Cheer Squad! you ROCK!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Cheer Squad! you ROCK!!

We were ALL as flat as tacks during Saturday's disappointing result, but NOT the Cheer Squad! Good on those girls and boys who barracked non-stop, particularly when the rest of us were sitting like stunned mullets. You never lowered the colours, not ONCE! KUDOS! Your support is an example to us all!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
lintonstreet
Club Player

Re: Cheer Squad! you ROCK!!

thejiggingsaint wrote:We were ALL as flat as tacks during Saturday's disappointing result, but NOT the Cheer Squad! Good on those girls and boys who barracked non-stop, particularly when the rest of us were sitting like stunned mullets. You never lowered the colours, not ONCE! KUDOS! Your support is an example to us all!
Great post - I thought I was alone in noticing them not only at the weekend but all year.
Their chants have a lot more firepower this year.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Yes, lintonstreet. When I was as flat as a tack, the Cheer Squad were not prepared to "go quietly" Now I'm well aware of all the smart arsed comments that may well be made about "Monty Python's Black Knight".... but damn it all! Those girls and boys in the CS had WAY more "bottle" than many more of us last weekend. It's oh so easy to "sing when you're winning" but more of a challenge, (and an indication of strength of character) to keep barracking even in the face of a pasting on field. I felt mortified last saturday, and embarrassed at MY lack of passion and support...compared to the (much maligned in the past) Cheer Squad. To the girls and boys in the CS: KEEP UP YOUR GOOD WORK! Hopefully the rest of us sitting in the goal zone area will live up to your example at our NEXT home game!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Newman
Club Player

I totally agree. I must admit that even I and the UK man in the Saint hat went pretty quiet once the last q came around ... but the Cheer Squad ... keep on rocking. Here's hoping next week's game will be a different result.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Keep punching, Jiggster!!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good on them.

I'm just relieved I couldn't go to the game!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.