Team v dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Team v dogs

In Savage Minchington
Out Riewoldt Dunstan

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v dogs

So Weller survives again eh

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Good ins againts the small and mobile Doggies Team.

With Newnes fit Rice misses out.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:So Weller survives again eh
Interesting choice if Wright plays in the VFL this week.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Glad to see that Paddy has survived....hope Nick is OK

carn_sainter
Club Player

Meatball in for Dunstan is a good move.

I have serious worries that we won't be able to move the ball from the back half because we won't have anything to kick to.

I'm interested in seeing how we set up. Weller and Membrey leading off half forward, McCartin deeper?

For a team that relies heavily on banging it in deep and long, we don't have much aerial power. Here's hoping we can beat their press and hit some targets.

older saint
SS Life Member

Interesting Rice not even emergency and no VFL game this week i believe with SoO.

Huge test for Weller and Billings to be lead up targets forward unless planning on Blake playing up there more.

They are tough inside so Dunstan may be stiff and interesting to see how we go as clearly have gone smaller line up.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Dunstan was exploited badly last week when the Swans transitioned from defence to attack. They would often kick to the player nearest to him and then that player would have a free run forward, with Dunstan looking as if he was wading through treacle. He just couldn't keep up. His disposal was poor again, and his fumbling at critical moments really cost us. I hope he can improve the fumbling, but as for the speed and endurance, I'm not so sure.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Otiman wrote:
Didn't Gilbee say Wright may not play after being concussed?
I read it on here the other day.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Interesting Rice not even emergency and no VFL game this week i believe with SoO.

Huge test for Weller and Billings to be lead up targets forward unless planning on Blake playing up there more.

They are tough inside so Dunstan may be stiff and interesting to see how we go as clearly have gone smaller line up.
What does SoO mean?

Zebs play Footisgray at Whitten Oval at 7pm! night game.
No teams listed yet on their website, unusual

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Dunstan was exploited badly last week when the Swans transitioned from defence to attack. They would often kick to the player nearest to him and then that player would have a free run forward, with Dunstan looking as if he was wading through treacle. He just couldn't keep up. His disposal was poor again, and his fumbling at critical moments really cost us. I hope he can improve the fumbling, but as for the speed and endurance, I'm not so sure.
Honestly, I thought he got 20+ possies, but I really didn't notice him at all,
I couldn't see through the tears of pain as Swines #4 was on outside of each contest, and got spoon-fed
by Swines inside players, making a mockery of our guys

I am amazed he was dropped; my impression (shared by Con and others) is that Luke is the Golden Child.
Glad he wasn't picked, not from me being nasty, but because the coaches are showing they're serious about winning.

Proph3t of egan
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote:
cwrcyn wrote:Dunstan was exploited badly last week when the Swans transitioned from defence to attack. They would often kick to the player nearest to him and then that player would have a free run forward, with Dunstan looking as if he was wading through treacle. He just couldn't keep up. His disposal was poor again, and his fumbling at critical moments really cost us. I hope he can improve the fumbling, but as for the speed and endurance, I'm not so sure.
Honestly, I thought he got 20+ possies, but I really didn't notice him at all,
I couldn't see through the tears of pain as Swines #4 was on outside of each contest, and got spoon-fed
by Swines inside players, making a mockery of our guys

I am amazed he was dropped; my impression (shared by Con and others) is that Luke is the Golden Child.
Glad he wasn't picked, not from me being nasty, but because the coaches are showing they're serious about winning.
He had no tackles last week

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Surprised that the Dogs did not include Roughead.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Otiman wrote:
Didn't Gilbee say Wright may not play after being concussed?
I read it on here the other day.
I didn't see that, trying to avoid all the doomsayers this week. He wasn't named as emergency.

Makes sense to keep Weller in if Wright isn't available, I don't think there's a like for like replacement available.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Interesting Rice not even emergency and no VFL game this week i believe with SoO.

