Kelly and May

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

David-Lee
Club Player

Re: Kelly and May

I do not understand why any of us even hope. Have you not been on the planet in the last 3 drafts? Yes we got some ok players further deep. But our top picks since 2000-1 seem to be poor.
I still think Billings, trade for Carlisle, and Paddy were just a waste of opportunity. These guys are much better than I can ever dream at footy. I do not question them as Saints but as worthy of our top picks - NO! This is what will continue to happen we will waste our picks whilst players who are gettable go elsewhere and win grand finals.

HarryM
Club Player

David-Lee wrote:I do not understand why any of us even hope. Have ylu not been on the planet in the last 3 drafts? Yes we got some ok players further deep. But our top picks since 2000-1 seem to be poor.
I still think Billings, trade for Carlisle, and Paddy were just a waste of opportunity. These guys are much better than I can ever dream at footy. I do not question them as Saints but as worthy of our top picks - NO! This is what eill continue to happen we will waste our picks whilst players who are gettable go elsewhere and ein grand finals.
Is that you Trout?

Glad to see the dyslexia has improved since you last posted.

Keep up the good work, and keep taking those great picks mate. :D

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote: I still think Billings,.... a waste of opportunity. These guys are much better than I can ever dream at footy. I do not question them as Saints but as worthy of our top picks - NO!

While you can say that about Billings now, even the Dogs have said since that they would have taken Billings if available.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
David-Lee
Club Player

HarryM wrote:
David-Lee wrote:I do not understand why any of us even hope. Have ylu not been on the planet in the last 3 drafts? Yes we got some ok players further deep. But our top picks since 2000-1 seem to be poor.
I still think Billings, trade for Carlisle, and Paddy were just a waste of opportunity. These guys are much better than I can ever dream at footy. I do not question them as Saints but as worthy of our top picks - NO! This is what eill continue to happen we will waste our picks whilst players who are gettable go elsewhere and ein grand finals.
Is that you Trout?

Geez misspell a couple of words and third grade marm old Miss Cratz is grading my paper! Lol

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote:
HarryM wrote:
Is that you Trout?

Geez misspell a couple of words and third grade marm old Miss Cratz is grading my paper! Lol
That's one of his best posts ever, David-Lee! How did you know he is Miss Cratz?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: I heard about five or six wealthy South African families who recently moved from Melbourne back to Johannesburg
"because Melbourne is too violent to raise a family"

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
kalsaint
Club Player

What if we don't get Kelly? Who are the potential valued picks or steals from other clubs in a trade?

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
stonecold
SS Life Member

kalsaint wrote:What if we don't get Kelly? Who are the potential valued picks or steals from other clubs in a trade?
We could trade out some of the Fickle Posters on hear that pretend to support the club, but I don't think we would get much back in return (apart from more common sense and true knowledge of the game)!!!!!

Less KeyBoard Cowboys and broken hearted love stories would be a good start!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

kalsaint wrote:What if we don't get Kelly? Who are the potential valued picks or steals from other clubs in a trade?
I think that the Saints have for some seasons been rebuilding the club through ''value" picks. The strategy too has been very much a quantity based with often seeking multiple picks/players one to churn through players so that some will be good enough to make it. You never expect all such players to make it and so the plan was to get more players in to find the ones that we need. A few stop gap cheap players like Delaney were thrown in too.

Milera, Saad, Murdoch, Hickey, Lee, just being some of the fruit from such deals. Value picks such as Bruce, Membrey, Roberton, Weller being very much on the plaus side. Others on the minus side and some are yet to be determined.

However this strategy can only gets you so far. Having built a good platform, the way to improve the list we now have is by adding quality. Little is to be gained now from swapping one reasonable player for another . What we now need are guns, or players that will soon will be.

This is also in keeping with the plan rolled out by Pelchen/Bains/ The Club which was to land Big Fish starting this coming trade/draft period.

That not one of the new acquisitions has yet bloomed into a star (though some may), now makes it even more vital for the club to now deliver that gun player, or players.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

CARLTON is the frontrunner to acquire Greater Western Sydney midfielder Josh Kelly if he decides to leave the Giants, according to Brisbane champion Jonathan Brown.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/carlton ... 25e475f408

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

paper bags again? or a AFL endorsed "ambassador" for a paper company?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Con Gorozidis wrote:CARLTON is the frontrunner to acquire Greater Western Sydney midfielder Josh Kelly if he decides to leave the Giants, according to Brisbane champion Jonathan Brown.

Despite their ladder position, Carlton are starting to seem like a team on the up. They're well-coached, have exciting youth and even more importantly, aren't getting flogged week after week.

May be a possibility.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:CARLTON is the frontrunner to acquire Greater Western Sydney midfielder Josh Kelly if he decides to leave the Giants, according to Brisbane champion Jonathan Brown.

Notice the dubious look on Jason Dunstall's face at Brown's speculation?

