We need to fix this and fast.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: We need to fix this and fast.

longtimesaint wrote:I have been watching the last time we played well against GWS and a couple of things came to notice.
While Bruce was not getting many marks or goals he was doing a power of work in contesting every contest, and both bringing the ball to ground as well as helping to keep it in our forward area.
At the other end Webster was a driving force from the backline with accurate disposal.
I think having both Bruce and Webster missing has contributed to our poor performances in the last two weeks.
Against Sydney we also lost Newnes and so lost nearly all our run off half-back.
Good observations and I agree.

Reading between the lines of Richo's pre-match interview he wanted to bring Bruce back in against the Dogs for structural reasons.

He hesitated because Bruce did not exactly set the world on fire for Sandringham.

A mistake, imo, that will be rectified after the bye if commonsense prevails.

I agree also re Webster. He's a damn good player, quick and aggressive and has been sorely missed.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:The saints at present appear to me to play like a suburban or country team.

They only pass the ball to their mates and not the player in the best position to receive.

I lost count of the number of times this happened on saturday.

Unbelievable.

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I think Armo is a big loss too. He takes pressure off Steven, now that tagging is back in vogue we need more grunt in the middle to cover that scenario.

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

longtimesaint wrote:I have been watching the last time we played well against GWS and a couple of things came to notice.
While Bruce was not getting many marks or goals he was doing a power of work in contesting every contest, and both bringing the ball to ground as well as helping to keep it in our forward area.
At the other end Webster was a driving force from the backline with accurate disposal.
I think having both Bruce and Webster missing has contributed to our poor performances in the last two weeks.
Against Sydney we also lost Newnes and so lost nearly all our run off half-back.
Bingo, exactly my sentiments!