Congrats Mav and Billy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Congrats Mav and Billy

Mav reaches 100 Career games in Adelaide - 68 for the Saints

Equals Robert Muir, and Stephen Powell and passes Board member Dean Anderson for games played for the Saints
Just 1 less than Darrel Baldock- and has passed Zac Dawson Aaron Fiora and Jason Triannides.

and Billy Reaches 50 Career games - 41 for the Saints

to note- same number as Cain Ackland and Trent Knobel

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/teams/stkilda.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Congrats Mav and Billy

Kudos to those guys. I bet you Mav is glad to get there

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/471 ... ud-moment/
Some may have doubted whether Maverick Weller would get to celebrate many milestone games in the AFL when he was delisted by Gold Coast at the end of 2013.

But the former Burnie product always had faith he would find another club, and now he gets to celebrate his first major milestone when he runs out for St Kilda on Friday night in his 100th game.

“It’s incredibly humbling and something I’m really proud of,” Weller said.

“I know my family are proud of my efforts as well and it’s probably something I’ll look back on after my career and really cherish all the milestones games.

“My stint up there (at the Gold Coast) was pretty short but I always had the belief that I could make it somewhere.

“My attitude was that when that road ended I was going to go somewhere else – I’ve come down to St Kilda and it couldn’t have gone any better.”

“It’s definitely been a journey and it’s pretty scary to see my changes from my first game in terms of the way I go about the game now and me as a player.

“But seven years in the system has gone pretty quick and you have to enjoy that journey.”

After losses in the past two games by 50 and 40 points, the Saints need a turnaround in form if they to get a win against Adelaide in front of over 40,000 rabid Crows fans and celebrate Weller’s occasion.

The 25-year-old hopes that with a bye last week, his team have ironed out some of their problems.

It’s incredibly humbling and something I’m really proud of.
- Maverick Weller on playing his 100th AFL game.

“We were a bit disappointed with the footy we’ve played over the last two games and we’ve reviewed it pretty strongly,” he said.

“I feel like we’ve made some changes in the way we move the footy and they should help us in the second half of the year and hopefully a run to the finals.

“We’re really looking forward to the game and it’s a great opportunity for our club to take a step forward.

“What better way to do than to go over to Adelaide and knock over the Crows on their home deck.

“The last few weeks I’ve had a bit of an ankle injury, so the bye was good to freshen up and get my body and mind right.”

One area Weller is trying to improve on personally is his disposal and kicking for goal, which sits at 8.13 so far this season.

”I probably haven’t quite finished my work off this year, which is probably a reflection on the team,” Weller said.

“I’ve had my opportunities and felt good but it just hasn’t clicked.

“It’s something I’m working hard on, and and it’s been a bit difficult the last few weeks with a sore foot to get out on the park and do what’s needed.

“It just the way it is at the moment, but you have to have a shooters mentality – if you miss one then the next one is going through.”

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
lintonstreet
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/471 ... ud-moment/
Some may have doubted whether Maverick Weller would get to celebrate many milestone games in the AFL when he was delisted by Gold Coast at the end of 2013.

But the former Burnie product always had faith he would find another club, and now he gets to celebrate his first major milestone when he runs out for St Kilda on Friday night in his 100th game.

“It’s incredibly humbling and something I’m really proud of,” Weller said.

“I know my family are proud of my efforts as well and it’s probably something I’ll look back on after my career and really cherish all the milestones games.

“My stint up there (at the Gold Coast) was pretty short but I always had the belief that I could make it somewhere.

“My attitude was that when that road ended I was going to go somewhere else – I’ve come down to St Kilda and it couldn’t have gone any better.”

“It’s definitely been a journey and it’s pretty scary to see my changes from my first game in terms of the way I go about the game now and me as a player.

“But seven years in the system has gone pretty quick and you have to enjoy that journey.”

After losses in the past two games by 50 and 40 points, the Saints need a turnaround in form if they to get a win against Adelaide in front of over 40,000 rabid Crows fans and celebrate Weller’s occasion.

The 25-year-old hopes that with a bye last week, his team have ironed out some of their problems.

It’s incredibly humbling and something I’m really proud of.
- Maverick Weller on playing his 100th AFL game.

“We were a bit disappointed with the footy we’ve played over the last two games and we’ve reviewed it pretty strongly,” he said.

“I feel like we’ve made some changes in the way we move the footy and they should help us in the second half of the year and hopefully a run to the finals.

“We’re really looking forward to the game and it’s a great opportunity for our club to take a step forward.

“What better way to do than to go over to Adelaide and knock over the Crows on their home deck.

“The last few weeks I’ve had a bit of an ankle injury, so the bye was good to freshen up and get my body and mind right.”

One area Weller is trying to improve on personally is his disposal and kicking for goal, which sits at 8.13 so far this season.

”I probably haven’t quite finished my work off this year, which is probably a reflection on the team,” Weller said.

“I’ve had my opportunities and felt good but it just hasn’t clicked.

“It’s something I’m working hard on, and and it’s been a bit difficult the last few weeks with a sore foot to get out on the park and do what’s needed.

“It just the way it is at the moment, but you have to have a shooters mentality – if you miss one then the next one is going through.”
How can you not love his attitude.
His ankle I understand if fine and he will be playing this week without a jab.
Unlike the Mav critics on this site, I predict he will bounce back in the second half as that's what champions do.
I'm also expecting a big game from our captain.
Unlike Wellard I'm backing our leadership group to stand up and set a platform for 2018.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I hope so Linton...

My goodness why have them played him so consistently if all he needed was a week off to recover from injury. I've been critical of his form to date this season but it's only because we saw how well he can play on a consistent basis last year.

Really rate the kid and want to see him back to his best.