We will likely be smashed by Adelaide tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milne
Club Player

We will likely be smashed by Adelaide tonight

Out of all the games this year, this was the one that I've always considered the least likely we will win.

For whatever reason, we never seem to play our best over there.

I'm hoping that we can be competitive, and start to turn things around from our previous poor performances against the dogs and Sydney.

Let's not go too crazy if we lose by the expected 5 goals plus though. Adelaide will be very difficult to beat at home tonight.

Grrrrr
Club Player

Re: We will likely be smashed by Adelaide tonight

How about they just forfeit the match then? :roll:

Milne
Club Player

Grrrrr wrote:How about they just forfeit the match then? :roll:
Talking about setting realistic expectations about tonight rather than simply giving up.

Most likely outcome, as the odds suggest, is that we will be beaten convincingly.

What I'm hoping for is:

1. Us putting in a more competitive performance compared to the previous games
2. The forum not melting down because we didn't win a game we weren't expected to win.

It doesn't mean I won't be screaming at my TV tonight and hoping for a win.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I think we will win. Saints by 10 points.
If we aren't set for this one we never will be

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Ive put my bet on Mav to kick first goal - as i do every week.. and he gets close every week - just once its gonna work..
The rest on the saints to win.

Ive cooked the kids dinner - its ready.. Ive been to get my drinks.. Ill order my pizza as soon as they get to bed and then its game time.
Im anticipating the crows to win. But im so damn hopeful the saints will bring the mongrel. the touch of the ferals.
I wanna see what all the hypes about with this team. and I think we might see it tonight. If I dont - that will be really disappointing for me - more so then the lose im expecting to see.
Either way - Im having a mum off duty night! Footys on and its a long weekend! Im excited! CARN SAINTERS!

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Adelaide have played some woeful football in the past month just like us… smashed by north by 10 goals, Melbourne at home and they were pathetic against Geelong last week.

Their best is obviously very good, but we shouldn't be scared of them at all. I think they have better skills across the board so we will need to apply serious pressure to keep the game on our terms, keep a few of their damaging down hill skiers in check and we will be in it.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:Ive put my bet on Mav to kick first goal - as i do every week.. and he gets close every week - just once its gonna work..

Ive cooked the kids dinner - its ready.. Ive been to get my drinks.. Ill order my pizza as soon as they get to bed and then its game time.
Im anticipating the crows to win. But im so damn hopeful the saints will bring the mongrel. the touch of the ferals.
I wanna see what all the hypes about with this team. and I think we might see it tonight. If I dont - that will be really disappointing for me - more so then the lose im expecting to see.
Either way - Im having a mum off duty night! Footys on and its a long weekend! Im excited! CARN SAINTERS!
I hope that you got onto the Amberley 'Kiss & Tell' Moscato that Grays had for $28.00 a dozen (Dan's had it at $11.36 a bottle)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
minneapolis
Club Player

dals_da_bomb wrote:Ive put my bet on Mav to kick first goal - as i do every week.. and he gets close every week - just once its gonna work..

What kind of pizza?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Adelaide have played some woeful football in the past month just like us… smashed by north by 10 goals, Melbourne at home and they were pathetic against Geelong last week.

Their best is obviously very good, but we shouldn't be scared of them at all. I think they have better skills across the board so we will need to apply serious pressure to keep the game on our terms, keep a few of their damaging down hill skiers in check and we will be in it.
And limiting Sloanes influence will go a long way to achieving this

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Milne wrote:Out of all the games this year, this was the one that I've always considered the least likely we will win.

For whatever reason, we never seem to play our best over there.

I'm hoping that we can be competitive, and start to turn things around from our previous poor performances against the dogs and Sydney.

Let's not go too crazy if we lose by the expected 5 goals plus though. Adelaide will be very difficult to beat at home tonight.

I'm reluctantly bullish about tonight.

I'm also bracing myself for a mega thrashing!

Basically, I have no idea which way it will go.

