ChrisRyanSaints one month ban

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

ChrisRyanSaints one month ban

ChrisRyanSaints has been banned from the forum for one month under the trolling rules.
The poster continues to use highly abusive and inappropriate language towards Saints players, staff and the club.

The mods have attempted to communicate with the poster via PM but have received no response.
Therefore, the poster has been banned for one month. Further posts of this nature on return to the forum will result in account deletion.

loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: ChrisRyanSaints one month ban

Thanks st.b - I support the mods decision. I usually ignore his posts, however anyone following the match day thread yesterday was assaulted by extremely inappropriate language and IMO, downright stupid comments on players and coaches.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Soft

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:Thanks st.b - I support the mods decision. I usually ignore his posts, however anyone following the match day thread yesterday was assaulted by extremely inappropriate language and IMO, downright stupid comments on players and coaches.
G'day Loris. Just to clarify, ChrisRyanSaints didn't actually post int he match thread yesterday, but his posts in previous weeks' match threads are a large part of the reason for the ban.

loris
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Soft
I don't think so in this instance SaintPav. Yesterday was the first time I have read a match day thread, whilst the game was in progress.

Before the game started one very respected poster, lamented they were unable to go to the game as one of the children was ill. So was watching the game on telly with the child (I think). This postedr commented a number of times early in the match on the thread, in her usual measured manner.

When I started reading the most inappropriate language ChrisRyanSaints was using, I hoped our respected poster wasn't having her child read the posts with her, to keep the kiddie occupied & happy. Don't know how old the child is, but I assume it is a youngster, but at the time I thought it would be appalling if the kid inadvertently read CRS's posts.

Remember, SaintPav - we don't always know the ages of people reading threads. I can recall a poster years ago used to have his young child who was on the functioning spectrum of autism involved on Saintsational. Regular posters knew of this situation and the child was treated with respect. A couple of newer posters to the site at times had a shot at the child when a rather strange (?) post was made. PM's. informing the new poster of the situation usually stopped this kid being ridiculed.
Sadly, the poster & the lad no longer post here because the way the site degenerated a couple of years ago, and the father thought it was best to no longer be on SS.

So SaintPav, that is my reason for supporting the mods.......... if there are any children reading this site, IMO they don't need to be subjected to boring, infantile and inappropriate posting of a cyber warrior who has no control over his/her emotions

loris
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
loris wrote:Thanks st.b - I support the mods decision. I usually ignore his posts, however anyone following the match day thread yesterday was assaulted by extremely inappropriate language and IMO, downright stupid comments on players and coaches.
G'day Loris. Just to clarify, ChrisRyanSaints didn't actually post int he match thread yesterday, but his posts in previous weeks' match threads are a large part of the reason for the ban.
I'm sure it was the match day thread I read it on yesterday ....... as it was the first time I have ever read the match day threads whilst a match is on.
Sorry if it was another thread I read CRS on during the match. I'll butt out now. :P

Sure they weren't deleted???????

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
st.byron wrote:
I'm sure it was the match day thread I read it on yesterday ....... as it was the first time I have ever read the match day threads whilst a match is on.
Sorry if it was another thread I read CRS on during the match. I'll butt out now. :P

I think you'll find that was citywest in the match day thread bagging our players and swearing but he obviously got away with it, again.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Good riddance. His post about sacking the coach etc gave me a headache.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
shrodes
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:Soft
Not hard enough

loris
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
st.byron wrote:

Yes I can see now st.b that, CRS hasn't any posts on the match day thread - so my bad - apologies to CRS.
I must have mixed it up with the other thread where he was shouting & ranting inappropriately that I read - strange because I usually avoid reading his tripe.

Still stand by my view that the poster should be banned, as we don't know the ages of ones reading this site at times.

There was another poster on the match day thread who flew pretty close to the wind a number of times. But that poster is cunning to only shout abuse continually in the following manner, F**K etc. tho any child reading this could soon decipher it.
I can ignore it when he does it occasionally in a thread, but it was rather constant in his posting style in the match day thread yesterday.

Actually I was surprised how very controlled most posters on that thread were yesterday, as I'm sure many like me were venting their spleen at the telly.

Don't think I'll be reading a match day thread whilst game is going on ever again. You miss too much, meant I had to go back and rewatch the game, now that was painful. :evil:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Turning into Bigfooty

You can have an opinion, as long as it's popular!

Didn't take much notice of his posts TBH

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Turning into Bigfooty

You can have an opinion, as long as it's popular!

Didn't take much notice of his posts TBH
Just going to point out that the poster was not banned for his opinion.

he was banned for the inappropriate way he was mocking players and coaches and our belief that this was designed to inflame anger in the forum from other posters - thus trolling.

IF a poster wants to criticise players and coaches and can do so in a reasonable way - by providing statistics or quoting opinions from experienced coaches or media sources or even compare their performances to other players / coaches then that is acceptable BUT that wasn't the case here.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Good on you Loris.

Try as I might to be discrete, the small people (10 and under) are always fascinated by what's being posted (they lurk in the shadows) so your observations are appreciated.

Neither of the named posters have covered themselves in glory over the last weeks, whether it is all caps abuse (with the occasional asterisk) in a "look at me" thread, or flagrant baiting in the match thread. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but in my opinion, their opinions are pretty ordinary for people who call themselves supporters of our club.

Thanks to the mods for trying to balance everyone's interests. It's a no win task, but many of us appreciate it.

Always loyal
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

A month seems a bit harsh.

I think match day threads are emotional and in the heat of the battle (reckless, high impact = 1 week)
The speech impediment comment isnt all that bad (intentional, low impact = 1 week).

What else did he do do wrong?

With an early plea could be reduced to 2 weeks.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

This campaigner has been banned from BigFooty as well - permaban I think.

Another 'regardez-moi' troll should be banned also.

No Contract, No Contact :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:This campaigner has been banned from BigFooty as well - permaban I think.

Another 'regardez-moi' troll should be banned also.
+ 1

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I think anyone that bags Gilbo should get a month :)

longtimesaint
Club Player

I would like to see it permanent.
No true supporter of the club would be so derogatory or totally negative about the club.
I am sick of the trolls that are destructive and the forum would be better off without them.

One year will be our year
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:A month seems a bit harsh.

I think match day threads are emotional and in the heat of the battle (reckless, high impact = 1 week)
The speech impediment comment isnt all that bad (intentional, low impact = 1 week).

He was a troll. full stop. lucky not to get a permanent ban imho.

stonecold
SS Life Member

Just let the Mod's do their job, not for us to second guess!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

stonecold wrote:Just let the Mod's do their job, not for us to second guess!!!!!
+1 (without any superfluous exclamation marks)

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
stonecold
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote:
stonecold wrote:Just let the Mod's do their job, not for us to second guess!!!!!
+1 (without any superfluous exclamation marks)
+1!!!!!##!!!!!
:lol:

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It was our belief?

Did he get personal? Was he abusive?? Which exact comments crossed the line??

Was it just the vibe?

It was our belief...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:A month seems a bit harsh.

He was a troll. full stop. lucky not to get a permanent ban imho.
Being a troll in itself isnt bannable

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8516