I think Billings will rotate more through the midfield with Dunstan out. Minch to play more forward. (or the other way around, I guess).

lintonstreet
Club Player

He's the best pressure forward we have so highly unlikely he will be dropped anytime soon.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

lintonstreet wrote:
He's the best pressure forward we have so highly unlikely he will be dropped anytime soon.
Minch is comfortably ahead of Weller for pressure, I imagine Wright & Gresham would be too.

Mav is kind of in between a lot of positions… not good enough for the midfield, doesn't apply enough pressure to be a small & just misses too many goals to play as a medium…

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:

I think Billings will rotate more through the midfield with Dunstan out. Minch to play more forward. (or the other way around, I guess).
After the 5 goals, JB said he was happier playing fwd, and I think AR expressed happiness as well about the outcome,
and implied he belongs fwd.
So not sure how they'll play Minch, because he seems to be more of a Fwd than a Mid.

Will be interesting indeed.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

lintonstreet wrote:
I'd say on performance this season, he's behind Wright, Minch and heck even Gresh who may not be as good a pressure player but is more effective nonetheless.

Would rather Dunstan in the team on form at the moment

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Acres to push forward I think.

Plus Carlisle I have a feeling will be told to sneak forward when he can on occassion.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
lintonstreet wrote:
I'd say on performance this season, he's behind Wright, Minch and heck even Gresh who may not be as good a pressure player but is more effective nonetheless.

Gresh? He's flashy and gets the insane goals, but he only gets about 12-13 touches, if that. He stands out because he is a finisher.
I know he does get in and tackle and does the pressure acts, not sure whether or not Weller is better.
Mav has lost his GPS this year around goals. (except in Tassie)

Weller was very poor last week and tried to tackle but misjudged most of the time,
did he forget to watch the hips to see which direction the ball-carrier was going?

To the top
SS Life Member

I note the comment on Dunstan but the two who most frustrated me for the faults attributed to Dunstan were Konger and Geary

I just do not understand going back to Minchington again

My view is that we have no presence in attack other than McCartin

And we have just too many ordinary players in this side

If we are looking for the likes of Savage, Minchington, Sinclair, Geary et al to run them off their legs we stand to be sadly disappointed

Again we are set up to have just too many passengers against a side that dies not have passengers

Then there is Longer!!

What will their rucks do to him around the ground?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
skeptic wrote:
lintonstreet wrote:

Gresh? He's flashy and gets the insane goals, but he only gets about 12-13 touches, if that. He stands out because he is a finisher.
I know he does get in and tackle and does the pressure acts, not sure whether or not Weller is better.

Weller was very poor last week and tried to tackle but misjudged most of the time,
did he forget to watch the hips to see which direction the ball-carrier was going?
At the start of the season, I would have said that Weller was one of the top 5 or 6 automatic picks for sure... but he has been woeful all season minus the Hawks game.

Now I'm not writing him off... but other players such as Wright, Dasher, Dunstan, Bruce, Savage etc. have been dropped on form and have been made to earn their way back.

What the hell has Mav done to earn a free pass like this

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
skeptic wrote:
lintonstreet wrote:

At the start of the season, I would have said that Weller was one of the top 5 or 6 automatic picks for sure... but he has been woeful all season minus the Hawks game.

Now I'm not writing him off... but other players such as Wright, Dasher, Dunstan, Bruce, Savage etc. have been dropped on form and have been made to earn their way back.

What the hell has Mav done to earn a free pass like this
Free pass for Mav because he's in the Leadership group maybe?
Or coaches don't think those guys you named, can perform better than Mav.

I know Josh is in the group too, but he had to go to let Paddy in.
Last edited by WellardSaint on Thu 25 May 2017 9:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Acres to push forward I think.

Plus Carlisle I have a feeling will be told to sneak forward when he can on occassion.
I reckon Carlisle might play a fair bit forward this week, dogs have named a very small forward line