It's very much a 'line in the sand' game tonight. A flogging will be a big problem for the club. It will raise serious questions and the club will find it difficult to convince supporters of their answers.

A win on the road against a good team could turn things completely for this team.

Very intriguing game.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Let's invoke the spirit of 2005 and 2009. Nobody gave us a chance in either game. I still remember the look of horror on The Adelaide fans' faces as their "certain premiership" began to slip from their grasp. The silence was deafening. I would've loved to have seen Blighty's face after the game in which Banger, the "man who doesn't hurt you", tore them a new one. Partial revenge for 1997. Was Blighty commentating in those days? Don't forget the 2008 preseason flag. Another time we silenced the morons. Hopefully we spoil their party again tonight. It's my birthday Sainters. Deliver me a present!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

1. Im a fan of moscato so this is a promising suggestion. Thank you.
But tonight im really keeping it 'Footy style' and having some Jim Beam stubbies.

I have no idea why im suddenly embarrassed by this.

2. Pizza only comes in one form.. the lot - with extra anchovies (and it DOES have pineapple)

Johnny Member - great post.
Tonights a huge game. I think im just excited to see how it pans out. If it goes sour as you said - what wil the fall out be? will there be a fall out? Are we waiting for a fall out?
If we win - How tightly is the lid screwed? Hows the response going to be? Seasons looking back on track. Will be hard to wipe the smile off the masses.

One game 100 different ways it could pan out.
Its like a good book - i cant wait to turn the next page.
You nailed it - line in the sand stuff!

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote: I'm reluctantly bullish about tonight.

I'm also bracing myself for a mega thrashing!

Basically, I have no idea which way it will go.
This. Equal parts terrified and optimistic.

Always loyal
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I think we'll be competitive.

If we'll win or not is another matter.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

For me we just need to be competitive. Obviously a win would be brilliant, but we need to show ourselves that we can compete with these top teams. A flogging would be very demoralising.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I have prepared myself mentally for a hiding...I will not be upset after the game except for maybe thinking we were going to be a lot better than what we are now based on early form.

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

This game will truly show where we are at. Soul searching done ..nice rest .. rehearse the game plan pep talks re alignment etc etc we should be primed and at our best.. If we fail dismally we have no excuses we are miles away questions will be asked. But I feel a gws moment tonight ..go saints

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:1. Im a fan of moscato so this is a promising suggestion. Thank you.
But tonight im really keeping it 'Footy style' and having some Jim Beam stubbies.

I have no idea why im suddenly embarrassed by this.
Best try this quickly!

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0005-245 ... 5?spr=true

― Aristophanes

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Joe Bloggs wrote:This game will truly show where we are at. Soul searching done ..nice rest .. rehearse the game plan pep talks re alignment etc etc we should be primed and at our best.. If we fail dismally we have no excuses we are miles away questions will be asked. But I feel a gws moment tonight ..go saints
I said the Sydney game would show where we are at...now I know where we are at.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Regardless of the result, we are all winners tonight.

That link! (like button)

Myron Gaines
Club Player

It's gonna get ugly

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader
Club Player

Milne wrote:
Grrrrr wrote:How about they just forfeit the match then? :roll:
Talking about setting realistic expectations about tonight rather than simply giving up.

Most likely outcome, as the odds suggest, is that we will be beaten convincingly.

What I'm hoping for is:

1. Us putting in a more competitive performance compared to the previous games
2. The forum not melting down because we didn't win a game we weren't expected to win.

It doesn't mean I won't be screaming at my TV tonight and hoping for a win.
Agree on 1 but have to disagree on 2. This place's meltdowns are the only thing making losses tolerable! Just grab the popcorn, sit back and enjoy!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Forum meltdowns are enjoyable and cathartic I agree.
With no shittypest at least it's just te real fans venting

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
shrodes
SS Life Member

Teams coming off the bye struggle to win. Though our win against the Cats last year was both one of our best, and also directly after the bye, so who knows.