Monty rings Derm

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Monty rings Derm

Joey should be dropped to the Zebs
and not come back until the last game, for a farewell.

Yes, he is definitely holding back the club

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Sainternist wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Dermie is right on this one.
HE should have learnt something about the game after being at 3 CLUBS. :roll: :roll:
He also has 5 flags. Which is 5 x more than our entire club.

Great footballer, ordinary bloke
He was recruited from Frankston. Not sure how Hawthorn had dibs over him, considering Franskston was right in the thick of our recruiting zone. Perhaps he hated St.Kilda even way back then and requested Hawthorn recruit him instead of us.
Frankston was the Dawks zone. Always was. You might recall that Stewart Loewe was a Dawks junior - played U19s for them but they got rid of him.

Go you red, black & white warriors
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I just want to defend Derm a bit here. I meet him many years (like 15 at least) he was a client were i was working.
And he was a really lovely guy to me.
Knew i was a huge footy fan - and always chatted about the week.
Granted I dont know him very well but I wouldnt describe him at all how he has been on here.

If Joey is done - and i think he is - its just really sad.
It was sad when harvs and buckets - kosi - enter every great player/long serving player is finished.
SO badly would like to see them rewarded.
Poor Joey.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:I just want to defend Derm a bit here. I meet him many years (like 15 at least) he was a client were i was working.
And he was a really lovely guy to me.
Knew i was a huge footy fan - and always chatted about the week.
Granted I dont know him very well but I wouldnt describe him at all how he has been on here.

If Joey is done - and i think he is - its just really sad.
It was sad when harvs and buckets - kosi - enter every great player/long serving player is finished.
SO badly would like to see them rewarded.
Poor Joey.
hows the hangover today?

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

The kids woke me at 5.30.

I still hate beer.

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... fbd689fde3
I saw the article on the Friday and I actually phoned Dermott ... I just thought when it was a personal cheap shot and almost taking the mickey out of me, I didn’t think that was appropriate.

“I just asked if he had an issue with me and if there was anything that I need to know because I’ve never really had any issues with Dermott.

“It was good for me to be able to get that off my chest and speak to him. He gave me a response which was OK, but we move on.”

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
HE should have learnt something about the game after being at 3 CLUBS. :roll: :roll:

Great footballer, ordinary bloke
He was recruited from Frankston. Not sure how Hawthorn had dibs over him, considering Franskston was right in the thick of our recruiting zone. Perhaps he hated St.Kilda even way back then and requested Hawthorn recruit him instead of us.
Frankston was the Dawks zone. Always was. You might recall that Stewart Loewe was a Dawks junior - played U19s for them but they got rid of him.
From memory we had Frankston and MP in the 60's but reining saw it go to Dawks in early 70's.

Surely Loris or someone who watched more 60's footy than me would recall this better than I.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SuperSaint
Club Player

Montagna should watch his performances this year especially in the games where he needed to be accountable or play with any form of inspiring leadership. Roo still does that but Montagna hasn't for a long time. He is finished. The king of cheap, ineffective possessions and softest player out there by a mile. The team does not need him anymore as he no longer offers value to the team onfield. Dermie is right. Montagna has and continues to hold up the development of a young player which is so important going forward now.

stonecold
SS Life Member

If you need to ring media on comments made about you, your finished!!!!!

See Time to Shoot Bambi Thread!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else able to share more light on this?

Deem is apparently great mates w Watters (defended him tooth and nail when sacked - remember when he called in to SEN???) and Joey pretty key when asking for a trade (allegedly) to Essendon due to Watters.

Anyways listening to Joey on SEN there was a tone of, let's have a chat about the issue w Derm making his article personal.

Derm has an agenda - will refuse to watch anything he contributes to now.

George27
Club Player

From memory we had Frankston and MP in the 60's but reining saw it go to Dawks in early 70's.

Surely Loris or someone who watched more 60's footy than me would recall this better than I.[/quote]

Joffa - I can help you out here. Zoning came in in 1968. I believe the zones were drawn from a hat.We got Ballarat, Hawks got Mornington Peninsula. We got some great players from our zone, including the 2 stars from whom you have taken your name... and of course Plugger.. but the Hawks got Lethal ( who must have come in 69) and Dermie and a host of others.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Anyone else able to share more light on this?

