The newest Jack - article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The newest Jack - article

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/qa-jack-steele/
How did the St Kilda opportunity come up? Did your manager suggest them as a destination and team that were developing? Were there other clubs that you considered?

My manager told me that there were a few clubs who were interested, and that included the Giants who I could have remained at if I wanted to. He just basically gave me his opinion and asked me what I would like to do, and St Kilda was easily the best place, but not in terms of opportunity. I probably could have gone somewhere else and got more game time, but I think St Kilda were the best club in terms of success, apart from the Giants of course. I feel that they’re there right now, but the Saints have a ready-built list and we just need to play a few more games together and we’ll be just as good as the Giants in a few more years. It was easily the best move for me.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You spoke about the Saints being a good, developing team, what have the first seven or eight months been like in terms of fitting in with the playing group and building relationships?

I’d say it’s been easy, just because quite a few of us are around the same age group. I think I counted the other day that there’s five or six guys that were born in 1995 just like me. It was similar at the Giants — they were all around the same age so it was easy to fit in. I’m loving it, they’re my best mates. I’m rapt to have played every game this year. It’s the longest I’ve held my spot for so I couldn’t be happier.

Saints fans have been talking a lot about the number of Jacks you have and that you became the sixth, does that get a bit confusing at times when a Jack is mentioned?

It happens a bit actually and I suppose on the field. When someone calls ‘Jack’ and two or three of us look over it’s pretty funny because then you’ll hear, ‘We only need one of you!’ It’s a bit funny but a lot of the boys have nicknames which helps. One is ‘Jill’ because of ‘Jack and Jill’ and one is ‘John,’ and there’s a few more. I’m just ‘Steeley’ at this stage.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: The newest Jack - article

I thought this thread was about jackstevo! Or maybe JackJacqui!!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: The newest Jack - article

imagine if Savage had half as much composure as this 21 year old midfield bull...
We could only dream... :oops:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee