Sums up footy "experts"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sums up footy "experts"

Just happened to catch Lyon on SEN talking about Buckley decision not to send someone like Greenwood to play on Tom Mitchell. Fair enough, Lyon said that Buckley was proved to be right (no schitt?) but that he (Lyon) would still have played Greenwood on Mitchell. :roll: This from someone who has never "dipped his toe into the water" senior coaching-wise, he'll! He's never even been an assistant! Just WHAT then, qualifies this "Merchant" to pontificate about someone's coaching? It's really what is wrong with the media, in my humble opinion.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sums up footy "experts"

thejiggingsaint wrote:Just happened to catch Lyon on SEN talking about Buckley decision not to send someone like Greenwood to play on Tom Mitchell. Fair enough, Lyon said that Buckley was proved to be right (no schitt?) but that he (Lyon) would still have played Greenwood on Mitchell. :roll: This from someone who has never "dipped his toe into the water" senior coaching-wise, he'll! He's never even been an assistant! Just WHAT then, qualifies this "Merchant" to pontificate about someone's coaching? It's really what is wrong with the media, in my humble opinion.
You must be talking about family killer Lyon rather than the former Sydney assistant coach and St Kilda and Fremantle senior coach.
Buckley proved right by the facts Mitchell only 308 metres gained from 50 disposals but Pendelbury 691 metres from 36 disposals.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Buckley proved right by the facts Mitchell only 308 metres gained from 50 disposals but Pendelbury 691 metres from 36 disposals.
The 308 metres gained is a crock - that's not his job. Would you be upset if say Paddy kicked 10 goals from 30 metres out - that's 300 metres gained?????

What about if Stevens got the ball to Steven 30 times in a game from a 10 metre hand pass, and Steven then carried it 50 metres each time - that's 300 metres gained by Stevens and 1,500 metres by Steven?

Conversely - if a 1-2-3 handball only gains 10 metres but is 2 disposals at least one of the disposals would appear to be a wasted one.

Effectiveness of the disposals is what is important.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Mitchell covered a lot of turf on the weekend.
Hence why Gaz is such a fan; anyone who can cover the grass so well, is a star.

Gaz can cut grass like a boss

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Proph3t of egan
Club Player

Doesn't matter how many disposals he gets he never does anything with them, a lot of them are useless handballs back and forth and gain nothing

Fortius quo Fidelius means Strength through Loyalty. . . I think