Deem is apparently great mates w Watters (defended him tooth and nail when sacked - remember when he called in to SEN???) and Joey pretty key when asking for a trade (allegedly) to Essendon due to Watters.

Anyways listening to Joey on SEN there was a tone of, let's have a chat about the issue w Derm making his article personal.

Yep this makes sense… basically Roo & Joey were going to leave if the club kept Dermie's mate, he was that much of a smoker…

I back Montagna to be in out best this week, hopefully he doesn't have to play a goal keeper role which is strange for a small mid… I reckon Paddy could do with some of his delivery from a wing.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Spinner wrote:Anyone else able to share more light on this?

Yep this makes sense… basically Roo & Joey were going to leave if the club kept Dermie's mate, he was that much of a smoker…

I back Montagna to be in out best this week, hopefully he doesn't have to play a goal keeper role which is strange for a small mid… I reckon Paddy could do with some of his delivery from a wing.
Joey ordered and paid for the dwarves. Dermie has an agenda. Dislikes our club and dislikes Joey. Biggest tool in football.

Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Do the Maths. It's 4 more.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Also very unfair to say Joey never gets hardball contested footy.
He has been terrific inside and outside through his career.
I can't remember any occasion where he squibbed a contest.
Dermot is a nob.

Nee!
Darth Vader
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Might want to re-read.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Might want to re-read.
Yes it's 5 times but 4 more sounds more realistic

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

To those in this thread calling out Joey as soft, really? You call yourself supporters?

270 or so games with the club and twice all australian, he has earnt and deserves some respect.

Anyway, define soft for me, no don't cause you don't get it

He may finish his career this week, next week or round 23, it doesn't matter he can call it. We want to see off our champions better than some other clubs.

Personally I would like to see him given a go in the forward line, he has all the smarts to kicks goals and find the ball.

fqf

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:The kids woke me at 5.30.

I still hate beer.
FWIW, I love pineapple on my pizza, although some believe it is sacreligious. Pfft! What would they know ? :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:The kids woke me at 5.30.
AM or PM?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

So why react defensively or react publically at all. Richo could have light heartedly dismissed it rather than give DB credibility and the claim oxygen. Same same with the abject one sided public apology to Mark Murphy (but this is not in any way condoning sledging). Perhaps the players/coaches have lost the perspective to lighten up over such non performance things and toughen up over your actual playing. Richo would probably never do stand up, but.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote:So why react defensively or react publically at all. Richo could have light heartedly dismissed it rather than give DB credibility and the claim oxygen. Same same with the abject one sided public apology to Mark Murphy (but this is not in any way condoning sledging). Perhaps the players/coaches have lost the perspective to lighten up over such non performance things and toughen up over your actual playing. Richo would probably never do stand up, but.
Pretty pissweak first post. You either have balls or let arsewipes crawl all over you. Richo did the right thing in sticking up for his player.

"

ST KILDA coach Alan Richardson has lashed out at Hawthorn great Dermott Brereton over his "incredibly disrespectful" treatment of Saints veteran Leigh Montagna.

Brereton dissected the underperforming team, now 12th with a 5-6 record, and Montagna's place in it in a News Corporation column on Friday.

He criticised Montagna's kicking coming out of defence and questioned his future beyond this season, but raised the ire of Richardson when he wrote, "There's a joke around the league that the hardest contested ball Montagna will fight for is against a teammate to take the kick-in after a behind."

Montagna revealed he had called Brereton to discuss what he felt was a cheap shot and his coach backed him up on Monday night.

"I thought it was incredibly disrespectful," Richardson said on Fox Footy.

"Joey's been such an outstanding performer for a very long time ... when that (criticism) comes from someone like Dermott ... I thought it was really poor.

"And I think Joey's been on record to say that he's OK with people having a go at his footy and challenging where he's at from a footy perspective.

"Joey's been a pretty strong performer for us this year ... he's had a bad game.

"The club had a bad game, you could pick out many players who didn't perform well, but I thought it was pretty poor form by Dermott."

shrodes
SS Life Member

Derm still going
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/06/13/ ... agna-derm/

Very salty about his mate Watters by the looks of it.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Monty rings Derm
Might have been a welfare check.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post