Kelly and May

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kelly and Ma

White Winmar wrote: 3. Yes, we do have too many half back flankers already.
That's a bit harsh WW, I know you weren't happy with his post but calling Jaxsons a "half back flanker" :wink:

You are correct, if Jaxsons was senior in the club or a decision maker he/she certainly wouldn't come on a fan forum and release any critical information.
He/She obviously has some connection, maybe a family member or clerk and is happy to share some tidbits and that is great for the forum.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kelly and May

Gord...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

SaintPav wrote:Gord...
agreed

stuff who is coming to stkilda -or- not coming
I find it far more intriguing to read forum "itk's" posters battle it out for supremacy on the keyboard
foot soldiers fall in behind the battle flags

Fake news fake news Im drowning in fake neeeews

Seeya
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Take 2 Covfefe tablets and lie down for a few hours

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Long Term Injury
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
Hahahahahaha Gold!
And thanks jaxons, any news and reality checks are very much appreciated

Joe Bloggs
Club Player

Appreciate your time Jaxson some on here have waaaay took much time on their hands.

HarryM
Club Player

Joe Bloggs wrote:Appreciate your time Jaxson some on here have waaaay took much time on their hands.
Also some on here have friends in the Media. :D

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

HarryM wrote:
Joe Bloggs wrote:Appreciate your time Jaxson some on here have waaaay took much time on their hands.
I'm confused, that would imply thaf the media has clue

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
stonecold
SS Life Member

HarryM wrote:
Sux to be them the then, who wants to be friends with scumsucking media filth!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

HarryM wrote:
At least we have some friends. :D :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
Gold mate, pure gold. :D

jaxons
Club Player

Re: Kelly and Ma

White Winmar wrote:
jaxons wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
jaxons wrote:
White Winmar wrote:I'm with you on this, JB. Whitfield is very gettable, my thauthes tell me. Hopper and Smith will be like Steele. Hidden guns looking for opportunity. We could get all three and still bid for Dusty. Don't forget Rockliffe and Pittard. Would cost us nothing but Salary cap space, which we have plenty of. The one no one is mentioning is Schache. I'd go hard for him. We need another tall forward as much as we need mids. Rumour mill has Paddy willing to go to Geelong. Three way swap with Brisbane is a possibility. Paddy to Geelong, Schache to saints, Geelong player and picks to Brisbane. Would you do it? I'd be sorely tempted, I have to say.

Do you just make stuff up or do you get people on BigFooty to do it for you?
Never read so much garbage in one post.
I suppose you never read your own then ? :D

Paddy, despite dating Bill Brownless's daughter, has no interest in going to Geelong, he is signed for a while, loves the Saints and is here to stay as long as we want him, which we do.
Whitfield is signed to GWS until the end of next year.
Hopper and Smith want to stay at Giants but may be squeezed out if Kelly stays a Giant.
Why would we go for Pittard when we have an abundance of half back flankers on the list?
Schache is not coming Saints.
Free country you can say what you want, although when you write stuff that has no truth or credibility you need to be held accountable.
Held to account by you, Jaxons? The moral compass of the site as well as oracle in residence? Wow, you really have drunk your own bath water, haven't you? Let's examine your post in a bit of forensic detail, shall we? I know you are not used to being challenged, but here goes.

1. No one said we are going to trade Paddy. Not for Schache or anyone else. My information, which comes from a senior writer is that Geelong believes Paddy is "gettable", either at the end of this year or next. They have had discussions as to what might be needed to lever him out as he would suit their upcoming needs. Their rationale is they could do a better job of developing Paddy than the saints (Geelong thinks they are better at everything than we are), he has strong family ties in the area and is dating a local girl who happens to be the daughter of a club legend. That's all. Would you do a deal if it came along is all I asked. You said no. And as you mentioned "we" are happy to have him, I believe you are referring to the club and not just yourself. :roll:

2. Whitfield is signed until 2018? Big deal. Contracts are broken every day in this game. Again, the right deal may prise him loose. Hopper and Smith are worthy options in my opinion. Kelly as well. So we are in furious agreement on this one. Of course we're not going to get all of them. One would do.