I wouldn't rule Carlton out, but it would be brave to predict he's definitely going there.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Wombat15
Club Player

SOS was all over him in the draft. Was the main reason he didn't fall to us at 3.always had a feeling they were in the mix though.
So with this being said should we prepping for B grade targets like Hopper & Devon Smith (if we are to raid gws). Really just hope we don't overpay for Martin or potentially Rocky.

longtimesaint
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:

I wouldn't rule Carlton out, but it would be brave to predict he's definitely going there.
Where do Carlton get the two first rounders it would take to get Kelly?

One year will be our year
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

longtimesaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

We would certainly have more chips at the trade table than Carlton. But if Kelly were to nominate Carlton as his preference, it wouldn't really count for much.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
We would certainly have more chips at the trade table than Carlton. But if Kelly were to nominate Carlton as his preference, it wouldn't really count for much.
It would not count for much? It actually would count for virtually everything as it is very rare that an uncontracted players does not get to the team that he nominates these days.

If the Saints want to gain Kelly, they have to convince him and is manager to join us. without that he will 100% not be coming.

He he nominates us it is 99.5% that he will.

In terms of trading for Kelly as apart from the Hawks, and I think the Cats?, most teams have a first round pick from both 2017 and 2018 that they could trade. Most of teams in the lower third could afford the Kelly $$$ to.

Remember too that the Saints have been rumoured to have been chasing Kelly since last year and was evidently a factor in trading for the Hawks first Rounder. At that time I would imagine that our football team would have had both us and the Hawks as just in or out of the 8, and possibly in. so that gives you an idea what the saints think could get the deal done.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Easy. Their first rounders from this year and next.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
It would not count for much? It actually would count for virtually everything as it is very rare that an uncontracted players does not get to the team that he nominates these days.

If the Saints want to gain Kelly, they have to convince him and is manager to join us. without that he will 100% not be coming.

He he nominates us it is 99.5% that he will.

In terms of trading for Kelly as apart from the Hawks, and I think the Cats?, most teams have a first round pick from both 2017 and 2018 that they could trade. Most of teams in the lower third could afford the Kelly $$$ to.

Remember too that the Saints have been rumoured to have been chasing Kelly since last year and was evidently a factor in trading for the Hawks first Rounder. At that time I would imagine that our football team would have had both us and the Hawks as just in or out of the 8, and possibly in. so that gives you an idea what the saints think could get the deal done.
That's precising my point. If he nominates Carlton, then it won't matter how good our trading hand is.

lintonstreet
Club Player

Darth Vader wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
8856brother wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Kelly is best mates with Billings and Sinclair. That is a significant factor when all other things such as money are equal. I look forward to seeing all three of them in our elite midfield next year.
Thought Jack Steele was his bff!
Mates from school and junior footy, brother! Steele's a comparative blow in, but every little bit helps! :D
Thought Billo and Sinclair were Scotch College/Oakleigh Chargers, Kelly was Brighton Grammar/Sandy Dragons. Not much overlap there.
Correct.
Most of Josh's mates play with OBGS - his best mate playing AFL is Man of Steel.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

lintonstreet wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
8856brother wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Kelly is best mates with Billings and Sinclair. That is a significant factor when all other things such as money are equal. I look forward to seeing all three of them in our elite midfield next year.
Mates from school and junior footy, brother! Steele's a comparative blow in, but every little bit helps! :D
Thought Billo and Sinclair were Scotch College/Oakleigh Chargers, Kelly was Brighton Grammar/Sandy Dragons. Not much overlap there.
Correct.
Most of Josh's mates play with OBGS - his best mate playing AFL is Man of Steel.
God I hate this type of talk. As if they are all 'best mates'. This is such a crock of s***.
And as if that is criteria for recruiting.
Jesus people on here talk a load of s***.
I cant stand people who name drop private schools.
Absolute floggery of the highest order.
Saying Kelly is 'best mates' with Billings and Sinclair is complete crap. I wouldnt be surprised if Kelly had never even met Sinclair at all.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: I cant stand people who name drop private schools.
Brighton Grammar School
Carey Baptist Grammar School
Caulfied Grammar School
The Geelong College
Geelong Grammar School
Haileybury (College)
Melbourne Grammar School
Scotch College
St Kevins College
Wesley College
Xavier College

Know as Associated PUBLIC Schools of Victoria
Last edited by ace on Wed 14 Jun 2017 2:31am, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
lintonstreet wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Correct.
God I hate this type of talk. As if they are all 'best mates'. This is such a crock of s***.
Saying Kelly is 'best mates' with Billings and Sinclair is complete crap. I wouldnt be surprised if Kelly had never even met Sinclair at all.
Would've been hard to ignore him when sharing a dressing room in representative teams and for cricket.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

White Winmar wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
lintonstreet wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Correct.
Would've been hard to ignore him when sharing a dressing room in representative teams and for cricket.
I will head to the post office tomorrow to send Con a parcel of bandages and burn ointment... :mrgreen: :lol:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
That's precising my point. If he nominates Carlton, then it won't matter how good our trading hand is.
Thanks for clarifying. It is the funny thing with English as it can often be taken two ways.