have so many players who are ordinary by foot, we'll never improve. Seriously, how many players do we have who hurt the opposition by foot? Maybe Billings, Gresham, Robbo and Ross? None of them elite either. More like good. Even our best player, Stuv, is nowhere elite with his disposal. Remember when we had Goddard, Dal Santo, Hayes, Guerra, Harvey, Fisher, Jones? Those players were what was required. The current mob are lucky to hit the side of a barn. As well as our number one pick, who can't kick straight for goal. What hope do we have? The coach can't kick it for them.
Sinclair has great composure and I hope he keeps getting 20+ touches, he is silk.
He's Sebastian Vettel in a sea of Nascar drivers.

If we get Kelly and two other accurate mids, we can improve next year,
but this year - draw a line after the Giants game. It's done and dusted.

Dead in the water.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Are you kidding me? Our team in 2002 had far better skills than this flock of galahs.
I remember 2002 very well and that team did not play better than our current side.

Anyway, back to 2017:
we played the major part of the game in our forward 50 after quarter time, but we just bombed the ball into our forward line, and had nobody at ground level to crumb the ball. Paddy and Weller marked a few but didn't convert, and in perfect conditions that is just unforgivable at this level.
The lack of tackling ability is a major problem too, as is the lack of pace and skills in the midfield. Frankly, I am just glad that I always believed we were a mid-table side all along, because if I was counting on finals this year I would be very disappointed.

To me, we look like an undisciplined classroom, full of kids with differing ability who have a teacher who doesn't have the confidence and content knowledge to get the best out of the students' potential, so the kids run wild, get out of control and learn nothing. The players look all at sea, and are clearly trying but lack the application.

We badly miss Hickey and Armo, that is very obvious, and the lack of accountability in the midfield is making our defenders' lives a misery. Did you all notice how towards the end of the fourth quarter we had managed to get the score board looking somewhat respectable, or least less embarrassing, only to give up ridiculously easy junk time goals right at the end of the game? That suggests we're not fit enough.

Last year we lost to the Dogs by 57 (this year 40), the Swans by 71 (this year by 50) and to the Crows by 88 (this year 57), so looking at things from that angle we have improved, but it' difficult to tell by how much.

For me the desire to win wasn't there last night. We were beaten before we even went onto the ground.

We haven't beaten North Melbourne since 2011, and in 2012 and 2016 there was only one position separating us on the ladder, so to that end we have a perfect opportunity to see if we have really improved or if it is all just green corn. There can be no honourable loss next week. The club, from the prez to the bootstudder need to focus all of their intention on one thing - beating North Melbourne. We need to be absolutely ruthless if we are to win this one. They don't have the seasoned veterans they had last year, so they'll need to prepare for a team who are hungry and have displayed an eagerness to win the ball.

I think we do need to look at dropping players who don't look to be up to it, with no regard for reputation or credits in the bank, and replace those guys with those in the reserves that deserve it.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

With respect mate, Jones was no hot s*** kick.

derby Street
Club Player

saynta wrote:With respect mate, Jones was no hot s*** kick.
Aussie? :shock:

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
saynta wrote:With respect mate, Jones was no hot s*** kick.
Aussie? :shock:
Obviously didn't see Timmy Watson coach

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

We were atrocious in 2014.

takeaway
Club Player

Definitely the worst team in AFL/VFL History. What a laughable thread