3. Yes, we do have too many half back flankers already. Pity they are not performing. In case you hadn't noticed we are one of the worst rebounding teams in the competition, meaning our incumbents are a long way short of what is required. Refer to The thread on defensive stats to see the ugly truth. Pittard would be an upgrade on all of them ATM. A player who is in AA discussions. Apart from Robbo and maybe Jill, we have no one performing at that level, or anywhere near it.

4. On a final note, I don't recall seeing anyone else in the room when I was given the tidbit of info. I note you haven't claimed to ba itk at Geelong, but enlighten us if you are. So, when you have no idea what you're talking about you need to be held to account. It is disturbing to think that an itk who speaks on behalf of the club would be so dismissive of any information which might indicate another club is targeting a required player. It has also been widely speculated on in the media, so it's hardly a secret.

Remember, Freo pinched Ross from under our noses and we do have a very sad track record of losing great players, don't we? Ditterich, Lockett, Stewart, Winmar, Everitt, Hall etc. so we do have priors for being a little careless with our stars. On a final note, I wonder what the club would think about a true ITK coming onto a fan forum? You've launched at a few more than me, when they had the audacity to challenge you. If you can't take a bit of constructive criticism, I suggest you build your cult over at BF.
Good post mate, I don't get into the habit of arguing with fellow Saints supporters and not about to start now.

However, I just want to check in on the 3 way possible swap with Brisbane, where we get Schache and Geelong get Paddy. :D :D :D

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-06-08 ... lions-news

Yeah and Paddy really is open to going to Geelong, this grab from 3 weeks ago:

As I said it is a free country say what you want, but please just asking that you give us some accurate information instead of making stuff up.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

god Caroline is gorgeous

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

No problems, Jaxons. Let's just leave it there. I stand by what I reported here, as being an accurate rendition of what was told to me. Of course Paddy would say that publicly. It's probably true, but what else would he say at this early stage? Are you seriously suggesting that everything footballers and clubs announce in the media is true and accurate? Spare me.

Your beef should be with Geelong, not me. As I stated, it's their idea, not Paddy's or the club's. It's not made up. I resent your accusation. The fact you keep repeating that shows you've failed to understand my post, or you have nothing to actually show it is false and you hope by repeating yourself, you'll convince others. Then you iced the cake by using Twitter and Craig Hutchison and a confected doorstop with Paddy as proof. Nobody ever lies on Twitter do they? As for the Schache deal, the question was asked, would you do it? That's all.

Has our club made or prepared approaches to numerous players from other clubs? I think you'll have to admit they have. If they haven't, they are acting incompetently or being negligent in their duties. Calm down, take a deep breath and read my original post again. Reflect upon it, and I think you'll find it was speculation based on facts reported. If you are an itk, you'd know that all football clubs indulge in the sort of behaviour Geelong just has. Ours included. It's why 99% of trade rumours don't come to fruition. In future, when accusing others of making up things, make sure you can back it up. I look forward to your contributions in the future and trust they will justify your self appointed position as this site's resident ITK.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Close this thread.
No good player with half a brain will consider coming to us. We are rabble.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Close this thread.
No good player with half a brain will consider coming to us. We are rabble.
I've always been a optimist with us, but we should probably go to the draft

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
longtimesaint
Club Player

GWS also lost by nearly 10 goals in Adelaide, Richmond by 75 points so we are not alone.
Melbourne got them at a down week but this week they have had a huge media focus and they were always going to come out super focused.

