Coaches Message to Members

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Coaches Message to Members

Blah Blah Blah

FIX IT!!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Coaches Message to Members

Sainter_Dad wrote:

Blah Blah Blah

FIX IT!!!!!
He should've done this spin piece at midnight after a skinful - at least he'd use a different word to "diasappointing"

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I really like Richardson.

He seems like a very genuine guy, and I'd wager that the players really like him.

But aside from the fact that I nearly vomit in my mouth a bit every time he repeats the words 'strong', 'pleasing' and 'disappointing' - I'm really starting to doubt his coaching.

If his 'Plan A' is what I think it is - then I'm concerned.

But more seriously, is that if that's all he's got then I'm very concerned that he's not the not going to make it as a coach and we're screwed.

The best case scenario is that we just have a bunch of s*** players and they're not doing what he keeps asking them to do.

That's the best case.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Johnny Member wrote:I really like Richardson.

He seems like a very genuine guy, and I'd wager that the players really like him.

But aside from the fact that I nearly vomit in my mouth a bit every time he repeats the words 'strong', 'pleasing' and 'disappointing' - I'm really starting to doubt his coaching.

But more seriously, is that if that's all he's got then I'm very concerned that he's not the not going to make it as a coach and we're screwed.

The best case scenario is that we just have a bunch of s*** players and they're not doing what he keeps asking them to do.

That's the best case.
I actually think that would be the worse case. If for the most part our playing list is no good, then that's a five year rebuild to little effect.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:

That's the best case.
I actually think that would be the worse case. If for the most part our playing list is no good, then that's a five year rebuild to little effect.
yeah, I mean 'best case' in terms of Richardson's coaching.

The_President
Club Player

Masterclass from Bevo.

Dropped two key forwards in Redpath & Cloke.

Went ultra small.. leaving one of Brown/Carlisle out of place.

Extra smalls/runners allowed them to press better.

Resulting in us bombing it long and letting Wood and Co have a field day.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Personnel is an issue imo, as we've got half a team of average decision makers, with below average skills.

With the above issue the jury is still out on whether he can coach imo.

That said if Richo's 'run and gun' continues he could be in a bit of trouble by seasons end.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

But more seriously, is that if that's all he's got then I'm very concerned that he's not the not going to make it as a coach and we're

That's the best case.
Totally agree re Richo's pressers they are embarrassing. I wonder if thats how he speaks to his players has to be the worse media performer all the AFL coaches.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Sun 28 May 2017 12:15am, edited 1 time in total.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Leo.J wrote:Personnel is an issue imo, as we've got half a team of average decision makers, with below average skills.

That said if Richo's 'run and gun' continues he could be in a bit of trouble by seasons end.
The jury might be out,
but for me, half the team should get life with no parole

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:

But more seriously, is that if that's all he's got then I'm very concerned that he's not the not going to make it as a coach and we're

That's the best case.
Totalky agree re Richo's pressers they are embarrassing. I wonder if thats how he speaks to his players has to be the worse media performer all the AFL coaches.
Are you serious?

Highly doubt it.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Personnel is an issue imo, as we've got half a team of average decision makers, with below average skills.

The jury might be out,
but for me, half the team should get life with no parole
Hahaha

We've got about 12 bottom 6 players.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

A year on...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Fri 18 May 2018 3:51pm A year on...
I can see it now.

roger fox releases the Goneski Report - AR!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Sometimes I love this place!

What do people actually want or expect him to say?

A few weeks ago he said on TV we weren't a good side and this place had a hissy fit.
Now he uses generic sayings and this place has a hissy fit.

Clearly, like myself, he thinks that these videos are a pointless exercise but someone at the club is hell bent on them.

Question his ability to coach, or his ability to motivate or develop a team as much as you like, but seriously, this is nothing but a PR exercise that he obviously is not thrilled to be doing.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
David-Lee
Club Player

Yep. Coward. 100%.
You might think he is a decent or good bloke but he's acting like a coward.
He has totally failed. He is lacking integrity as a coach, proven by the FACT he places the blame on players for the poor culture ( of which he is the dictator) which is producing fearful, second guessing lads who dont if they should kick towards the goals or out into the stands. It is producing photocopies of himself ( which is what is meant to happen) so now we have a team if boys acting like cowards, who act lovely but are devoid of a passion in their belly that can cause them to play like ferrals - soley because they love the club and want to succeed.

The aussie way...when we blow our own trumpet, have a go and c@ck it up, we take ownership. Our mates respect us, support us, have material to flog us with for the next decade, but we stick fat.
When we fail to fess up, blame others, we see that as weak as piss and lose respect because we know that ain't no aussie.

This is why I loved that blowhard GT. He sold tickets on himself all day every day. He was so in love with the club and success; when he failed he was gutted and said so and the boys loved him to death. They'd go his house on weekends for bbq's and his wife had to chase them out to get them to go home,yet several often slept on the couches and in chairs all weekend. FACT. That's an aussie bloke that blokes respect.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote: Fri 18 May 2018 10:13pm Yep. Coward. 100%.
He has totally failed. He is lacking integrity as a coach, proven by the FACT he places the blame on players for the poor culture ( of which he is the dictator) which is producing fearful, second guessing lads who dont if they should kick towards the goals or out into the stands. It is producing photocopies of himself ( which is what is meant to happen) so now we have a team if boys acting like cowards, who act lovely but are devoid of a passion in their belly that can cause them to play like ferrals - soley because they love the club and want to succeed.

The aussie way...when we blow our own trumpet, have a go and c@ck it up, we take ownership. Our mates respect us, support us, have material to flog us with for the next decade, but we stick fat.
When we fail to fess up, blame others, we see that as weak as piss and lose respect because we know that ain't no aussie.

This is why I loved that blowhard GT. He sold tickets on himself all day every day. He was so in love with the club and success; when he failed he was gutted and said so and the boys loved him to death. They'd go his house on weekends for bbq's and his wife had to chase them out to get them to go home,yet several often slept on the couches and in chairs all weekend. FACT. That's an aussie bloke that blokes respect.
See I just always found that stuff a tad creepy and cult like
Sure respect your coach but Thomas was hell bent on manipulating a group of young guys into revering him as the messiah and that only ends in tears
I guarantee you they liked Grant - they truly believed in Lyon and that's why the club / players were gutted when he did what he did

“Yeah….nah””
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sat 19 May 2018 12:37am
David-Lee wrote: Fri 18 May 2018 10:13pm Yep. Coward. 100%.

See I just always found that stuff a tad creepy and cult like
Sure respect your coach but Thomas was hell bent on manipulating a group of young guys into revering him as the messiah and that only ends in tears
I guarantee you they liked Grant - they truly believed in Lyon and that's why the club / players were gutted when he did what he did
I can guarantee that you are wrong. The ex players that are now in the media will be writing and recalling for many years to come about their memories of the coach who had the most influence in their career. They'll reminisce and remember the good times and their growth as men and as footballers. Most of the credit for the teams strengths in Lyon's years was due to the legacy of GT and the foundations laid down prior to Rossy setting foot at the club. The Saints predicament now and our list at the moment can be traced back to the legacy of Lyon.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1 ... ssion=true