Paddy and the Gresh

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Paddy and the Gresh

Proph3t of egan wrote:
saynta wrote:
Proph3t of egan wrote:
saynta wrote:
Harvey To Hayes wrote:
saynta wrote:
The Fireman wrote:maybe you can instruct them on how to do up their bootlaces.

I'm sure I can teach them how to hang onto a chest mark ffs.
When they're both guns and winning us games in a few years I hope you look back with a fair degree of embarrassment on how you slagged them off during their development, pretty crap supporting for mine...

What a load of rubbish. Taking a chest mark is a basic skill that should have been mastered by the time a player is recruited at the top level of the game, not a skill still being developed

Time and time again I watched our mids work their arses off to get the ball into our forward line only to see our forwards fumble the ball like 10 year old unskilled footballers. And that is being unfair to ten year olds as my grandson would not have dropped some of those marks.

It was soul destroying.

No-one whats to see them succeed more than I and I hope like hell they do.

I don't need a lecture from the likes of you and i won't be looking in the future with any degree of embarrassment at all for telling the truth.

Talk about rose coloured glasses. The only one slagging off around here is you imho.
Does your ten year old grandson play on far more experienced defenders with at least 5 years in him? Because as far as I know, that's who Paddy and fresh are playing on each week. Both have less then thirty games experience so of course they are not gonna be doing everything correctly with all that pressure.

Don't know about you, but I'm willing to let them get used to AFL level pressure
I'm not going to get into an argument with you or anybody else or answer stupid questions.

The simple truth is both dropped chest marks at the weekend that you would expect players at their level and obvious class would have normally gobbled up.

Pressure wasn't a factor in any of the incidents apart from that created in their own minds. Just terrible sub standard skills.

I also have a news flash for you. They weren't the only ones whose skills were down on the weekend.

I reckon the coach would agree with me too.

End of discussion afaic.
Wasn't disagreeing with you that should have taken some marks, especially when Paddy was on a lead and it went straight to him. But pressure is always a factor in modern day footy. A defenders job is to put pressure on forwards the entire game. So the idea that it was like the boys dropping marks in a game of kick to kick, where only skill matters is a stupid comment. And if you don't want to stupid answers asked, don't bring stupid things

:D