One year will be our year
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote: A couple of our fringe players are being pursued by other clubs too,
Geez, it would have to be Brisbane, can't see how anyone would be interested in a player who can't get a game in this team.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:GWS also lost by nearly 10 goals in Adelaide, Richmond by 75 points so we are not alone.
Melbourne got them at a down week but this week they have had a huge media focus and they were always going to come out super focused.
We lost to the Swans (13th) by 60 ON OUR HOME DUNG HEAP.
So no.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
jaxons wrote: A couple of our fringe players are being pursued by other clubs too,
Geez, it would have to be Brisbane, can't see how anyone would be interested in a player who can't get a game in this team.
He just said 'clubs' not AFL clubs.
Probably EDFL or some suburban leagues because that is the standard of our fringe players.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If Kelly watched our last three games, he would not come near us with a barge pole. Only way he would join us now would be with a MONSTER offer.

But GEEZE is he exactly the type of player that we do not have.

ON THE GOOD NEWS Side... We may well have two Top 5 picks coming now. Which may mean it is better to keep rather than trade them.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
jaxons
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:No problems, Jaxons. Let's just leave it there. I stand by what I reported here, as being an accurate rendition of what was told to me. Of course Paddy would say that publicly. It's probably true, but what else would he say at this early stage? Are you seriously suggesting that everything footballers and clubs announce in the media is true and accurate? Spare me.

Your beef should be with Geelong, not me. As I stated, it's their idea, not Paddy's or the club's. It's not made up. I resent your accusation. The fact you keep repeating that shows you've failed to understand my post, or you have nothing to actually show it is false and you hope by repeating yourself, you'll convince others. Then you iced the cake by using Twitter and Craig Hutchison and a confected doorstop with Paddy as proof. Nobody ever lies on Twitter do they? As for the Schache deal, the question was asked, would you do it? That's all.

Has our club made or prepared approaches to numerous players from other clubs? I think you'll have to admit they have. If they haven't, they are acting incompetently or being negligent in their duties. Calm down, take a deep breath and read my original post again. Reflect upon it, and I think you'll find it was speculation based on facts reported. If you are an itk, you'd know that all football clubs indulge in the sort of behaviour Geelong just has. Ours included. It's why 99% of trade rumours don't come to fruition. In future, when accusing others of making up things, make sure you can back it up. I look forward to your contributions in the future and trust they will justify your self appointed position as this site's resident ITK.
No worries WW, let's leave it there.
And yes our club is approaching players from other clubs, and we sure need a few A graders to take the next step.

David-Lee
Club Player

I know midfielders basically win games these days but we desperately need a gun forward. There is not a single Saints player (bar the sacred master #12) who is capable of winning a game on his boot. We must get a key midfielder a key forward and a key defender

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:I know midfielders basically win games these days but we desperately need a gun forward. There is not a single Saints player (bar the sacred master #12) who is capable of winning a game on his boot. We must get a key midfielder a key forward and a key defender

We need two gun mids IMO way, way, way more than a gun forward.

Gun mids will kick a few goals yes, but with gun mids more importantly all your forwards will do better.

Also gun forwards will rarely win a game of their own booth, whereas truly gun mids do this on a regular basis.

Cats as a case study of what adding a gun mid when you already have one gun mid can do.

Hawks a case study of what losing your two best mids, plus a fast outside mid can do. Hawks forward line is age wise in its prime, but has looked awful this year without a good midfield. aging backline has not helped.

Ginston 25
Bruest 26
Smith 28
Rioli 27
Puoplo 29
Roughead 30
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 10 Jun 2017 4:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:
He just said 'clubs' not AFL clubs.
Probably EDFL or some suburban leagues because that is the standard of our fringe players.
Tom Lee and Beau Maister are having a ball over here in Perth in the WAFL.
Money is not too bad. Weather is brilliant.
For the last week, it's been mid-20's each day.
WAFL clubs could be attractive to our fringe guys.

Perth doesn't yet have the Apex curse, no daily armed robberies, home invasions, car-jackings that Melbourne currently enjoys.
I heard about five or six wealthy South African families who recently moved from Melbourne back to Johannesburg
"because Melbourne is too violent to raise a family"

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee