Battle to Play for Hailebury?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Battle to Play for Hailebury?

ace wrote:I did not delete your post.
It should have read like this.
saints66 wrote:I remember when I was doing Year 12 a fellow class member got selected to play for Melbourne firsts and they told the school he could not play for them from then on. The school said he plays for us or he leaves. He completed his Matriculation at a Private College in the city. That was CBC St Kilda; very Christian of them.
Too bloody right.
He had the chance to play for a St Kilda team (even if it was a Christian Brothers College) but choose to play for Melbourne FC.
Traitor.
No worries ace .

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
loris wrote:GT allowed Luke Ball to play for his school
GT would.
Absolutely wanked himself about Luke Ball. It was a catholic school boy thing. The fact LB went to Xavier made GT positively hard.
Pretty offensive post there Con.
Which element?
The language or the sentiment?
If the language then I agree it is a bit off and I apologise.
I do not however apologize for the sentiment.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:John Ronaldson, when taken as a schoolboy by the Richmond Football, wasn't allowed to play for the Jordanville Technical School Football team............. I can understand why, the technical school competition, was way way way tougher & fiece than any private school competition in dem, dere days, so any player that was on an VFL list had to be taken down a peg or two in the tech schools comp.

The Catholics and private school proddies, would practically jump off moving trains and buses, if any Jordy Tech school boys got on.

My best mate was a Jordy Tec boy. good footballer too. Back in the 60's he won the best and fairest player in the YCW competition two years in a row. Under 17 and then under 19's.

First player to do so since Bobby Skilton. We both use to play for the suburban team in the South Eastern league on the saturday and the local YCW team on the sunday.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:John Ronaldson, when taken as a schoolboy by the Richmond Football, wasn't allowed to play for the Jordanville Technical School Football team............. I can understand why, the technical school competition, was way way way tougher & fiece than any private school competition in dem, dere days, so any player that was on an VFL list had to be taken down a peg or two in the tech schools comp.

The Catholics and private school proddies, would practically jump off moving trains and buses, if any Jordy Tech school boys got on.

My best mate was a Jordy Tec boy. Good footballer too. Back in the 60's he won the best and fairest player in the YCW competition two years in a row. Under 17 and then under 19's.

First player to do so since Bobby Skilton. We both used to play for the suburban team in the South Eastern league on the Saturday and the local YCW team on the Sunday. He was as tough as nails.

Regrettably he was a Richmond supporter zoned to Hawthorn , who nobody in my group could stand.

Ian Drake tried to get Hawthorn to cleer him but in those days that was almost impossible.

The dawks wouldn't clear him unless he first let them have a look at him . he refused to attend their training and eventually ended up playing for Campbellwell in the VFA.